I've been curious about whether they'd be in Feyhaus. If they did it'd be neat if the goblin evolved with your advancement on the skill tree and created pathways to potentially become: warrior hobgoblins, redcap assassins, strategic kobolds, savage kol'ksu, and magical tengu.
Sort of like the Vampire in Deadhaus? Jack of all trades, master of none, but can choose to specialize in one area a bit more than the other areas.

Reactions: Livin
Sort of like the Vampire in Deadhaus? Jack of all trades, master of none, but can choose to specialize in one area a bit more than the other areas.
Basically, though it doesn't need to be capable of all those variations.

I'd rather wait and see what kind of Houses they will reveal yet, as all of them promise to be unique in some way.

We know only of two Houses so far: Deadhaus and Gigahaus. We don't know exactly how Gigahaus will work yet, but we know that they will essentially be different due to their size. So Deadhaus does not die easily, Gigahaus is much larger than other Houses.

I think i'm in the opposite camp I would like to throw ideas out there, and you even posted a whole thread on Gigahaus speculation based off of what information we had. Everyone who added something or made suggestions had fun with it and helped build upon what we know. With that information I would think even if we are off the mark for some of the things (the trianary system for instance), the devs HAVE looked at it and taken some of it into consideration.

by throwing other ideas out there like this haus or the goblinhaus idea i'm sure it will help them see what we as the community are interested in and what we would like to see. With future information we can adapt these changes, incorprate and improve on what we do know.

Yes, most certainly. I actually encourage people to share their ideas. It is good to have this discussion and think tank. All I meant was to say that I, personally, don't have any great suggestions to add because I feel restrained, not knowing what else will come up next with the Houses already planned.

But nothing prevents us from speculating further. Or proposing our own ideas.

I think i'm in the opposite camp I would like to throw ideas out there, and you even posted a whole thread on Gigahaus speculation based off of what information we had. Everyone who added something or made suggestions had fun with it and helped build upon what we know. With that information I would think even if we are off the mark for some of the things (the trianary system for instance), the devs HAVE looked at it and taken some of it into consideration.

by throwing other ideas out there like this haus or the goblinhaus idea i'm sure it will help them see what we as the community are interested in and what we would like to see. With future information we can adapt these changes, incorprate and improve on what we do know.
I have to agree with you on that. I love reckless speculation and theory crafting on what we can potentially see or would like to see. I'm sure the devs already have ideas for most of what we suggest but our unique perspective, even if not always the greatest or well thought out could be somewhat beneficial.

Each House has a theme. Deadhaus has the undead theme, Gigahaus has the giant theme. I think you guys could make a list of themes, give them a temporary name, and then make a poll to vote on which theme is the most interesting to work with. Then slowly build the ninth House with everyone's suggestion.

If I may, I will suggest a few different themes that I think the currently known Houses may not cover:

Small things - Nanohaus
Draconical - Dracohaus
Plurality - Multihaus
Dimension - Planehaus
Emotion - Motushaus
Energy - Energyhaus
Spirit - Spectralhaus
Horror - Fearhaus
Chaos - Pandemoniunhaus
Equilibrium - Mirrorhaus
Thought - Cognushaus
EDIT: Science - Scientiahaus

You can go on and on. There are arguments against everything, as some themes may be covered entirely or partially by individual Houses, but after you have something concrete to work with, it gets easier to speculate and develop. I've tried to stay away from races, specifically, because I don't know how that is handled in DHS yet. In Deadhaus, each class is a race itself. In Gigahaus, we don't know, but I assume it will be the same. So I'm not picking a race as a theme. Dracohaus was just a topic for inspiration, but there are lots of dragon variants that you can have as races, such as basilisks, drakes, wyrms, wyverns, and other fantastical creatures already used in fiction. I don't know much lore about goblins, but if Kobolds, Hobgoblins, Tengu, etc. are all variants of goblins, they might work as a theme because, essentially, they could work as individual classes or, as mentioned, eventual transformations.

What do you think, @Varik Keldun? Would you like to make polls and work on potential themes?

Last edited:
Now, if something like this is not possible for whatever reason, then the only thing left to vary on is theme. And as I said, our ideas may very well be covered by one House or multiple Houses already. The only things I have not seen mentioned yet are dragons. Dracohaus, for instance. I'd love to see playable dragons in the game, but they need not be a faction for that... Which is why I'm waiting more before making further suggestions in this regard.

