Grim Scribe
Prophet
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Harbinger
Dec 26, 2017
Niagara, Ontario. Canada
deadhaussonata.com
Feel free to ask questions of the team here. We will do the best we can to answer the question directly here in a post or create a video about it on our YouTube channel. :)

Hi, I got some questions for you and some may be too much at this point so I'm gonna start light and silly.

How do you pronounce the game's title? is the h in Deadhaus mute or it is meant to sound like "dead house"
I'm guessing it's the latter but I was wondering this because, if I ever want to talk with someone about this game, I don't want to sound stupid and english is not my first language so the chances of that are already high :LOL:

And perhaps it's too early to ask but are you considering a game in the low, mid or high range of requirements? I know the idea is to make the game as accesible as possible but it also needs to run and look smooth, so who are you managing that at the moment?

Will the game feature single-player campaigns or is it entirely focused on multi-player?

Does Shadow of the Eternals remain as a stand alone title in hiatus or did you include some of the core ideas of that game in this one too? It easy to notice some similaties in the teaser, the logo in particular, and you did mention your previous works in the game's features. But how much of that are you pouring into this game? Is just in an aesthetical level, in a conceptual level or maybe at some point Shadow of the Eternals is going to be integrated somehow into Deadhaus Sonata, or released in the same model if this game is well received?

Those are my questions for now, thanks for the chance to ask you stuff.

• Friendly
Reactions: Denis Dyack
@Pawniuss

Question #1) Pronounced "House" around the office, and I believe in Germany it sounds the same as House. However you are free to pronounce it however you wish.

Question #2) We have no Game Requirements that we can share with you at this time. I would recommend looking up the Lumberyard Engine to get an ROUGH idea of what it might be if you are so inclined.

Question #3) It is an online multiplayer game that you could play solo, if you did not want to play with friends.

Question #4) SotE is on hold. There are characteristics in Deadhaus that come from Denis' past titles such as Too Human, or Eternal darkness. As for the finer details of the question; you will need to wait and see. :)

We are working on a FAQ. Thank you for your questions.

I believe in Germany it sounds the same as House.

As the forum's resident Herr Pfannkuchen (Mr. Pancake(s)), I can confirm this belief. Not only does it sound the same, it also means the same thing!
(Same thing with mouse and Maus, by the way. Though calling it Deadmaus Sonata may cause some issues with trademark infringement...)

Reactions: Purple Gryphon
As the forum's resident Herr Pfannkuchen (Mr. Pancake(s)), I can confirm this belief. Not only does it sound the same, it also means the same thing!
(Same thing with mouse and Maus, by the way. Though calling it Deadmaus Sonata may cause some issues with trademark infringement...)

BTW: just made all the fun reactions positive!

Reactions: derula
I have a few questions.
1. Is Deadhaus Sonata(DS) the only game your studio is working on?
2. I've read that DS release is at least two years out. Why announce a game so early? Is this to build up hype, recruitment for the new studio, etc?
3. Do you plan on releasing an external beta of DS?
4. Do you plan to have the game to release on PC and consoles simultaneously? Will it have cross platform play?
5. Since this is a game as a service, I am assuming I will need to be always online to play the game, correct?

Thank you and I look forward to the next update!

Just found this section of the forum. I'm going to fire away some questions.
  1. Will players have to unlock each class individually or are they all unlocked straight from the beginning?
  2. Do you have any plans to introduce lag compensation in the game? As a South American player who had smooth experiences when playing with both Russian and Japanese players lag-free in games with good net coding, I'm very appreciative of thorough latency technologies.
  3. How big are the hordes of humans we will be fighting against? 100? 300?... 1,000 enemies at the same time?
  4. Some of your previous games were very focused on the narrative, such as LoK. How will the story be told in the cooperative format of Deadhaus?
  5. Can we expect some verticality and ingenuity in our character's movement capabilities? (Climbing, flying, phasing, grappling, teleporting, etc.)
  6. Will there be achievements or challenges in the game?
  7. Will there be stealth mechanics?
  8. Can we expect voice commands, pinging, VOIP and/or other communication mechanisms in the game?
  9. Is this going to be an open world game or will it be instance-based? (Open maps or closed mission sessions)
  10. How customizable will the characters' skills, attributes, fighting style, and visuals be?
  11. Will there be interactive portions of the scenarios? I.e.: traps, gates, bridges, ladders, pickupable objects, hiding spots, etc.
  12. Will there be gameplay advantages purchasable with real money?
  13. Will there be a way for Free 2 Play players to unlock premium/real money items, be them cosmetic or not, through dedication alone in-game?
  14. Will we also get to fight the undead? Perhaps in the PVP mode?
  15. How will Deadhaus maintain the player's fidelity? Will it have episodic content, will it be the most amazing undead experience ever, will it be sports competitive, will it have tons of content to unlock, or maybe something else entirely?
That is all for now. :)

Question: Will long time SK composer Steve Henifin be doing the music?

I guess i've been listening to some dungeon synth music lately, and this reminded me so much of the Eternal Darkness music

• Friendly
Since the release of this image, the Trinary Archetype System of Classes:
  1. What is the "Essential" in the world of Deadhaus?
  2. What are the Artifacts and how do they connect to the Essential?
  3. How do Artifacts manifest in the character classes?
  4. Is there the possibility of more classes being added outside the Trinary Archetype System?
  5. Will characters be gender restricted?
  6. What does this trinity effectively means in terms of gameplay?
  7. Will there be missions/stories related to the balance or connection between the elements of the Archetype in the game?

• Happy
View attachment 29
  4. Is there the possibility of more classes being added outside the Trinary Archetype System?
  7. Will there be missions/stories related to the balance or connection between the elements of the Archetype in the game?
Hello! Thank-you for all the questions! Will will follow up soon with all the answers we currently can provide, but thank-you for the prompt!

• Friendly
Reactions: Golden Xan
will we able to customize characters like hairstyles and hairdye or just the typical skins module?

View attachment 29

1, 2 & 3: Updated the page to explain this chart more clearly - hope you like :)
4) Yes, that is the plan
5) No (if I understand the question correctly) - you can see male and female limited edition sets already on the store page.
6) You may have seen something like it before ;)
7) Yes

will we able to customize characters like hairstyles and hairdye or just the typical skins module?

Yes - we plan on as implementing as much cosmetic as possible to customize characters.

Question: Will long time SK composer Steve Henifin be doing the music?

I guess i've been listening to some dungeon synth music lately, and this reminded me so much of the Eternal Darkness music

Steve Henifin is fantastic to be sure right now he is working with Kojima-san and will not be working with us. We are working with someone else who is also awesome who we will be announcing in the future :).

• Happy
Reactions: Golden Xan
Steve Henifin is fantastic to be sure right now he is working with Kojima-san and will not be working with us. We are working with someone else who is also awesome who we will be announcing in the future :).
Ahh okay. Hope to hear some music later this year. hopefully there is some dark ambient sections within a cave or as we progress the land.

• Agree
Ahh okay. Hope to hear some music later this year. hopefully there is some dark ambient sections within a cave or as we progress the land.

Yes you can count on it :)

Will there be a queue system to help solos find groups for team missions?

I remember hearing weapons are interchangeable among the classes, unlocking different abilities based on the class. Is this true? Could a lich equip something like a sword or even those axes in the founders?

Last edited: