Ageless
OG 2020
Zorins Treat
Dog Adopter
Magus
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 20, 2019
I'd like to share an interesting concept that might add some consequence to death, outside of the true death.

Let our physical bodies be more malleable to changes we cause upon them in the game, alterations and enhancements taking shape permanently unless we start taking steps down a different path; but upon the body's death, we lose all the changes and can either pursue reclaiming those alterations and enhancements or pursue a different set of them.

Say I'm a vampire who chooses to develop feral features by feasting upon blood from a unique type of beast ("cough, werewolves, cough"), giving me all the benefits that come from that form like increased strength and/or speed. If I should perish and lose that body, when I come back I am as I was when I first came to be as a vampire. All my equipment and items are there, but my body is back to it's original state. From there I can choose to spend time regaining those feral changes or choose to pursue something else.

When I talk about taking a different path while feral in form, I mean that I begin acquiring other types of enhancements that either revert or replace the feral ones. I may want to dial down the feral and look more human in order to go unnoticed among them more easily, so I just feed on certain "holy" humans. If I decide I'd rather be a stronger caster, I could possibly track down some blood fountains (wink, wink) that are left behind by those vampires who came before and bestow upon their drinkers stronger magic. What physical changes the fountains cause I leave to your imagination.

Change up your body as you wish to fit the play style you desire; but upon that body's death you lose those changes and must work to gain them back if you desire them, giving consequence to a death that is less than true.

Last edited: