DENIS DYACK: PERFECTING ETERNAL DARKNESS, WORKING WITH KOJIMA, LOSING AN EPIC LAWSUIT, AND MORE! – IGN UNFILTERED #42
BY RYAN MCCAFFREY On this episode of our monthly interview show IGN Unfiltered, veteran game creator Denis Dyack talks about his wild career that started at Silicon Knights, from convincing Nintendo not to nix Eternal Darkness’s sanity effects to working with Hideo Kojima to suing Epic Games, and more!
See the 1-hour video here!

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I liked the interview. It was nice to see your perspective on things. You sound like a truly inspired game developer, Denis. I'm really hoping Deadhaus will be an amazing game. :)
I don't know how the Twitch integration is going to work out with the narrative focus, but Apocalypse has my vote of confidence.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Denis Dyack
A lot of info I've heard before, which is still fun to hear about. Very happy to see Denis address the Epic litigation, because I've been arguing to him that this is something people are concerned about, and that silence on that might make them reach the wrong conclusion. I deeply hope that addressing it will actually lead to good things rather than bad things.

I just listened to the interview and I have to say I learned quite a bit! I had heard rumors about the EPIC lawsuit years ago and always thought it was EPIC suing SK but now I know the truth of it and it makes me feel a lot better. To be honest, I saw more about the EPIC side of the story than the SK side in most of the things I read and so had formed a bit of an opinion because of it. Now that I know Denis' side of it, my outlook is completely different.

Beyond that though, hearing him talk about his mom complaining that he didn't specify Merriton is something I read in another interview years and years ago when Too Human was being worked on and brought back memories from that time.

Glad to hear so much positivity and creativity is going into this project and can't wait to see and maybe have a hand in the end result!