But yeah, that would be my two cents. Creating a House that plays almost on a different genre. And if I could pick one, that would probably be strategy.

EDIT: Added Dreamhaus to the list.

A house of dragons was mentioned in a previous interview (time 32:35), of course the game is still in developement and we may not see all the ideas they have to be put in execution but we can hope (yup, i'm a dragon fan too)

here is the interview i'm talking about:

Last edited:
What do you think, @Varik Keldun? Would you like to make polls and work on potential themes?

i think it would be better to try to get an idea of what a house would be give a few examples then take a poll on whether or not to pursue said haus based on the ideas presented.

we jested a few streams back on the idea of Pancakehaus... with waffle and so on and so forth... if we just throw out a name - yes it may spark interest... but I think it would be better to present a little more fleshed out idea... like when you did the Gigahaus stuff (yes we already know its a Haus) but you threw out ideas that made sense and adjusted some of those ideas.

I threw out this beasthaus / druidhaus whatever it would finally be called and there is some interest, but the idea at least had more than just a name. It does have some lore appropriate concepts, and it does have a theme...

maybe it could be something for the founderpack people to decide on later... after some more concept Hauses have been established to take a vote on.

Reactions: Golden Xan
A nanohaus sounds fun! I m not sure what creatures it could include but with the change of perception to a nanolevel it would be fun just to roam around!

for the Haus - to get around the focus of it being humans who are druids, because humans are on the decline and struggling to survive. These humans fled their cities and homes for promised protection for devotion. i would like to reference "Shadows Over Innsmouth" could be more along that line where they are not quite human anymore but transforming into something different. they sold their souls to said old one(s) in return they began the transformation.

Neonomicon4Wrap.jpg

Reactions: Temuldjin and Livin
A nanohaus sounds fun! I m not sure what creatures it could include but with the change of perception to a nanolevel it would be fun just to roam around!
a few of the smaller races in D&D at least would be....
Brownies, Pixies, Fairies, Sprites, Imp
the tallest of these races stand maybe just over a foot tall and those being the Imp / brownie...
Pixies fairies and sprites are all silightly different than each other.

This is really out there but the conversation over beasthaus has made me think of something I think could be awesome. The premise of beasthaus is that its human being twisted into powerful forms by the gods they worship. The premise of deadhaus is that they are humans that have come back from the dead as something more. As both revolve around humans changing I'm wondering, what if these houses could overlap and a player's character belong to both.

I'll use wolfman as an example. You start off human, as you worship you become a wolfman and once you max that out or maybe some time before that you get the opportunity to become a Revenant and all the powers that comes from it, a Revenant Wolfman hybrid. This could work in the reverse as well, with a Revenant pledging their worship to the god and gaining the Wolfman.

This is really out there but the conversation over beasthaus has made me think of something I think could be awesome. The premise of beasthaus is that its human being twisted into powerful forms by the gods they worship. The premise of deadhaus is that they are humans that have come back from the dead as something more. As both revolve around humans changing I'm wondering, what if these houses could overlap and a player's character belong to both.

I'll use wolfman as an example. You start off human, as you worship you become a wolfman and once you max that out or maybe some time before that you get the opportunity to become a Revenant and all the powers that comes from it, a Revenant Wolfman hybrid. This could work in the reverse as well, with a Revenant pledging their worship to the god and gaining the Wolfman.
seems like it could be an interesting concept. but one that prob won't get implemented for a long while. also i don't think any house will start off as human - they are supposed to be the fodder of the game.. on the brink of destruction, barely scraping by. this is why i posted the one about "shadows over innsmouth" they are no longer human when they start the game as a character in that haus.

Reactions: Livin
seems like it could be an interesting concept. but one that prob won't get implemented for a long while. also i don't think any house will start off as human - they are supposed to be the fodder of the game.. on the brink of destruction, barely scraping by. this is why i posted the one about "shadows over innsmouth" they are no longer human when they start the game as a character in that haus.
Understood, didn't get whether they started off looking human and slowly transitioning as they leveled or started off transformed. Still think it'd be a neat way to further progress a character after taking them as far as possible.

Alright, I'll try and help by making suggestions or examples for the concepts I mentioned.

