OG 2020
Dog Adopter
Grim Scribe
Eternal Champion
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Feb 24, 2018
I have been thinking about making this thread and seeing the post from @Varik Keldun below reminded me of it.

What I DON'T want to see is more along the line of items that get dropped and are unusable / untradeable / unsellable (vendor)

say I am playing a Liche and a Unique 2 handed greatsword drops with perfect stats.... And I can't trade it with anyone for something i could use/want, because it's soulbound to my character/account.

It does get frustrating when your playing one character and all you are getting is drops for other classes that you are not playing.

Though, this example is directly from Diablo 3 - they did originally have the real money / gold auction house which flopped.
then they took that away and set the drop tables to lean more heavily towards the class you were currently playing, which later gradually opened up for the other classes so you could farm for other characters on your account or in your group.

Agreed and Yes Please!

Nothing more annoying than rare or rich gear in my inventory that might as well go into the waste bin because I can't use or trade it. If they do lock certain weapons to classes then I'd hope they'd also lock what we get to stuff we can actually use if we're not able to do anything else with it.

I can't imagine anyone who is here now is not going to roll at least 3 if not all of the character classes at some point in the game. So we will be collecting a lot of gear and some of that gear may be better for another class or even just build that they are running. So will we have some sort of chest or mechanism to pass loot, items, currency etc. to other characters we are running?

I've added your question to the Questions-in-waiting list, @Purple Gryphon. I hope you don't mind, it's a good question to ask Denis when the time is right. :)

I've added your question to the Questions-in-waiting list, @Purple Gryphon. I hope you don't mind, it's a good question to ask Denis when the time is right. :)
The question should be an overall item transference questions - what will, and what will not be tradeable?
between characters on your account.
"this item would be great on my other character!"

people you party with.
"My revenant does not need this puny stick.... but my liche friend here could use it."

people you meet later on.
"I found an amulet but i never plan on using it, but it has great stats and someone else could really use it, maybe i can trade it later for something i want"