mikzzzan

Ripe
1st_Age
Players Playing Bloodbath Demo
Harbinger
May 21, 2022
So i have been looking at some of the DEV streams, and i've noticed how the draining of: Blood, Magic and Essance are the same but with diffirent colors right now.
I was thinking about Essance and the wandering skeletons in that state.
I tought it would be a cool idea instead of just draining them like you would with the bloodstream animation, That maybe they could break down,
And get absorbed into your being? i think that would be a really cool nostalgia throwback and a great visual aswell

Absor.gif
[[Pictures are all taken from Developer streams]]

• Agree
Reactions: Temuldjin
I agree, It's a really good idea.

It would look so cool if the skelly crumpled in to dust and was absorbed, that would be a much more powerful visual experience that would fit better with you destroying a soul to regain regenerate your own, instead of it just being drained and then just falling over.

Reactions: mikzzzan
That is the concept we were going for, it just hasn't been implemented yet. Good suggestion. :)
Interesting, any chance for a bean and more details? :D

Nothing beyond @mikzzzan's suggestion. The concept is for the Vampire, in its spectral form, to absorb the Lost Souls' very being and disintegrate them. We called it Syphoning. As always, things are subject to change, but this was the idea. What we currently have was a quicker implementation, to have the feature in first, and later work on it further as necessary.

Nothing beyond @mikzzzan's suggestion. The concept is for the Vampire, in its spectral form, to absorb the Lost Souls' very being and disintegrate them. We called it Syphoning. As always, things are subject to change, but this was the idea. What we currently have was a quicker implementation, to have the feature in first, and later work on it further as necessary.
Very informative, thanks for the quick reply :)