vhalnich

Ripe
OG 2020
Jan 16, 2020
This will be a lengthy post. With the confirmation of Dragon Haus and Demon Haus at least being discussed behind the scenes. I know this content is like 6 years down the line but I thought it would still be fun to theory craft what classes could be playable for each "House". I'll come up with 7 each and you can let me know if my classes sound cool or bad and if you have any good ideas for classes. The main theme for Dragon and Demon Hauses to me would be "Ascension" the dragonborn want to ascend into dragons and the Demon Classes want to ascend into more powerful demons. Let me know what you think.

Dragon Haus
Dragonborn-Draconic Humanoids
Some call them the children of dragons. The Dragonborn are a proud race. Descendants of the Dragons themselves they are Master Sorcerers and master warriors without equal. Each Dragonborn wishes to spread their wings and be a monster on the battlefield both in the air and on the land. They hope to ascend to dragons themselves. Each Dragonborn has a breath attack that is equivalent to their type and each dragonborn when high enough level can morph into a dragon.

1. Dragonborn Sorcerer. Inherited through their bloodline a Dragon Sorcerer has vast magical ability hidden within them
A. Fire Variant
download.jpg
B. Ice Variant
Capture.PNG
C. Lightning Variant
IMG_1726.JPG
D. Wind Variant
IMG_1724.PNG
E. Light Variant
IMG_1723.JPG

2. Dragonborn Warrior-The Dragonborn Warriors of Atar are martial experts without peer.
IMG_1727.PNGWarrior.jpgaa4249816ab6e3dca540a25c561ed2a9.jpg

3. Dragon Rider-Humans and Dragonborn live and fight side by side in the Atar society. The humans can form bonds with the reptiles of the land of Atar. They can raise giant lizards, drakes and even baby dragons. Those few with the willpower can tame a dragon, raise it and one day be its rider. The bond between a dragon and its rider is the most powerful bond in existence. They can feel each others emotions and pain. This would be the "pet" or minion class for Dragon Haus. You would start with a baby dragon pet flying around and the more you level up the more powerful the baby dragons grows and becomes. Eventually you can even use the dragon as a mount in battle.
Rider.jpgrider 3.jpg

Demon Haus
Humans-The path to darkness and power has always been a trap that humans have fallen into.
1. Warlock-A warlock's power is not inherit. No. Their magical powers are given to them from a demonic entity but there magical bombardment of dark energy and hellfire is a force to reckon with on any battlefield

Warlock 3.jpgWarlock 2.png
2. Demonologist-A powerful human mage in their own right a Demonologist has studied the interplanar connections and can summon powerful demons to do their bidding. Both Warlocks and Demonologists would be able to summon some sort of demons
Warlock.jpg
3. Hexblade-A demon trapped within a weapon or shield. Whether on purpose or on accident the human mortal found the item that housed a demon. Depending on what weapon you chose between sword, spear, axe, scythe etc would give you unique abilities. Will you conquer the weapon or will the weapon conquer you?

IMG_1733.JPGIMG_1732.JPG
4. Mortal Warrior-The mortal warrior worshipers of demons have spent their entire lives in battle trying to apease the most powerful demons and they have one goal. To ascend. The warriors can ascend into "daemon prince" forms once they are high enough level

IMG_1735.JPGDemon warrior.jpgIMG_1736.JPGIMG_1737.JPG
Demons
5. Path of Ascension Melee -This would be your typical melee demon hoping to ascend through the demonic army ranks and become more powerful
IMG_1729.JPGIMG_1741.PNGDemon.jpg

6. Path of Ascension Magic -Born of true chaos and mana the magic born are able to dish out powerful spells on the battlefield

IMG_1731.JPGmagic demon.jpg
7. Fallen Dragonborn
7e30cfb68e8fde2652b6cdeae65ee7d4.jpgFallen Dragon.jpgIMG_1730.GIF
Once a proud dragonborn the lure of power from the demons transformed them into dragonborn of shadow and hellfire. They have a unique hellfire breath attack and they can ascend into a Hellfire Dragon.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Daemon Warrior.jpg
    Daemon Warrior.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 3
This is really well done liking your ideas for the different sub classes for the Demon and Dragon Haus
I can see that you have put a lot of effort into these great ideas thanks
for posting :)>

Anyone else turned off by how each of these Hauses have a two-syllable prefix? Just seems to ruin the flow to me. Although the only one-syllable versions I could find would result in DrakeHaus and FiendHaus, and while these certainly have a better flow to them, I'm not so sure about their impact.

