Feb 12, 2021
I thought Lord Zorin was supposed to be an Npc and not necessarily how the vampires you play as actually look like. Yes I understand that the gameplay being shown screenshots aren't final. But the recent information I've heard is that the vampires will not look like that Elvish human like being and it does upset me. I sincerely hope that's not scrapped off left down the dumpster. I really liked and prefer that this is the look for the vampires in deadhause sonata. Hopefully I have a misunderstanding or received inproper info. In my eyes deadhause sonata does not have to be so dark and gloomy. It unbalances Light and Evil honestly. I can visualize and imagine myself right now playing the game and its not sparking my heart. I don't think everyone will enjoy that anything you choose to play as is a very monstrous being. It is your game I respect that but you have to understand where I'm coming from.

Update( I showing an example of a balanced looking vampire between monstrous and human to take into consideration)

Attachments

• Deadhaus_Sonata_Featured-1024x576.png
    Deadhaus_Sonata_Featured-1024x576.png
    654.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DeadhausSonata_Zorin_04_FLAT.jpg
    DeadhausSonata_Zorin_04_FLAT.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 16133354209021963701014.jpg
    16133354209021963701014.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Elveone
Zorin is a very old vampire. As far as I know, Vampires will be able to "blend in with humans" so I think you'll still have what you're looking for with a more humanistic character. They get more grotesque with age, but it is unclear if it will be more of a battle-state and they can revert back to somewhat human while outside of combat. Someone with more knowledge feel free to drop it.

I don't have much more to say, except that Jack has said that if a vampire would blend in with humanity, it'd be something similar to an angler fish's light, rather than the actual appearance of the vamp.

I don't have much more to say, except that Jack has said that if a vampire would blend in with humanity, it'd be something similar to an angler fish's light, rather than the actual appearance of the vamp.
Hm with that metaphor. something about the appearance has to be alluring to blend in and attract, in that case, so maybe some kind of glamour or mass hypnosis? Better not look at them directly :unsure:

Hm with that metaphor. something about the appearance has to be alluring to blend in and attract, in that case, so maybe some kind of glamour or mass hypnosis? Better not look at them directly :unsure:
That was more or less how I took it. It might be more literal, like Vampire the Masquerade 5e's Blush of Life spell, where you can invoke your blood to make your organs work and allows you to appear alive and even eat for a short period.
(You still have to puke whatever you ate, though.)

Reactions: Golden Xan
Here's the thing though - the vampire presented is not monstrous, it is just ugly. If you show this concept to people without telling them that it is a vampire they would probably think that it is an orc - it has green skin, stubbed nose and elfish ears. Yeah, it has fangs instead of tusks but that is not enough to call it a vampire. If I had to guess Lord Zorin's art is an attempt to recapture the feeling of Vorador without repeating it but while Vorador had the effect of "what the hell am I even looking at" Zorin is too close to something very familiar and very not-vampire. Or, you know, you can say that it looks a little bit like Michael Morbius I guess but even then the aspects of being dead and batlike are more pronounced.

On the other hand that visage is also very strange because the Red Lady, the first vampire that the vampires worship, looks completely human. It is also very strange because the vampires were human and are shapeshifters and the form proposed for them does not seem to have any advantages over looking completely human so why would they want to look like that? The werebat form looked great and if that is the vampire's default form and they play at looking human then that would actually make sense.

I like my vamps to be as rotten as possible but I recall something from a stream that vampires can walk amongst humans so I guess it would be a spell or something which hides the monsterous looks of the vampire.

I don't agree that Zorin looks like an orc. The only thing I'd change about him, were it up to me, is I'd have him either be fully bald or have a full head of hair (the goal of the monster vampire is to be enobled in its monstrosity, not downcast IMO) and I'd give him a proper nose. Maybe less degraded armor. I don't think there's much wrong with Zorin's design, just these are the things that stick out to me.

Reactions: Golden Xan
(... ) I recall something from a stream that vampires can walk amongst humans so I guess it would be a spell or something which hides the monsterous looks of the vampire.
Yes, Vampires use spells to disguise themselves and lure people. But not just that, they may have more tools to bring prey to them.

