Rpgcasey

Ripe
OG 2020
Jul 11, 2020
VAMPYR has an amazing soundtrack that adds depth and makes any gloomy world come alive with deep moroseness.

Amnesia: Dark Descent anyone who has played the game can tell you the music adds all the atmosphere, does all the heavy lifting of horror. It really makes the game scary.

Lucas King is a masterclass in minimalistic horror music. This playlist is some of his finest piano music. It adds a grimdark realism that Deadhaus could easily use.

Nox Arcana if you want something a bit more lively in your dark world, Nox Arcana is for you.

Bloodborne any list that doesn't add the soundtrack of Bloodborne is no list at all. Cello and ominous latin chanting. A lovely combination of gloom and terror.

Myuu Clicky, eerie, atmospheric. He makes wonderful dark music.

Adrian von Ziegler a versatile dark composer. I think he is brilliant. Dark compositions that would cause any sane man to stay inside when they hear them.

2 Steps from Hell is always good imo.
Also I love Dies Irae by Verdi. Such a forceful, yet haunting number.

Reactions: klokwerkaos
I would like to add everything with the words 'Dark Ambiant Music' you can find on Youtube. I often listen to these to write, relax and even to sleep. It creates an amazing atmosphear for the kind of game that Deadhaus will become. Not in the action phases of course, but other calm moments.

Besides what's already mentioned which is all stuff I would have on various playlists I have some other artists to recommend in this vein:

Midnight Syndicate "Grisly Reminder" is a great dark ambiance banger but their whole catalog pretty much. I have an hour long video of grisly reminder on repeat bookmarked for some writing mood music. I put them on par with Nox Arcana and who is better depends on which song you're talking about since they both have better and worse compositions.

Beats Antique is a classic set up that must not be missed, particularly when you're doing more middle eastern themed goffy horror stuff. Particularly fond of "Intertwine". It's dark and beautiful stuff.

Peter Grundy has a lot of gothy arrangements. Generally speaking I'd put him just below 2 steps in production value, but ahead of Von Zeigler, he's just better at arrangements that create movement, though 2 steps is also kinda untouchable as their best work kinda makes stew out of everyone else (Immortal is one of the GOATs for instrumental).

Also just a chime in for Nox, "Hidden Horrors" from arkham asylum is one of the best lovecraftian songs I think I've ever heard.

Also opening music for L4D2 is a classic.

This all remind me of the old joke if the kjv was good enpugh for Luther it good enough for me to. And it is a good translation yet can be harder for new generations to use.do to the difference in meanings of some words used.

"Enemy Lair" sounds more like something that would play during dialogue between the protagonist and antagonist in a Sega Genesis game. Either way, its really good.