Happy New Year Everyone! As we jump into the new decade, we wanted to bring up some significant changes and updates that are happening to the world of Deadhaus Sonata, Founders Packages and the Community.
Weekly Video Updates and Live Streams
From this point onward we will be releasing weekly videos on YouTube and weekly live streams on Twitch. Our first video of the new year is premiering on January 9th at 6 p.m. EST

View this post on Instagram

Join Director Denis Dyack on January 9 as he reveals how Deadhaus Sonata is a Spiritual Successor to Legacy of Kain #LoK #BloodOmen #Deadhaus #FightTheLiving #ARPG https://youtu.be/4HlLdHXvcak
A post shared by...

Continue reading...

Ahh, those are great news!

Having all armors and items equippable by every class was a great move. That makes them all the more rewarding, and allow people to showcase their "support level" no matter which character they pick.

But there's one thing I did not like that much. Not that it is something significant, though.
"Bones" was much better than "Platinum" because that's precisely what made it a special currency. Gold, silver, bronze coins, Diamonds and Platinum are all common game currencies.

Auric Cells are something unique to Dead by Daylight, and they are immediately recognizable as being so, as they tie in with the lore (and they are explicitly described as being a premium currency in-game). Other games have their own premium currency.
Deadhaus had Bones. That was perfect, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm excited about the concept of the Ages... And I also thought interesting that you reserved the first two Ages for the Alpha and Beta phases of the game. I'll have to add some questions to the Discord channel (and for the upcoming Q&A session tomorrow) about this.

EDIT: Following our discussion on Discord, I suggest changing Bones to something, an element, that is shared across all houses of the Deadhaus universe. I couldn't tell because there is not much lore to base on right now... but perhaps something to do with the Old Ones? ("Old Ones' Thoughts"... I'll just leave it at that.)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Denis Dyack
Ahh, those are great news!

Having all armors and items equippable by every class was a great move. That makes them all the more rewarding, and allow people to showcase their "support level" no matter which character they pick.

But there's one thing I did not like that much. Not that it is something significant, though.
"Bones" was much better than "Platinum" because that's precisely what made it a special currency. Gold, silver, bronze coins, Diamonds and Platinum are all common game currencies.

Auric Cells are something unique to Dead by Daylight, and they are immediately recognizable as being so, as they tie in with the lore (and they are explicitly described as being a premium currency in-game). Other games have their own premium currency.
Deadhaus had Bones. That was perfect, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm excited about the concept of the Ages... And I also thought interesting that you reserved the first two Ages for the Alpha and Beta phases of the game. I'll have to add some questions to the Discord channel (and for the upcoming Q&A session tomorrow) about this.

EDIT: Following our discussion on Discord, I suggest changing Bones to something, an element, that is shared across all houses of the Deadhaus universe. I couldn't tell because there is not much lore to base on right now... but perhaps something to do with the Old Ones? ("Old Ones' Thoughts"... I'll just leave it at that.)

Thank you @Golden Xan for the feedback. It is very welcome and thoughtful as always. We are very happy you like the changes overall.

The "Bones" issues, in particular, was a long and difficult discussion. We moved to it for the following reasons:
  • Bones only works well contextually with Deadhaus (The House of the Dead). Once we start to introduce other houses like Gigahaus (House of the Giants), bones will not be as contextually appropriate
  • We are introducing a great deal of new concepts to the game and we have been advised by friends in the games industry that some of them are conceptually overwhelming and many gamers may not understand so keeping things simple (although not as creative) may be the best approach for the store - when making purchase - certainly and confidence is a big factor.
We discussed things like Old Ones, Eldersigns, Sigils as possible currencies and are open to these. Furthermore, as I discussed in discord Hedrons are possibly the one thing all Houses in Deadhaus Sonata will have in common with each other.

We are open to changing Platinium and I think we should open it to the community. So if anyone has ideas for naming the currency please suggest away and we will work with everyone to come to the best result. :)

Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: Golden Xan
I'm not sure what Hedrons are supposed to be, but if the Hedrons are indeed something all Houses share, it might be the way to go. Unless it's not something that cannot be collected, such as a structure or something of the sort.

"Hedron" sounds like something different, esoteric, and I believe that's quite what you might need. :)
I'm curious to see any other suggestions, though. I can't think of any, as I don't know much about the lore.

I'm not sure what Hedrons are supposed to be, but if the Hedrons are indeed something all Houses share, it might be the way to go. Unless it's not something that cannot be collected, such as a structure or something of the sort.

"Hedron" sounds like something different, esoteric, and I believe that's quite what you might need. :)
I'm curious to see any other suggestions, though. I can't think of any, as I don't know much about the lore.

Hedron is a short form for Octahedron. Yes, we will try to roll out more lore in the future.

• Informative
Reactions: Golden Xan
Not sure if this is what you meant to begin with, so apologies if this comes off as patronizing but here goes.

Let the currency be dice, 9 sided dice to be exact; and have each side of those dice contain a different symbol for each house. The dice could be black with the white light shining through to match up with the portal graphic or each side could bear the colors of their house if that will be a thing. Also, a synonym for dice is bones so you could keep the name.

Not sure if this is what you meant to begin with, so apologies if this comes off as patronizing but here goes.

Let the currency be dice, 9 sided dice to be exact; and have each side of those dice contain a different symbol for each house. The dice could be black with the white light shining through to match up with the portal graphic or each side could bear the colors of their house if that will be a thing. Also, a synonym for dice is bones so you could keep the name.

I was intentionally not specific as I don't want to spoil anything but 9 sided dice (with equal odds is impossible). However, you are very close, think of an 8 sided dice and you are almost there! :)

[edit] and you did not come off as patronizing in the least bit - no worries

Reactions: Livin
I was intentionally not specific as I don't want to spoil anything but 9 sided dice (with equal odds is impossible). However, you are very close, think of an 8 sided dice and you are almost there! :)

[edit] and you did not come off as patronizing in the least bit - no worries

My thinking was that they'd be the god's dice and, as shown in the lore that's been shared, they don't necessarily play fair. Plus I figured deadhaus' presence could be seen as throwing off the balance of the world, so it also does to the dice.

Still stoked I was on the right track.

What time is this game taking place? I know I haven't been here as much as I should but I need a time frame of the game please. I may be able to help with the currency issue. Again I'm very excited about this game!!!!