They did touch a little about how they want character customization to not just be cosmetic...
Age(or how long ago you died and turned undead) - could be a bigger mana pool and smaller health pool for example
Weight - if you choose a more robust character you might be slower but have more hitpoints.

I personally generally prefer that as a standard for games, all cosmetics are 100% divorced from mechanics in every single way possible.

This can be better done by speccing points to achieve the fantasy you desire for your character, that way you can still play a speedy glutton or slow moving bag of bones. Why does it work? Because magic, yo. Stop asking silly questions.

Same could be said for state of decay, some undead age more gracefully than others, because magic.

Let cosmetics be purely cosmetic, especially since we're paying for skins and not allowed (thank you) to pay for mechanics.

First age characters should all be arisen from a new generation marking a great birthing and expansion for deadhaus. Playing ancient characters (regardless of cosmetics) should just not be an in game advantage available, not till subsequent later ages.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm also pretty strongly in the "Let cosmetics be cosmetic" camp. Like it *sounds* good to have cosmetic options tied to stats, but ultimately it just ends up annoying people.

Selectable faces/hairstyles and body-types are pretty much standard stuff for RPGs and such. Stronger arms more strength in stats? sure, it sounds cool but how would it work when it comes to undead things? a living person needs more muscle mass to defy gravity when they lift things the ground, does this rule also come to things which are dead?

I can see how a smaller revenant might be faster and quicker then a more bulky one but not as strong.