Malleus Monday
OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Prophet
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 28, 2019
Although I'm probably the LEAST qualified to write this thread as my experience with TTRPGS is from podcasts or the odd conversation with friends about them,
id figure id give a crack at it.
I was working on a mock up TTRPG for the now dead Nosgoth sometime last year but burned out and never went back.

For this general system I want to break the conventions of regular TTRPGS and keep it as streamlined as possible. No huge amount of rules
and light mechanics for a quick jump in jump out experience. If a plethora of games like DISHONORED and BLOODBORNE can have table tops why not deadhaus?

Normally I would take whatever the mechanics are and adapt them for the board but seeing as how those are unknown and still being worked on some creativity is needed.

DICE and CARDS - The Trinary Dice system/The Ability Cards

undead-classes-.png

Each class will have 4 sets of Dice. (Updated 5/18/20)

lvl 1 = d4
lvl 1= d10
lvl 1= d6
lvl 1= d8

The Dice themselves will be Colored and represent the different States(Physcal, Ethereal or Conatained) each class can use. Grey Dice representing your general movement and actions. Depending on what state you are in will determine what dice you use for movement and actions.

Classes will have the option of State Switching but this will require a special card. Once you switch to another State you will need to acquire the special card again in order to make another switch.

Every time you level up, your base dice number will increase by 1. (d10 + 1 etc.) Grey general dice Do Not level up.

Switching states grants a buff or debuff depending on your class and what their normal starting state is.
This will require...

THE ABILITY CARDS

pentalicheoftarot.jpginventory.pngenergybolt.jpg

Each class will have 4 sets of Ability Cards. (Updated 5/18/20)
The Cards themselves again will be colored representing 4 different states.

1. General Deck
2. Physical Deck
3. Ethereal Deck
4. Contained Deck
The Cards will have a mix of Weapons, Armor, General Abilities, Special Abilities, Special State Switch and Body Parts
You will be able to Trade Cards with your other players. No weapon/armor is off limits, but keep in mind, some weapons and armor will be weaker or stronger depending on your class. The Buffs and Debuffs just might be worth the trade though.
However Special Abilities are limited to your class.
You will be able to TEACH another class Special Abilites but it will take multiple turns and cost the Player learning....

Platinum
Platinum is the currency of Nogosaua(for now?) and every player will get a total of 10 platinum coins.
the 10 coins each represent 100np(Nogosaua Plat) total = 1,000np
cf24f0fc-1696-4c55-ab62-7fb3355c2989.jpg

MOVEMENT

Movement will be determined by your Dice (see Dice section, pg This Thread *wink*)

THE GREAT OLD ONE

1589406483725.png
Baby%20Cthulhu.jpg

Depending on what type of game Deadhaus The Table Top/Nogosaua/Stories of Nogosaua/whatever else is a cool title
ends up being it will require a GM/DM in this case it is THE GREAT OLD ONE!!!!! The Elder being who sees and knows all, manipulating players
to their whims.

THE GAME ITSELF (Updated 5- 18/19-2020)
OK this is a tough one. There's many ways this could go.
1. THE GAME ITSELF! Takes place on a HEROQUEST like board with little figures, doors, chests and the like. Multiple Boards can make for much largerscenarios. Also a starting book of scenarios will accompany it as well. Player created content is also very welcome.
There will also be printable layouts of dungeons, villages, forests etc.
2. THE GAME ITSELF!!! comes with a large board of Nogosaua and its landscape. Another starting scenario book filled with grand DND styled adventures that take place across the land. (battle maps of variety inlcuded, dungeons, villages etc.)
3. I've never played Cthulhu Wars but it looks like Elder God Risk. Perhaps something similar to that. The Rules should be able to be altered for vs play. Will have to think on this one. input is welcome.
4. Just a starting book with the rules and some scenarios. The rest is up to The Great Old One and players.
5. Deadhaus but it is really Munchkin? Sundower pointed out the Munchkin similaries and yeah i think i subconciously
took from that game. it could work?
6. Potentially this could be the Mobile Version of Deadhaus. Mobile gaming comes in all forms. Recently a boom of full 3D WoW anime like MMOs are having a boom. Virtual Joysticks and everything. Deahaus could also do this although visually it would need to be toned down perhaps to fit and runs Smoothly on a mobile device. https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-mmorpgs-578250/

The other route is board games and card battle games like Hearthstone(F2P I think?) and my personal favorites from TinyTouchTales like Card thief and Miracle Merchant(puzzle, solitaire like card games for mobile devices and also PC) http://www.tinytouchtales.com/
The Witcher Adventure Game and Gwent recently hit mobile devices and are naturally big hits.
Naturally a physical version would be cool but I think Mobile and even Table Top Simulator possibilities would also work.

