Players Playing Bloodbath Demo
Immemorial
Ageless
OG 2020
Dog Adopter
Harbinger
Mar 28, 2019
Just played a little bit of 0.1.7, here are my first impressions

The new telekinesis skill is awesome, especially the hold down version. It would be nice to have some kind of effect when the skill is cast though and the animation reuse from exsanguinate should be a little bit touched for this skill.

The enemies seem more aggressive and the animations are a lot more readable and now it actually looks like there is some force put into the attacks all of which makes the combat feel a lot better.

The stability system is also awesome and makes the world a lot more reactive. I like that the mace is now a heavier stagger-centric weapon as well but I still think it would benefit from a step forward during the swing to make it feel better. There is a little bit of a bug when an enemy recovers from a staggered condition they can move and that looks a little bit awkward.

Another bug I've encountered is that when you run completely out of mana the mana regen seems to disappear.

I also like that the step forward during the normal attack animation is now better synchronized with the movement forward.

Oh, another thing - the performance has improved a lot for me with the new patch.

Reactions: Denis Dyack
The new telekinesis skill is awesome, especially the hold down version. It would be nice to have some kind of effect when the skill is cast though and the animation reuse from exsanguinate should be a little bit touched for this skill.
Yes, this is planned to be added when the Minor Tarot System goes in and inspired from this:

Great feedback - thank you! :)

Another bug I've encountered is that when you run completely out of mana the mana regen seems to disappear.
I have noticed this as well. but it will start to regen magic again after you switch to essential state and gain mana back.

• Informative
- The overall performance of this patch seems less stable for me, there are more fps drops than the previous patch on my end, especially In the first 60 seconds after I open up the Combat Demo, then also later on after several waves of combat/carnage and blood all over the Combat Arena.

- The overall gameplay feels even more fun that the last patch.

- The new telekinesis skill is very fun to play around with, especially if you toss up multiple enemies in the air at the same time and then teleport between them with the left mouse button attack skill you get when you have filled some of the bloodlust meter. (it is very easy to get out of bounds though!) xP

- Being able to dent Armor before it falls off is a cool/rewarding little thing that adds to the immersion, huge fan of it.

- The bots/enemies definitely feel more aggressive, it also helps that they spawn faster which gives a better flow in the gameplay.

- The "staggering system" feels rewarding and fun.

- The Mace attack still feels " Lacklustre ? " most of the time It feels like a waste of time to weave in with your sword combo attack, also is it just me or was the attack combo altered? I could swear it felt/looks different in the last patch.

- I just tested it and you're 3 Health Orbs ( Health, Mana and Essence ) still deplete while you are alt tapped.

- During the Bat Form reveal "event" the gameplay is still " Active " ( you can run around and swing you're sword/mace if you so desire ) which of cause also results in the Bloodlust Meter running out/down while being unable to anything about it, I just though I would mention this since I never really saw anyone else comment on it. ( This have always worked this way through out all the patches )
- Edit: it's possible to " Die " during the event, you're health keeps getting drained while you watch the Bat Form enter the Arena.

- Discovered a bug: While watching any Video in the Combat Demo I cannot see the cursor/mouse which makes exiting those video's a lot harder than it needs to be. ( After closing the game and opening it again I can now see the cursor... I have no idea how or why it disappeared before but it did ) So I would Like to Report a cursor disappearing bug.
- Edit: after having play for around 1 hour and exiting a play session I tried to open an Audio play and I yet again cannot see my cursor, so I was able to re-create the bug. I have now been able to re-create this 2 times.

- Discovered a bug: If you activate the Telekinesis Ability with very low health and get attacked and lose all primary health ( The Red Orb ) before the enemies you caught with the skill would be thrown up in the air, then you get stuck mid animation and can no longer move after the game drop you over to the other health option/realm.

- I was also able to Re-Create the lack of " Mana Regen " Bug.

- There are still no " True Death " when all 3 orbs hit 0% health.

- There are still no footprints in blood pools.

- There are still no Rupies in any of the pots.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Suggestions:

1: With the out of bounds being very easy to achieve right now I would like to suggest that you guys add a " Restart " option in the Menu, instead of us having to exit and then re-open the demo.

2: The ability to alter the volume levels of the chanting we activate with Bloodlust in a Options Menu while the game is paused. ( Some people would want it higher than it is now, other would rather play without it and some would think this level is just right ) therefor I suggest the players themselves being able to alter the Sound Levels for a more personal customisation.

3: Being able to listen to the video's/radio play while playing around in the Combat Demo.

4: Can we get a Voice Chat Channel on the Deadhaus Discord for Testing the Demo Combat Room?

Last edited:
  • Magus - Great Design Input
1: With the out of bounds being very easy to achieve right now I would like to suggest that you guys add a " Restart " option in the Menu, instead of us having to exit and then re-open the demo.
Thanks for the feedback.

