OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Prophet
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 28, 2019
399ozb9y3xy41.jpg
This is what Angels actually look like according to The Bible....yup.

In the hierarchy of angels it is leveled by spheres
  • First sphere:
  • 1. Seraphim,
  • 2. Cherubim,
  • 3. Thrones/Ophanim
  • Second sphere:
  • 4. Dominations (also translated as Lordships),
  • 5. Virtues (also trans. as Powers),
  • 6. Powers (also trans. as Authorities);
  • Third sphere:
  • 7. Principalities,
  • 8. Archangels,
  • 9. Angels.
Nine_orders_of_angels.jpeg

This order of Angels and what is commonly seen in the bible are the First Sphere
The other two Spheres if they do show up at all with human like characteristics are always masked
or clouded or purposely forgettable to the human consciousness presumably because they are just as
Lovecraftian in appearance as The First Sphere.

Thanks to Wikipedia for all this info and youtube.

The First Sphere serve as Gods/Jesus servants.

FIRST SPHERE

SERAPHIM
Seraphim (singular "Seraph") are, literally translated, "burning ones". The word seraph is normally a synonym for serpents when used in the Hebrew Bible.[4] Mentioned in Isaiah 6:1–7, Seraphim are the highest angelic class and they serve as the caretakers of God's throne and continuously shout praises: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory!" According to Isaiah 6:1–8, the Seraphim are described as fiery six-winged beings, with two wings that cover their faces, two that cover their feet, and the last two used to fly.

CHERUBIM
Cherubim have four faces: one of a man, an ox, a lion, and an eagle (later adopted as the symbols of the four evangelists). They have four conjoined wings covered with eyes (although Revelation 4:8 appears to describe them with six wings like the seraphim), a lion's body, and the feet of oxen. Cherubim guard the way to the tree of life in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:24)[5] and the throne of God (Ezekiel 28:14–16).[6]

THRONES/OPHANIM
The Ophanim (Heb. ofanim: Wheels, from the vision of Daniel 7:9) are unusual looking, even compared with the other celestial beings. They are closely connected with the Cherubim: "When they moved, the others moved; when they stopped, the others stopped; and when they rose from the earth, the wheels rose along with them; for the spirit of the living creatures [Cherubim] was in the wheels."[10] Which raises the question of if they are angels at all or controlled by the Cherubim.

SECOND SPHERE
DOMINATIONS/LORDSHIPS
The "Dominations" (Eph. 1:21; Col. 1:16) (lat. dominatio, plural dominationes, also translated from the Greek term kyriotētes, pl. of kyriotēs, as "Lordships") or "Dominions" are presented as the hierarchy of celestial beings "Lordships" in some English translations of the De Coelesti Hierarchia. The Dominations regulate the duties of lower angels. It is only with extreme rarity that the angelic lords make themselves physically known to humans.

The Dominations are believed to look like divinely beautiful humans with a pair of feathered wings, much like the common representation of angels, but they may be distinguished from other groups by wielding orbs of light fastened to the heads of their scepters or on the pommel of their swords.

VIRTUES/STRONGHOLDS
These angels are those through which signs and miracles are made in the world.[11]
The term appears to be linked to the attribute "might", from the Greek root dynamis (pl. dynameis) in Ephesians 1:21, which is also translated as "Virtue" or "Power". They are presented as the celestial Choir "Virtues", in the Summa Theologica.

POWERS/AUTHORTIES
The "Powers" (lat. potestas (f), pl. potestates), or "Authorities" (from the Greek exousiai or exusiai, the plural of exousia, see the Greek root in Eph 3:10)[11] are angels whose primary duty is to supervise the movements of the heavenly bodies to ensure that the cosmos remains in order. Being warrior angels, they also oppose evil spirits, especially those that make use of the matter in the universe, and often cast evil spirits to places of detention. These angels are usually represented as soldiers wearing full armor and helmet, and also having defensive and offensive weapons such as shields and spears or chains respectively.

THIRD SPHERE
PRINCIPALITIES/RULERS
The Principalities are shown wearing a crown and carrying a sceptre Their duty also is said to be to carry out the orders given to them by the upper sphere angels and bequeath blessings to the material world. Their task is to oversee groups of people. They are the educators and guardians of the realm of earth. Like beings related to the world of the germinal ideas, they are said to inspire living things to many things such as art or science

ARCHANGELS
The Seven Archangels are said to be the guardian angels of nations and countries, and are concerned with the issues and events surrounding these, including politics, military matters, commerce and trade: e.g. Archangel Michael is traditionally seen as the protector of 'Israel' and of the ecclesia (Gr. root ekklesia from the New Testament passages), theologically equated as the Church, the forerunner of the spiritual New Israel.

The Seven Archangels
Michael
Gabriel
Uriel
Raphael

Selaphiel
Raguel or Jegudiel
Barachiel
Each Angel also corresponds to a day of the week: Michael - Sunday, Gabriel - Monday etc.
Much like Norse Myth gave us our traditonal days of the week also depending on what you source.
Monday - Moon
Tuesday - Tyr
Wednesday - Odin/Wodin
Thorsday? you get the picture.

