I'm still not sure I will get into DHS, but went ahead and supported you anyway :)

If I check out the game and end up not playing it for long, will there be a way for me to gift my platinum to someone else?

Thanks for the support. We do not have Platinium trading currently planned and would have to carefully consider the ramifications.

• Informative
Reactions: Temuldjin
Thanks for the support. We do not have Platinium trading currently planned and would have to carefully consider the ramifications.

If that is the case, what are you planning to do if an account is hacked and all the Platinum is traded to someone else/or spend on item the owner didn't want to spend them on?

Reactions: Denis Dyack
If that is the case, what are you planning to do if an account is hacked and all the Platinum is traded to someone else/or spend on item the owner didn't want to spend them on?

We will handle hacks on a case by case basis and make sure the situation is corrected to the best of our ability. :)

• Informative
@Denis Dyack of course Platinum trading once the game is live can lead to all sorts of "fun" abuse. I don't think you need that anymore once the game is live anyway*, because people will know in advance what they want to spend their Platinum on before even buying into it. Currently the situation is a bit different in that regard.

I guess what I was more asking is, will the Platinum come in the form of a coupon I can redeem for any account - thus, could also give it to someone else before adding it to my account - or will it strictly be applied to my account directly, say, based on the e-mail address I register with?

* except maybe if one person legitimately wants to gift another, but maybe that would also be safer to do out of game using coupons...?

@Denis Dyack of course Platinum trading once the game is live can lead to all sorts of "fun" abuse. I don't think you need that anymore once the game is live anyway*, because people will know in advance what they want to spend their Platinum on before even buying into it. Currently the situation is a bit different in that regard.

I guess what I was more asking is, will the Platinum come in the form of a coupon I can redeem for any account - thus, could also give it to someone else before adding it to my account - or will it strictly be applied to my account directly, say, based on the e-mail address I register with?

* except maybe if one person legitimately wants to gift another, but maybe that would also be safer to do out of game using coupons...?

Yes, sorry, I don't think we will ever allow trading of Platinium - it will create too many possible issues.

• Informative
Yes, sorry, I don't think we will ever allow trading of Platinium - it will create too many possible issues.

Makes sense and I understand that, having worked as a developer for a free-to-play game before.

Do you consider Platinum coupons as a form of "Platinum trading?" Otherwise, do you think that's something you could offer?

In the post you quoted, I also elaborated that my original question was more meant in a way of whether the Platinum people will get as part of a Founder's Pack is already account bound, or more like a coupon that can be applied to any account, not necessarily the purchaser's. Can you address this question, or is it too early to know how it will work exactly?

• Agree
Makes sense and I understand that, having worked as a developer for a free-to-play game before.

Do you consider Platinum coupons as a form of "Platinum trading?" Otherwise, do you think that's something you could offer?

In the post you quoted, I also elaborated that my original question was more meant in a way of whether the Platinum people will get as part of a Founder's Pack is already account bound, or more like a coupon that can be applied to any account, not necessarily the purchaser's. Can you address this question, or is it too early to know how it will work exactly?

Yes, we consider platinum account bound.

• Informative