This is a bug, we thought we got all the instances but looks like we missed some.

Reactions: Temuldjin
Thanks for the feedback.

This is a bug, we thought we got all the instances but looks like we missed some.
So far I have only been able to get Out of Bounds do to a combination of the Telekinesis ability ( Fully Charged ) on alive enemies and then teleporting to them with teleportation attack you get access to when you have filled up some of the Bloodlust Meter. ( the left mouse button teleportation attack )

Attachments

• Out of bounds Teleportation 1.jpg
    Out of bounds Teleportation 1.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
  • Winner
So far I have only been able to get Out of Bounds do to a combination of the Telekinesis ability on alive enemies and then teleporting to them with teleportation attack you get access to when you have filled up some of the Bloodlust Meter. ( the left mouse button teleportation attack )
Oh, lol, this is kind of awesome. Ok, this is a different issue. We will think on this!

Oh, lol, this is kind of awesome. Ok, this is a different issue. We will think on this!
Figure out how you guys made this so you can re-create it.

This could be such a fun feature / ability / Tarot Card on the Vampire or Revenant. ( Being able to Teleport to an enemy you have knocked up in the air and then proceed to pummel them mid air )

If you guys think it's fun to teleport between enemies in the ground and hitting them 1 or 2 times then teleporting to another target you have another thing coming when you do it to enemies you have launched up in the air with your Telekinesis attack!!!!

One thing I noticed about the teleport, is that sometimes Zorin gets a bit confused if there are two enemies equal (short) distance from him both in front of and behind him, he just does the teleport attack over and over.

• Agree
Sitting down to play 1.7. It feels so nice to see new things.
Im still noticing a stuttering issue at the start up, (i have a 2070Super) but it seems to go away after the first couple minutes. There are a few instances of frame drop here and there.

- Blood pools seem to be popping in and it would be nice to seem the flow from the downed enemies. Still no blood foot prints.

- As others have stated there seems to be a small bug that sometimes when the magic meter completely depletes it stops regen. resulting in well, not being able to do anything but the basic mist dodge. Getting hit and sent to Essential seems to resolve this
- Ive also come across an issue that after being knocked into magical I get stuck there. Draining from the enemies fills magic and health but im unable to go back..and in this state getting knocked into essential locks up the game. I have a couple videos showing this.
- Enemies being raised into the air and thrown can result in them being thrown behind the bar...and sometimes they manage to get back into the arena.

• Useful
Sitting down to play 1.7. It feels so nice to see new things.
Im still noticing a stuttering issue at the start up, (i have a 2070Super) but it seems to go away after the first couple minutes. There are a few instances of frame drop here and there.
I experienced the exact same thing on all 3 Startups I did.

- Enemies being raised into the air and thrown can result in them being thrown behind the bar...and sometimes they manage to get back into the arena.
I have also been able to knock enemies outside of the arena. ( I solved this by draining them to death with Exsanguinate )

- During the Bat Form reveal "event" the gameplay is still " Active " ( you can run around and swing you're sword/mace if you so desire ) which of cause also results in the Bloodlust Meter running out/down while being unable to anything about it, I just though I would mention this since I never really saw anyone else comment on it. ( This have always worked this way through out all the patches )
- Edit: it's possible to " Die " during the event, you're health keeps getting drained while you watch the Bat Form enter the Arena.
Here is a few Screenshot of it.

Attachments

• Dying During the Bat Form Reveal Event.jpg
    Dying During the Bat Form Reveal Event.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Dying During the Bat Form Reveal Event 2.jpg
    Dying During the Bat Form Reveal Event 2.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 7
  • Dying During the Bat Form Reveal Event 3.jpg
    Dying During the Bat Form Reveal Event 3.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Useful
don't remember seeing this posted since the last update, The dodge / dash works properly when not locked on. but when you lock on to a target it will only dash towards them.

don't remember seeing this posted since the last update, The dodge / dash works properly when not locked on. but when you lock on to a target it will only dash towards them.
Someone else have talked about this, I can't remember who it was, it might have been Mike/Koldin yesterday on the stream or maybe Jaina?

A few more things I've noticed before I forget.
When you launch the meat bags into the air and follow it up by a exsanguinate they will die. (i was practicing my memento mori kill)

Playing around with the target lock on quite a bit and it seems that it is the main cause of getting frozen in place. though i have gotten out of it a few times when the guy I am targeting starts to attack me and I spam the dodge key - has worked like 3 times out of 10 lock ups

exiting the battle ground and restarting still gives the audio bug where it still plays the ambient / music sounds from the previous game start. need to close game completely and restart.

• Useful
One thing I noticed about the teleport, is that sometimes Zorin gets a bit confused if there are two enemies equal (short) distance from him both in front of and behind him, he just does the teleport attack over and over.
I can confirm this happens as well, just experience this teleportation shenanigans and it was more frustration than anything close to useful.