ANGELS
The "angels" or malakhim (Heb.: מַלְאָכִים), i.e. the "plain" angels (Gr.: ἄγγελοι, pl. of Gr.: ἄγγελος, angelos, i.e. messenger or envoy), are the lowest order of celestial beings, and the most recognized. They are the ones most concerned with the affairs of men. Within the category of the angels, there are many different kinds, with different functions. The angels are sent as messengers to humanity. Personal guardian angels come from this class.

"And i saw a beast with seven heads and on each head a blasphemous name" Revelations 13:1.
Really makes you wonder if they were talking about The Devil or maybe an Angel during the downfall of Earth.

Coincidently I've also discovered Lucifer isn't actually Lucifer. Lucifer is never actually talked about in the bible at least how
we commonly know him/her/it. In the Latin translation that's where Lucifer comes from. Meaning Morning Star....Lucifer Morningstar.

The origin of Lucifer comes from a quote about the fall of the king of babylon. something like "And you will fall like the star in the morning does when the sun rises". im paraphrasing.
It all stems from Venus. Venus apart from the moon is the only other planet we can perceive before sunrise and you can literally watch it in slow mo move and disappear. The actual devil as we know it comes from another character in The Bible from The Book of Enoch of a character named something like Azakula(?) i couldnt find the info again but ill update when i do.
Finally on The Devil theres a great origin/allegory for it in the Necroscope series with the main antagonists.

There's The Angelarium that Denis recommends and is super cool.
https://www.angelarium.net/

An Angel type Haus for Deadhaus would fit so well and im eager to see if it will be incorportated into what we know
of the lovecraftian like Xenohaus(name and or type still pending naturally) or if it will be its own thing.

Like cmon just LOOK AT THEM! never have i see anything this unnerving in quite a while.
Some artists i recommend to look up similar creepy work are:
Menton3
David Stoupakis(mostly known for being the long time cover artist for Korn albums)
and once you start down that rabbit hole you wont really leave.
original.jpg

I think we tossed around the idea for what the trinary system for an angel house would be. Since the higher up the sphere's certain angelic beings are, the more sort of conceptual their forms become. Either shaped by Emotion of the viewer, or emotions in general. I can't remember everything, but I think we discussed that one of the corners would be manifested emotion, another would be more of the physical, something that can easily be grasped/attacked, I can't remember what our ideas of the third corner would be.

Reactions: Calypso
I guess I worry over the idea that Deadhaus Sonata's main theme -- the dead -- will be superceded by other more powerful hauses as player character options. I'm fine with fighting angelhaus, gigahaus, demonhaus, but I don't ever want them to be player options that are more powerful and superior to Deadhaus.

• Dislike
Reactions: DukeVaeVictis
AH, after looking through several old forum posts. (Angelhaus has also gone under Divinihaus) I remembered the Trinary system we talked about. It was Emotion, Physical, and Conceptual forms.
Positive Emotions (Joy, happiness, ect), Physical (Or basically the cannon fodder angels), and Conceptual which is acting as a manifestation of an idea or state.

Reactions: Calypso
I guess I worry over the idea that Deadhaus Sonata's main theme -- the dead -- will be superceded by other more powerful hauses as player character options. I'm fine with fighting angelhaus, gigahaus, demonhaus, but I don't ever want them to be player options that are more powerful and superior to Deadhaus.
That is a very valid concern. I wonder what the game's title might change with the introduction of new houses. As more are brought in, I'm sure Deadhaus' campaign is also going to expand, making the game progressively harder to make content for as multiple houses are created, but one thing I can say for certain is that they will have balance in mind and no house will be made with the intent of being superior to the undead. However, they will all be designed to be fun and interesting, while different from the undead. That's the purpose of asymmetry in games.

Allhaus :cool: ... nah seriously, anything playable other than undead will be down the road in the far future. The game has to launch first and be around for a while. Although I am looking forward to other playable options as the game expands and the community does too so I am all for more playable options!

The game has not even come out yet and people are worried about the end of Deadhaus. How touching. But in all seriousness, Deadhaus will not reign forever and will not be the strongest force in the game. This is a game based on their being ancient powers beyond comprehension. In 5 or so years as new elements get added our attachment to Deadhaus will be eclipsed by new and exciting possibilities. They have even teased that an entire house could be wiped out or made irrelevant as the lore plays out.

The game has not even come out yet and people are worried about the end of Deadhaus. How touching. But in all seriousness, Deadhaus will not reign forever and will not be the strongest force in the game. This is a game based on their being ancient powers beyond comprehension. In 5 or so years as new elements get added our attachment to Deadhaus will be eclipsed by new and exciting possibilities. They have even teased that an entire house could be wiped out or made irrelevant as the lore plays out.

Yes, so much yes.

• Dislike
Reactions: Galen
Deadhaus will not reign forever and will not be the strongest force in the game. This is a game based on their being ancient powers beyond comprehension.
In 5 or so years as new elements get added our attachment to Deadhaus will be eclipsed by new and exciting possibilities.
They have even teased that an entire house could be wiped out or made irrelevant as the lore plays out.
Thank you for pointing this out.

Reactions: Purple Gryphon