Reactions: Galen
Yes, Vampires use spells to disguise themselves and lure people. But not just that, they may have more tools to bring prey to them.
BO1-Icon-Form-Disguise.png
"There are benefits to traveling beneath a human guise. The threat to my person is lessened and much information can be gleaned. However, the illusion is flimsy, and any act of aggression on my part can break the spell."―Kain —

As already mentioned Zorin is a very old vampire so the way it looks may be the weight of the ages exerting their toll on him, it's not clear if all old vampires will look like him though and i think it will be cool at each passing age being able to "choose" how the passing time influences our character (like with a character creation/evolution editor similar to the one at the beginning of the game but with different options and purpose)

Or it could be a sort of trasformation he has to enhance it's combat abilities (vampires are the shapeshifter masters after all)

Either way, vampires are confirmed to blend with humans no problem probably more than any other class if not the only one (shapeshifting their body or by casting illusions most likely) and that is something that is present even in their classical depictions like in Dracula. As far as we know you will be able to look as elvish/awesome as you wish to be.

As already mentioned Zorin is a very old vampire so the way it looks may be the weight of the ages exerting their toll on him, it's not clear if all old vampires will look like him though and i think it will be cool at each passing age being able to "choose" how the passing time influences our character (like with a character creation/evolution editor similar to the one at the beginning of the game but with different options and purpose)

Or it could be a sort of trasformation he has to enhance it's combat abilities (vampires are the shapeshifter masters after all)

Either way, vampires are confirmed to blend with humans no problem probably more than any other class if not the only one (shapeshifting their body or by casting illusions most likely) and that is something that is present even in their classical depictions like in Dracula. As far as we know you will be able to look as elvish/awesome as you wish to be.
I actually didn't know that your character changes physical age revolution. Like for example in fable the lost chapters aging system is how the vampires age you meant? That's interesting..well I hope if that is the case with my vampire I play as,That there would be a way for him to look just as young as when I first start playing as him. Or a system like how in fable the lost chapters you can reduce your aging through doing good deeds donating to the temples. There is also a decision opportunity area where if you are able to get the key to escape somewhere first try then you wouldn't age as much only 30-40 compared to if you fail a bunch of times..then you will be a very old hag lol..like 70-80 years.

I actually didn't know that your character changes physical age revolution. Like for example in fable the lost chapters aging system is how the vampires age you meant? That's interesting..well I hope if that is the case with my vampire I play as,That there would be a way for him to look just as young as when I first start playing as him. Or a system like how in fable the lost chapters you can reduce your aging through doing good deeds donating to the temples. There is also a decision opportunity area where if you are able to get the key to escape somewhere first try then you wouldn't age as much only 30-40 compared to if you fail a bunch of times..then you will be a very old hag lol..like 70-80 years.
No, it is not like Fable where your character age represents your level. In DHS your character ages through the ages - the time periods that mark milestones of achievement and changes to the world and marks the arrival of new content.

The age system like Elveone said is quite different and one of the things i am more interesting to know about in the future (both in regard to the effects it will have on our characters and on the game world in general)

You can gather more info about it here: https://deadhaussonata.com/ages/

For vampires we don't know yet the full exenct of their abilities but i hope we players will be able to choose how our illusion form/forms look like, however what it is already been confirmed is that they will be able to pass as human/blend with them and that they can both shapeshift and cast illusions on themself so at least a beautiful form will be available for them to take.

I thought Lord Zorin was supposed to be an Npc and not necessarily how the vampires you play as actually look like. Yes I understand that the gameplay being shown screenshots aren't final. But the recent information I've heard is that the vampires will not look like that Elvish human like being and it does upset me. I sincerely hope that's not scrapped off left down the dumpster. I really liked and prefer that this is the look for the vampires in deadhause sonata. Hopefully I have a misunderstanding or received inproper info. In my eyes deadhause sonata does not have to be so dark and gloomy. It unbalances Light and Evil honestly. I can visualize and imagine myself right now playing the game and its not sparking my heart. I don't think everyone will enjoy that anything you choose to play as is a very monstrous being. It is your game I respect that but you have to understand where I'm coming from.

Update( I showing an example of a balanced looking vampire between monstrous and human to take into consideration
Denis has said that there will be more human-like options in the character maker so make of that what you will. And for the record, i agree with you

I'll be interested to see whatever the Apoc fellas come up with. If most vampires look kind of grotesque outside of their ''disguise form'' I don't think it'll bother me at all. I do like the idea of the ''evolution system'' from Soul Reaver being introduced, so that we can pick new special traits to pass on to our descendants from the 1st Age, and on into the 2nd Age, and finally the clans that survive into the..."Live Age" I guess?
Basically the opportunity to pass down a couple of unique perks to our future clan(s) might be cool.

Passing for Human might be fine for Vampires, but I hope we'll get mind-control spells. Always like it in games where you can control your enemy and run amok behind their lines to open up new avenues of attack.

I suspect Vampires might get a Charm-like ability.
Liches seem to have a Mind Control-like spell/ability (going from the Liche's entry).
I imagine Wraiths might at some point be able to possess enemies.