The classes seem to be pulled directly from D&D - personally id like to see 7 different demons rather than humans and a couple demons - and there are plently to choose from. As for dragons... We are not sure yet if we get to play as the rider, the dragon, or both. Personally id like to see them all be playable dragons

Given we'll be playing with actual giants, full sized dragons shouldn't be hard to pull off and not have to be restricted to lizard men (although that should be one of the classes that are available). That said, I agree that there is more than enough shapes and configurations to fill out the trinary.

c14701d605a2ce5da982de5310b89eef.jpg

You can add the japanese dragon(Ryu I guess) to the set proposed by Livin - it has 4 legs, long body, no wings and flies anyway :D You can have a trinity system of Nobility, Grace and Strength. The standard dragon would be full nobility, the amphiptere would be full grace, the drake would be full strength, wyrm would be strength and grace hybrid, lindwurm would be the nobility and strength hybrid, drake would be the nobility and grace hybrid and the ryu would be the 3-type hybrid.

You can add the japanese dragon(Ryu I guess) to the set proposed by Livin - it has 4 legs, long body, no wings and flies anyway :D You can have a trinity system of Nobility, Grace and Strength. The standard dragon would be full nobility, the amphiptere would be full grace, the drake would be full strength, wyrm would be strength and grace hybrid, lindwurm would be the nobility and strength hybrid, drake would be the nobility and grace hybrid and the ryu would be the 3-type hybrid.

I like the inclusion of the Japanese Ryu or Chinese Lung dragon, but the others were just a for instance and there are some that could be replaced as they are so similar that they've been referred to as "this culture's version of that" while researching. This mainly pertains to the wrym and lindwrum, so one of these could be changed out for something more unique. It could be replaced with the humanoid dragon or lizard man, as well as something like a hydra.

I love your trinary 😍

as far as demonhaus is concerned - i;m pretty sure "big Red" will be a part of that haus - possibly even the other demon from blood omen that has a poison attack.z

the guy on the left - who also made it into blood omen 1

1602346711051.png

again the green guy on the left

1602346865480.png

The classes seem to be pulled directly from D&D - personally id like to see 7 different demons rather than humans and a couple demons - and there are plently to choose from. As for dragons... We are not sure yet if we get to play as the rider, the dragon, or both. Personally id like to see them all be playable dragons
Yep! D&D and Warhammer Fantasy are my main inspiration. But you could definitely combine warlock and demonologist into one class and add another demon class. Maybe a plague one? Also I see no reason why a "House" has to be limited to 7 classes. I just came up with 7 classes on the fly because Dead Haus has 7 classes.

With the demons there are a couple things corresponding to the number 7 that might offer some inspiration.

There are the archdemons and their affiliated sins;
  • Lucifer: pride
  • Mammon: greed
  • Asmodeus: lust
  • Leviathan: envy
  • Beelzebub: gluttony
  • Satan: wrath
  • Belphegor: sloth
And there are the categories of demons for the Ars Goetia in the Lesser Key of Solomon

Kings
Dukes
Princes
Marquises
Counts
Presidents
Knights

• Informative
Reactions: Temuldjin
I don't really like the 7 deadly sins as inspiration because they... kind of do not make sense. Most of them are basically the same thing - lack of control when seeking pleasure. And then the others are just lack of control. And what would be their goal exactly? Try to corrupt mortals for some reason? Perhaps to grow their ranks? I guess it could work but then why would those sins convert people to demons? And why would anyone seek to be wrathful or envious? I guess we could do some creative rewriting and twist things on their head a little bit and base things on those sins but present them in a different light. But I am not sure if it can be done. I am sure that I am not good enough to do it. I will try though.

