Ancient
Mallius Odium
Players Playing Bloodbath Demo
Grim Scribe
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 16, 2021
Texas
Would be cool if Denis and the Gang can hook us up with unique card 'symbiosis/synthesis/fusion', like combining the effects of some cards into hybrid effects, but it would take a lot to unlock these powerful effects, and there'd have to be limitations/trade-offs for them perhaps.
Maybe it could become another situation where completing additional challenges would potentially remove some of the negative effects/trade-offs for the symbiosis/synthesis/fusion forms/abilities.

Couple of examples:
Vampire tarot fusion -- Werewolf + Werebat = 'Werepyre'
Werepyre has the savage ferocity of the werewolf form, combined with the high mobility of the werebat form. The form offers amazing combat potential, but is very highly draining to maintain for very long.
Bonuses to damage, attack speed, movement, and damage resistance, but only lasts for a short time before reverting to original vampire form and suffering from a short period of exhaustion (which can be shortened by feeding).

Liche tarot synthesis -- Acid Blast + Lightning = 'Corrosive Chain'
Corrosive Chain is highly destructive against any metal, including constructs, armor, weapons, and even traps and barricades, and works quite well against flesh as well, living or otherwise. The high potency and utility of the spell is afforded at a higher magical cost than normal spells, and can be used only seldomly or else risk magical fatigue.
High damage and afflicts metal and flesh with corrosion status effect affecting all targets within a certain proximity to each other, but costs a lot of mana.

Ghoul tarot symbiosis -- Consume Corpse + Regurgitate = 'Corpse Mortar'
A very visceral option for the combat savvy ghoul, you eat a corpse, and then forcibly eject it at an enemy, and it explodes upon them, covering them in horrid mess and impaling them with fragments of the body, any nearby enemies also take some splash damage (beware the splash zone). The process of wasting a meal makes the user quite famished, however, so hopefully you've created another meal from the one you used up.
Corpse Mortar deals high damage to a single target, and afflicts them with sickness (if they're susceptible to it), and deals minor damage to other nearby foes as well, but it drives the ghoul's hunger up sharply, risking negative status effects for the ghoul if they don't replace the meal very soon after.

Completing challenges related to the combinations could extend their effective use time or reduce the negative impact of using them. Lots of combination ideas, of course, but I won't go on and on about it here.

Last edited:
My only question is why not just make them there own cards rather than a fusion?

I think its a cool idea (like a super dope idea)..but there is so much stuff we just dont know yet and i want to know normal cards will work first

It might be a way to obtain new cards through fusion at a particular place in the game world.

eh, kind of unnecessary in my opinion. Would be cool and all, but i'm pretty sure the team has more important things to focus on. Some of the skills you mention could just be standalone abilities tbh and honestly, i'm kind of tired of hearing the word ''were'' from the community. Its as if werewolf/werebat forms weren't cool enough for us. And Btw, if the speculations about the magic system are correct (with you unlocking words or something, that you can combine to create spells) the second example you mention could very well be possible.

My only question is why not just make them there own cards rather than a fusion?

I think its a cool idea (like a super dope idea)..but there is so much stuff we just dont know yet and i want to know normal cards will work first
My examples are just to illustrate the concept. Some of them might be in the game as standalone cards, for all I know. I'm offering an idea based on a teased concept with very little material to draw conclusions from...Denis (and the Gang) might've already had this idea in mind as well months ago. They do have quite a think tank.

It might be a way to obtain new cards through fusion at a particular place in the game world.
Sacrificing two cards to obtain a newer amalgam of them? That does tickle the mind. Only problem might be if the player doesn't like the trade-off, would they be able to reverse the process and get their old card back? Food for thought.

eh, kind of unnecessary in my opinion. Would be cool and all, but i'm pretty sure the team has more important things to focus on. Some of the skills you mention could just be standalone abilities tbh and honestly, i'm kind of tired of hearing the word ''were'' from the community. Its as if werewolf/werebat forms weren't cool enough for us. And Btw, if the speculations about the magic system are correct (with you unlocking words or something, that you can combine to create spells) the second example you mention could very well be possible.

I think "the community" is often using the word "were" "jokingly"...like will there really be a wererabbit? Maybe only as an April Fools thing some day, and outside of that I rather doubt it.
I like pushing the limits of creativity, though, rather than stifling it, so if some of my little examples up there seem too much or too little, feel free to come up with something more interesting and fleshed out in their place and post 'em on World Anvil...I'm just spitballin' here, and they are merely placeholders after all. There are certainly people far more clever than me in our little group, I'm sure, and they're the ones who ought to be dropping the big ideas.

I think part of the idea of this game's 1st and 2nd Ages are so the early community can help shape the world itself. Popping into a thread that's offering a new idea just to try to shut it down seems a bit off the mark.
Thanks for stopping in to offer your opinion though, bud.