Thaloriel

Ripe
OG 2020
Oct 21, 2020
Brazil
What would be the powers of a guardian of balance? He would have access to the powers of other guardians on a smaller scale, or the powers would have something to do with the balance of opposites like fire / water; light / dark etc? Or even something else? I'm really curious because it's the only one that isn't shown, if it's the first option, so is that why most of the skills that Kain acquires in Blood Omen seem to derive from the pillar concepts? Like Inspire Hate (Conflict), transformations (States), slow time (Time) among others.

Quais seriam os poderes de um guardião do equilíbrio? Ele teria acesso aos poderes de outros guardiões em uma escala menor ou os poderes teriam algo a ver com o equilíbrio de opostos como fogo / água; luz / escuridão etc? Ou mesmo outra coisa? Estou realmente curioso porque é o único que não é mostrado, se for a primeira opção, então é por isso que a maioria das habilidades que Kain adquire em Blood Omen parecem derivar dos conceitos dos pilares? Como Inspire Hate (Conflict), transformações (States), slow time (Time) entre outros.

Last edited:
That's a difficult one, to be sure.

I don't think the Scion of Balance would have a visible effect like so many of the others. Instead, I would consider what he effects most with is his choices. Mobius showed that fate was already dictated in advance by some degree. But if Fate were so set in concrete, how would he be able to trick Kain into killing William the Just when he was already supposed to become the Nemesis? It could also come into play with the final decision at the end of Blood Omen, when Kain must choose to either sacrifice himself or not.

My theory is that Fate is not entirely set in stone, and the ability of the Scion of Balance is to be able to tip Fate in one direction or another at pivotal moments in time to change how events will play out. It's not an especially grand looking ability on the surface, but the potential long terms of such an ability are actual quite frightening. Especially in the hands of someone as long lived as a Pillar Guardian.

That's a difficult one, to be sure.

I don't think the Scion of Balance would have a visible effect like so many of the others. Instead, I would consider what he effects most with is his choices. Mobius showed that fate was already dictated in advance by some degree. But if Fate were so set in concrete, how would he be able to trick Kain into killing William the Just when he was already supposed to become the Nemesis? It could also come into play with the final decision at the end of Blood Omen, when Kain must choose to either sacrifice himself or not.

My theory is that Fate is not entirely set in stone, and the ability of the Scion of Balance is to be able to tip Fate in one direction or another at pivotal moments in time to change how events will play out. It's not an especially grand looking ability on the surface, but the potential long terms of such an ability are actual quite frightening. Especially in the hands of someone as long lived as a Pillar Guardian.
In fact, what allows the alteration of certain parts of time is the presence of two Soul Reaver (So Moebius ensured that William had one too)