Pride could be represented by a sect of demons who strive for perfection. Lust can be represented by another cast that strives for physical pleasure. Sloth can be a sect of demons who strive for freedom of all responsibility. Perhaps Wrath can be combined with Pride in their strive for perfection and the same with Lust and Gluttony in their pleasure agenda. I am completely lost on Envy and Greed though. I guess it makes sense to combine them as Envy is not having something and wanting it and Greed is having something and wanting more of it but the question is how to twist that craving into something good. Perhaps a sect that strives for riches and the power they provide above all else?

Still I would like to see a more primal demon court. If we are going with a similar trinary system I would go for Suffering, Chaos, Destruction. And it is kind of a cliche as well but you can creatively play with those concepts and make them make sense. Having a logical reason to seek suffering, chaos and destruction is a far more interesting to me than just having sin-based entities IMO. Perhaps only through suffering one can then appreciate the true value of pleasure. And chaos, of course, can be associated with the freedom of the rules and personal power. And Destruction is sought after because what already exists is corrupt and nothing really good can come out of it. You see the demons actually want to do good but the only way they can do it is to be as wicked as they can be because the world is a cruel place and nothing else works. And in the case of Mallorum - they might even be right. And that fits the "demons as fallen angels" concept as well - demons would be good guys that have lost their way.

Of course that kind of demonic court has to be combined with an mirroring angelic house. We can have their pillars be Pleasure, Order and Creation and because it is a dark dark universe we can twist those things. That way the motivation of the Demonic house would also make more sense. The angels who seek pleasure would be obsessed with it above all else and would actually act more like incubi and succubae. The angels who seek order would again be obsessed with it above all else and would be really violent against anybody who does not fit into their very strict rules. And the angels obsessed with creation can be again driven to the absolute edge of sanity - creating or transforming other creatures into twisted living abominations only to prove that they can do it and leaving them to suffer and even twisting their own bodies into bizarre shapes and states. And the combination of those could provide some interesting and even gigeresque visions. For example order+pleasure could lead to some really bdsm stuff which is not something you usually associate with angels. And turning people into conscious living masses for perceived transgressions has some really "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" vibes to it. But the real kicker would be an angel obsessed with sexual pleasure that is also really good in transmogrifying its own body and the bodies of others.

The beauty of this kind of mirroring concepts is that there is no good in this situation. Two groups, part of a whole have both lost their path and do not see how and both think they are right in their own mind. And both are completely twisted.

Still I would like to see a more primal demon court. If we are going with a similar trinary system I would go for Suffering, Chaos, Destruction. And it is kind of a cliche as well but you can creatively play with those concepts and make them make sense. Having a logical reason to seek suffering, chaos and destruction is a far more interesting to me than just having sin-based entities IMO. Perhaps only through suffering one can then appreciate the true value of pleasure. And chaos, of course, can be associated with the freedom of the rules and personal power. And Destruction is sought after because what already exists is corrupt and nothing really good can come out of it. You see the demons actually want to do good but the only way they can do it is to be as wicked as they can be because the world is a cruel place and nothing else works. And in the case of Mallorum - they might even be right. And that fits the "demons as fallen angels" concept as well - demons would be good guys that have lost their way.

Of course that kind of demonic court has to be combined with an mirroring angelic house. We can have their pillars be Pleasure, Order and Creation and because it is a dark dark universe we can twist those things. That way the motivation of the Demonic house would also make more sense. The angels who seek pleasure would be obsessed with it above all else and would actually act more like incubi and succubae. The angels who seek order would again be obsessed with it above all else and would be really violent against anybody who does not fit into their very strict rules. And the angels obsessed with creation can be again driven to the absolute edge of sanity - creating or transforming other creatures into twisted living abominations only to prove that they can do it and leaving them to suffer and even twisting their own bodies into bizarre shapes and states. And the combination of those could provide some interesting and even gigeresque visions. For example order+pleasure could lead to some really bdsm stuff which is not something you usually associate with angels. And turning people into conscious living masses for perceived transgressions has some really "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" vibes to it. But the real kicker would be an angel obsessed with sexual pleasure that is also really good in transmogrifying its own body and the bodies of others.

