Dog Adopter
Grim Scribe
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Jul 1, 2020
+1
We have been told at least a handful of times already that the celestial movements will be important, there has been talk about full moon, day and night cycles, other planets and the effect they will have, what we have never heard talk about would be solar eclipses, so here I am hoping to get ball rolling here, or at the very least float the idea I had earlier today during my morning walk.

What if during solar eclipses there would be a mini event starting: There could be a buff for anyone online and playing at that time, a debuff for enemies, increased chance for loot drops, items dropped during solar eclipses ( or from enemies spawned during a solar eclipse ) would have increased or altered stats and unique skins?
If you really want to go " all out " there could be mini rifts spawning during solar eclipses where unique enemies would come out from, for example demons/devils ( this could be a way to explain the rare/unique skins the loot would have that would be dropping, not as much " rare " as in the quality/grade of the items, but rare as in scarcity, if it truly can only drop during solar eclipses then they will truly be rare and coveted items.

if the plan for the game is to make the game have moments that will truly be memorable, memories that will last a lifetime this could be one of those... At least it would be for me, if I encountered such an event ( I don't think I have ever seen or heard anything like it )

i'm sure with the fact that they plan on doing special events for things like bloodmoons and what not already that were said to have special things behind them. that eclipses would fall under that blanket as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Temuldjin
i'm sure with the fact that they plan on doing special events for things like bloodmoons and what not already that were said to have special things behind them. that eclipses would fall under that blanket as well.
I expected as much, it's just unlike full moons and bloodmoons that have been discussed solar eclipses just never was, so I though, why not mention it/get a discussion going on the topic :)