The F2P thing on mobile I know is very disheartening to gamers as usually things are locked behind Paywalls, P2W, Wait limits that disappear with said Paywalls etc. Needless to say it has the rank odor of CASUAL GAMERS written all over it.
of course an ethical model would be wanted but I think, for a mobile board game like Deadhaus if the entry fee is a decent price for the content ($10 or less) it has the potential for a solid income.

7. If all else fails just turn it into Emo Uno. Uno already has the color scheme. Smiley Face.

this is just broad strokes of an idea. Again i wanted to keep it AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. I know lots of players love complex rules and deep systems so i kept things simple(for me anyway) and if Players want to add on and make homebrew stuff thats always awesome. Some of the best stuff is homebrew. Ive left out any real numbers except the dice and money. The more i think on this ill update but please chime in with what you think would be cool or how things might operate. All i ask is that you keep it simple and not super complex for grandparents or the other casual "Ive never played a game in my life my anxiety is through the roof WHATS HAPPENING!" people.

Attachments

• tcr20629.jpg
    tcr20629.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 5
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: Varik Keldun
I'd totally love to play / dm a Deadhaus game

I too would love to get in on a DH style game; another thought or style of game could be like that of Lords of waterdeep... but instead of waterdeep we would have the Undead lands.. and the ruling leaders fighting for control of the lands. just not sure if that would be a copyright issue or not. very simple to learn game and only takes like 10 turns to play a full game.

• Agree
Reactions: Calypso
I too would love to get in on a DH style game; another thought or style of game could be like that of Lords of waterdeep... but instead of waterdeep we would have the Undead lands.. and the ruling leaders fighting for control of the lands. just not sure if that would be a copyright issue or not. very simple to learn game and only takes like 10 turns to play a full game.

I wouldn’t mind ripping off other games.
keeping it standalone instead of a mod for another game is what I’d want personally.
I took some rules from HERO QUEST and The Power Mage Series RPG. I’m sure reworking the rules for water deep could be possible.

again, it would be a different game then the one your specifiying but i would like to play that one as well.

As a fan of ttrpgs (been playing dnd 5e off and on for about five years and in the early stages of making my own ttrpg). I'd say we don't really know enough about DHS yet to be able to make a "good" tabletop around it. We don't know what deadhaus or the other factions/subfactions are up to. We don't really know much about the power balance between undead and humans. However I do think you have an interesting foundation here. It kinda gives me munchkin vibes if you've played that boardgame.

As a fan of ttrpgs (been playing dnd 5e off and on for about five years and in the early stages of making my own ttrpg). I'd say we don't really know enough about DHS yet to be able to make a "good" tabletop around it. We don't know what deadhaus or the other factions/subfactions are up to. We don't really know much about the power balance between undead and humans. However I do think you have an interesting foundation here. It kinda gives me munchkin vibes if you've played that boardgame.
yeah I can see that. played that game a few times with friends. probably subconsciously took stuff from it. good game.

It is perfectly fine that we dont know what the other factions are up too. we DO know that the Deadhaus is Fighting the humans. the subsequent haus's that come out can each have their own expansion to add to the base game :D

It is perfectly fine that we dont know what the other factions are up too. we DO know that the Deadhaus is Fighting the humans. the subsequent haus's that come out can each have their own expansion to add to the base game :D

I worded that poorly. *I don't see what a Deadhaus campaign would be about storywise. Fighting humans is a good baseline, but I would personally need more details to gm a ttrpg about it.

I worded that poorly. *I don't see what a Deadhaus campaign would be about storywise. Fighting humans is a good baseline, but I would personally need more details to gm a ttrpg about it.

yes. I thought that with the scenarios it could be a number of things. Undead vs humans, civil war amongst the dead, you play as a band of humans fighting the undead instead.

Expansion books for each haus like the giants or angels etc.

figure each of these could work well with whatever the game ends up being in whatever style. Maybe multiple styles just for the hell of it.