Initially, the humans were not considered to be a House. That may have changed, given the last two entries added on the Necroliberatas (I may make a post about that another time). The humans were just humans, cannon fodder. While we didn't know all the houses planned, I was able to compile a list of things developers had mentioned that made up to 8 houses, I believe, but I'm fairly certain they've scrapped most of their ideas.

From the Necroliberatas, we can infer that, lore-wise, Deadhaus, humans, Angels and Demons each have their own house, but game-wise, some of these creatures may not have their own faction, or be a part of the same faction. We'll have to wait and see.

You can read the Gigahaus Speculation thread with this new link.

My research has kinda been going off the rails lately. I'm going to post all of my brain thoughts and hopefully something will make sense. I stumbled upon Norse mythology during my Lovecraftian reading, because of the possibility that Jotun are implied in the Memento Mori video. I am not sure if this has been speculated about before, so apologies if it has already been discussed. In Norse Mythology there are 9 realms of existence. I thought it was just a coincidence that there are also 9 houses but hear me out. The houses might be territory rather than races.

Nilfheim- The realm of fog and mist, containing a giant spring protected by the dragon Níðhöggr. It's the realm where all the living come from and the spring is the source of the Elven rivers and the tree Yggdrasil's roots feed from the water there.

Muspelheim - the land of fire, home to demons, although it also has fire giants so maybe there is crossover or the mythology changed to better fit the world of Deadhaus. The god here (Surtr) wants to invade Asgard of course, and turn it into an inferno.

Asgard - This one is of course the realm of the gods.

Midgard - middle earth, or the realm of humans. Below Asgard. If all the realms have crossover or are warring that could explain why the game takes place here.

Jotunheim - Home of the giants. There is a fortress here called Utgard that is so high you can't see the top, the Jotun king lives inside.

Vanaheim - Home of Vanir, the old gods, masters of sorcery and magic. They have the ability to predict the future.

Alfheim - Home of the elves, and next to Asgard. They are also called guardian angels and are considered minor gods of things like fertility and nature.

Svartalfheim - home of the dwarves. They live underground because of course they do. They craft weapons like Odin's spear.

Helheim - Where the dishonorable dead go, those deemed unworthy of going to Valhalla. The daughter of Loki rules and wants to basically destroy the world.

Of course there is a LOT more to it than this, but I just gleamed what I thought might fit into Deadhaus Sonata. Is Deadhaus itself supposed to be Helheim? We've speculated about giants, angels and demons. Some of those speculations are absolutely awe-inspiring (looking at you Elveone). This list leaves out a lot of cool ideas that I've read here, however, so I'm not even sure if I'm sold on the idea myself. I'd still like to see things like beasthaus but perhaps some inspiration was taken from Norse mythology as well as Lovecraft. Although the game leans heavily towards Lovecraft obviously. I wouldn't want too much Norse in here honestly, as I am hoping for some dark and gritty gameplay and the Norse gods get a bit lofty and convoluted for my tastes. But the way the realms are set up and intertwined might be reflected in Deadhaus.

All of this came from trying to find out what a Jotun is. I may be slightly off-course!

"All of this came from trying to find out what a Jotun is. I may be slightly off-course!"
Y'know you could have just asked Sailor Midgard what a Jotun was.... Just sayin :D

• Funny
Reactions: shinybri
"I'd still like to see things like beasthaus but perhaps some inspiration was taken from Norse mythology as well as Lovecraft. Although the game leans heavily towards Lovecraft obviously. I wouldn't want too much Norse in here honestly, as I am hoping for some dark and gritty gameplay and the Norse gods get a bit lofty and convoluted for my tastes. But the way the realms are set up and intertwined might be reflected in Deadhaus."

the idea behind Beasthaus was to toss out some other ideas and get peoples minds churning.
but basically they would be human defectors - who turned to "old gods" and in turn became twisted human/beast hybrids - i should go back through and revamp everything about this haus - wether or not it is put in the game - i still love the idea of it and already have plans for using it in a D&D campaign :D

Reactions: shinybri
That is going to be one awesome campaign!

Reactions: Livin
I had an idea for night and day mafia Not the first one to think of a similar concept where there would be two groups of town One that discussed/lynched during the day and sent in actions at night and one that discussed/lynched during the night and sent in actions during the day and two groups of mafia One that sent in actions during the night and one that sent in actions during the day where the mafia worked together but only knew who the members in their group were but the complexity and size needs for that game to be balanced have made me table the idea for quite a while. Minimally it would need at least 14 players in a dual C9 set up to work and in actuality, I think 18 is a better minimum as extra power might need to be given to the mafia to balance out for them not all knowing each other.

Beasthaus. full of human / beast hybrids.

classes could be things like....
Minotaurs (yes i know its an idea for Gigahaus but it would fit here too)
Ratmen
Gnolls (jackel/human hybrids)
Goatmen (kinda like diablo 3 guys)
All of these creatures "types" are classified as: " Demi Humans " they are Humanoid (4 limbs, 1 head, sapient) but not humans.

Technically creatures like Satyrs, Dwarves, Elves, Goblins, Trolls, Orcs, Hobbits + a slew of other creatures also fall in to this category.

the original thought that popped into my head was the creatures that were made from experimenting with magick. kind of like Island of Dr. Moreau. which could make sense in a short run.... but would honestly not give enough to create a whole HAUS worth of people... unless it was some catacyslmic event that caused it... but then it would have to be a newer haus that wouldn't nessicarally have a well defined caste system or much order.
So a sort of " Metamorph " haus?

" I still think the community should take the opportunity to make something really different, an entire new theme, or an entire new play style. "

" Perhaps something similar can be done for the community-created House. For instance, we could establish a differentiated play style, and have each class have its own theme, yet be tied together by the fact that they play in that same style. "
Here's an idea for a Haus I haven't heard or seen anywhere:

An Aquatic based Haus.

The first easy go to classes:

Shark Creature.
Squid creature.
Lobster/Crab creature.
Jellyfish Creature.