Nanohaus: Instead of mixing the concepts of creatures that may be more fitting for other houses (though I did like the suggestions, guys), let's try and think of something unique to all of them. Nano doesn't mean necessarily in the nano scale, it can mean just small, but it could also mean smaller than the naked eye can see, such as a microbial life form. A being that infect and then take possession of others, transforming them rapidly into other forms of its own benefit. Or, for something that isn't that small, a gremlin-like monster that spawns and controls other creatures of its kind to overwhelm enemies over time, like a multitude of rats piling up on people.

Dracohaus: This one is somewhat self-explanatory. Let's say that dragon-related beings have some form of elder power within them. Different beings could have different levels of draconic power within them. They might have began as mutations from other creatures that already exist, or they could have been born from manifestations of something else. In either case, the examples I gave before are useful on this one: Wyverns, Drakes, full-fledged Dragons, Wyrms, serpent-like dragons, dragonflies, or even human-dragon hybrids.

Multihaus: Beings of any kind that either share multiple bodies or can multiply themselves to execute a variety of actions. Things that split their bodies or clone themselves. It could be through absorption of organic matter, like a Zerg from StarCraft, or esoterically, in some magickal way. Or you could have beings that share the same body, similar to the hindu god Agni. You could even include beings from entirely different species that share some symbiotic relationship, such as the living body of a mindless troll with an insect-like parasite attached to its brain, outside its head, controlling his motor functions. You could say that the parasite itself is the theme of the House, with it controlling and altering a variety of different creatures as each individual class.

Planehaus: Taking inspiration from the powers of Kain, Melchiah and Raziel in both Blood Omen and Soul Reaver, let's imagine that there is a spiritual being that can switch between many parallel universes. Its capacity to separate its own constitutional elements (and that of others) is what distinguishes it the most. This spiritual being can create portals to travel to separate worlds, all within an instant, and transport himself in the material world or change his state of being. It can split a being's soul from its body and transport it somewhere else, or corrupt someone's mind by travelling to the dimension where their mind lives in and influencing it.

Motushaus: We could somewhat make associations between certain characters in Deadhaus with this one. Revenants are born again from hate. Banshees are known for being wronged and forever wailing. Many myths have embodiments of emotions and other facets of the world. There could be specific characters to introduce here for major emotions. Each class could be the embodiment of one emotion. The embodiment of sadness could be a being that seeks proximity, yet kills whatever it touches (by being made of lava, or chaotic energy). The embodiment of pain could be a being that mutilates its own body to use it as a weapon, only to quickly regrow it once more in an even more painful process. The embodiment of love could be a corrupted idea of what we consider love... it could be a monster that spawns other monsters, and its own love is towards itself (rather than its progeny), using them as ammunition to destroy what opposes it. I thought of Shub-Niggurath for this one.

Energyhaus: There are many forms of energy. Each class could be a being that manifest characteristics from some kind of energy, and they should be the most varied and wild ones. Gravitational, Sound, Motion, Chemical, Nuclear, Radiant, Elastic. It takes creativity to make beings that represent and live off of those different energy types, or to create special and new energy forms as well, but the laws of nature have always been used as inspiration for characters throughout history.

Spectralhaus: Beings that are permanently in the ethereal state. As they are ethereal, it is easy for them to take many forms, without the same restrictions as material creatures. The first images that come to mind are beings with radiant wings of light shaped like tentacles, piercing gazes with eyes full of void, and perceived superior understanding of the material existence through an imposing sentient presence. The closest thing I can think of is an alien species that projects itself through the cosmos. I can't delve deeper than that, however.

Fearhaus: Creatures straight from human's nightmares. Fear manifested in reality. From Death in its judgmental reaper form to Planet Devourers. Macabre transfigurations of known dangerous creatures into more powerful and threatening versions of themselves. Faceless things that take your identity. Humanoid cockroaches. You name it.

Pandemoniunhaus: I decided to refrain from making suggestions on this one because I envision it somewhat similar to what Xenohaus or Divinihouse could be like. I have no particularly interesting suggestion for the theme of Chaos. I mostly imagined it as beings of hell.

Mirrorhaus: This could rather be more inspired in polarity than equilibrium. The differentiation of this House is that all classes have two opposing forms that they can freely shift between. The hybrid class is the only one that is constantly using both of its opposing natures at the same time, and therefore has only one form. Despite the name, they need not be visually split this way.