The beauty of this kind of mirroring concepts is that there is no good in this situation. Two groups, part of a whole have both lost their path and do not see how and both think they are right in their own mind. And both are completely twisted.
omg I love every word you typed here. Every. Single. One.

This is a list of demons that appear in religion, theology, demonology, mythology, and folklore.

Demons used in Fiction - could pull ideas from but have been used in other works.

forgotten Realms D&D demon type overview

Needless to say there are plenty of demons to choose from to fill Demonhaus

I think going off the base of Deadhaus though we will see some different factions within Demonhaus / Dragonhaus like we do with Deadhaus. each working together for their major goals while also trying to fulfil their individual faction goals.

as far as a trinary archetype, for DemonHaus i would say - Power / Manipulation / Corruption

power - Big Red would be at the top of this Archetype - would be a formidable foe against say the revenant.
manipulation - I would toss a demon like a succubus here who controls enemies to fight one another.
Corruption - Corrupting their enemies through poison or other means that will spread to their foes (think AoE DoT attacks) the poison demon from blood omen would go here.

Given we'll be playing with actual giants, full sized dragons shouldn't be hard to pull off and not have to be restricted to lizard men (although that should be one of the classes that are available). That said, I agree that there is more than enough shapes and configurations to fill out the trinary.

View attachment 569
I definitely want playable Dragons I just hope they are a grand achievement or a timed ultimate ability. Can you imagine the clusterf of 100 dragons flying and walking around in the level 1 area? How will dragons fight in dungeons and in zones where you will need to go indoors? They will need to be made a great deal smaller similar to the light variant I posted would be fine with me. I would like all the lizard variants listed above be available as pets/companions/mounts for the dragon rider. One solution I thought of to the big monsters in small places problem is that there can be a toggle between giant form and humanoid form so they can enter houses etc similar to how a vampire can use magic to make them not look like monsters or how Worgens can toggle between beast and human form but I don’t like that option as much. As for the Dragon Rider sure you could have the dragon pet be permanent but it would be pretty cool as an ultimate ability as well let’s say you are on your drake mount fighting a horde of Demons and things are going south. You could use your ultimate ability “Horn of the Dragon” to summon your dragon that swoops down and you hop onto then you fly around the battlefield causing carnage for a period of time. Depending on the size of the dragon some ultimate abilities might be limited to outdoors but there should be plenty of ultimate abilities to choose from.

Reactions: Livin
Can you imagine the clusterf of 100 dragons flying and walking around in the level 1 area?
The game is not built around MMO type like WoW or Guild Wars... think party size of up to 6 players Diablo / Path of Exile... main hubs and towns might have more people but usually from what I have seen these are instanced and split over multiple servers to maintain low population density. They even do it in games like WoW and Guild Wars - though they raise the player cap quite a bit higher. I Think Guild Wars 2 Zone cap was or still is 200 players before it starts a new instance of the zone.
When you enter a town hub... it will bring you to one of these most likely depending on how the game is coded (A: your best connection / B: the next available open space / C: the next available space you and your party can fit into / D: the Lowest populated instance / E: A New instance of the town)

in this example you would most likely be put in instance #2 or instance #4
Maintown server 1 - 20/20 players
Maintown server 2 - 18/20 players
Maintown server 3 - 20/20 players
Maintown server 4 - 3/20 players
Maintown server X - Y/20 players (X being the next number in line Y being a number between 0-20)

now when you go out adventuring its going to be....
YOUR INSTANCED ZONE
Players X / 6 (X = 1 to 6) depending on if your partied up with other people or not.

Last edited:
Interesting. I didn’t realize this but that makes sense. I assumed people would run into other people in the open world but a hub based system does make sense for the amount of npcs that will need to be killed. Still the big creatures fitting in little areas will need to be addressed as I doubt the entire game will be in the wide open.