Cognushaus: I decided to refrain from making suggestions on this one because I envision it somewhat similar to what Dreamhaus could be like. I have no particularly interesting suggestion for the theme of Thought.

Scientiahaus: The only faction that is actually focused on technology. Instead of sheer power, they have their wits to make devices of a much more advanced technological level. Using the powers of the material realm to the extreme, these are beings that create mechanical suits, weapons and vehicles to fight the monsters they meet. The one caveat I have is that, unless properly designed, they can more easily break the fantasy immersion.

If I had to personally pick one from what we already discussed in this thread, I'd actually likely pick Chimerahaus/Beasthaus. Although I suggested these themes, it was mostly to try and spark different ideas. I think the mix of animals and humans is somewhat standard (so many other games and stories have done similar things), yet they are a proven concept.

I still think the community should take the opportunity to make something really different, an entire new theme, or an entire new play style. But between the ideas I've superficially introduced and the ones already discussed, I think Chimerahaus is versatile and encompassing.

... I'm here thinking, and perhaps instead of having multiple themes to choose from, we could mix up a range of themes in one House with a differentiated concept.
For instance, we don't know what sort of classes Gigahaus will entail, but if they are somewhat similar to what I speculated, the only thing that ties the classes of Gigahaus together would be the fact that they are gigantic in nature.
Perhaps something similar can be done for the community-created House. For instance, we could establish a differentiated play style, and have each class have its own theme, yet be tied together by the fact that they play in that same style.

I believe this would be a genuinely good use of this opportunity.

I still think the community should take the opportunity to make something really different, an entire new theme, or an entire new play style.

I believe this would be a genuinely good use of this opportunity.
I totally agree with this - I too would like to see more ideas thrown out there.

This concept probably won't be that popular but hopefully it might inspire something that will.

Cursed/Possessionhaus: Sentient objects that seize control of those who own them, empowering those they control and using them up before moving on to another.

Possible objects include:
Mirrors
Dolls
Clothing/Jewelry
Paintings
Totems
Weapons
Books

Last edited:
Reactions: Golden Xan
Maybe this is a silly question seeing as the name of the game itself is Deadhaus, but I am assuming that we the players are only able to play as the undead. So we are restricted to one house. *puts on tinfoil hat* What if each house was its own game with the races/creatures and their own story and game mechanics unique to that house. AM I THINKING TOO BIG.

It is interesting to me how much detail and thought will have to be put into 9 different houses all with 7 or more sub-classes, but we aren't allowed to play as them? Not saying I'd defect because the whole POINT of the game is "fight the living." Ok hear me out. Each of the 9 houses must have their own goal right? The level of detail for that will be insane, and that's a shitton of NPCs to design. So why not have fewer NPCs and have 9 different "games" that are all technically parts of one giant game all playing together would this even be possible.

Orrrr I am way off-base here and the other houses are not set up exactly like Deadhaus is? I've been trying to absorb as much of the lore and info as I can but I know I've still got lots of gaps in my knowledge about... let's face it everything. Maybe the other houses are designed with the intent to be NPCs and I sound like a lunatic right now.

All other houses will be playable. :)

They'll each have their own classes to choose from. One house that is definitely coming is the house of giants. You can look up Gigahaus in the forum and you'll find some posts of hefty discussions we had about them.

The other houses are meant to play also as third person action characters, but they are meant to be vastly different aside from that. The giants, for instance, were said to be very, very tall. From the Memento Mori video, I estimated the giant was 14 times bigger than a regular vampire.

Check
this thread out.

• Informative
Reactions: Temuldjin
Hold up, all houses will be playable?? But the game's shtick is "fight the living" right? but you can also play as the living? I think I completely missed that or just got in the narrow view of the game 100% being from the undead perspective because that's primarily what's been talked about. Still think each house should get their own sonata, which is a small ensemble, and then all 9 houses would be the symphony!! I guess it's not technically 9 separate games but I am anticipating each house to be so insanely different. But if it's Deadhaus vs. the world then it makes sense the game would be named after them.

Thank you for the explanation and link to the forum thread, I can't get to it right now (it says I don't have permission?) but maybe once the forum maintenance is done I can go check it out :)