Malleus Monday
OG 2020
Dog Adopter
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Dec 11, 2018
iantroll.wixsite.com
So I realized that, after the last episode of the Alaric, we were told about Dreamhaus and that it is the exact opposite of Deadhaus. And if the dead operate on the trinary archetype system of Physical, Essential, and Arcane. Dreamhaus must operate on opposing attributes.
The most obvious one being Physical, but instead of being something like "Intangible" I think a quote from "V for Vendetta" might give a better idea what the opposite of Physical should be.
"Behind this mask there is an idea, and idea's are bullet proof". I think Dreamhaus' opposing force to Physical, is "Conceptual". Afterall, something "intangible" might still die, but concepts can't really be fought in any sort of traditional sense. If anything, concepts might "sleep", no one thinks about it again until suddenly someone reinvents it, possibly with a new name.
The other two are still a bit hard to imagine at the moment, especially since I just finished work. But has that ever stopped community theory crafting?

I've been thinking over this one quite a bit as well, and yes I 100% believe it is the opposite 3 points on the octahedron.

I do like the idea of the opposite of physical being conceptual but I still would put it as intangible
DreamHaus the trinary archetype of Cyan, Yellow, Indigo itself would be conceptual which is why a dream cannot die.

Now, if the 3 opposite points all manifest themselves in the same 3 realms as deadhaus (physical, magical, essential)
then we must think try and think HOW they would manifest within them...

Before we start though lets look at and define DREAM itself...
1678156748135.png

So a Dream can be defined a few different ways.
Sleep is most commonly associated with dreams.
but so are strong desires, and things noted for beauty, excellence or enjoyable quality...
music, art, and other creative things fall under this.
First we must ask Does this point fit within Dreamhaus,
Second we must ask does it make sense as an opposite.

in my opinion I would put
Opposite of Physical is Intangible
1) a Dream is intangible
2) it is not physical, so yes.

Opposite of Essential(Soul) is Spiritual (Spirit)
though similar, there are a few differences when it comes to definition. under spirit we get a few things..

there is a lot there but a few key phrases would be..
an often malevolent being that is bodiless but can become visible
a malevolent being that enters and possesses a human being
then we get a similarity at the bottom called.
1678157999213.png
1)so yes Spirit would fit within Dreamhaus
2) similar enough yet different than soul which would allow it to take on the same plane of existence.

Opposite of Magical I would still go with Science its not 100% the best fit but I feel it is on the right track.
1678158693975.png
1) leaning more towards the #2 /#3 of the Noun bit here which leans more to art and skills like music and other crafts. which we found out in the new update magic is influenced by music as well so it does fit in that aspect.
2) less for sleeping dreams but for ambition and skills yes.

and NO i'm not 100% sure on these ones but they are my best guesses as to what the 3 points could be...
I know the Color of Science is Yellow which fits and why I really feel that it is what goes there though it is a broad term.
have not looked up the other color definitions yet but that would be my next step to see if the colors match the aspects.

• Informative
Reactions: Temuldjin
alright so did a bit more thinking and digging...
I think I might have figured out the Indigo color (opposite of essence (green))

Abstract
by some of the meanings behind the definition we get things that are opposite of essence but would still make sense for Dreamhaus
1678271410690.png

The color (Indigo) is very close to the color purple as well.
1678271133248.png

It checks all the boxes that I have been trying to look for.
1 - it fits within Dreamhaus
2 - it fits with the colors like the rest
3 - it is opposite of what essence is
so until a better alternative comes about I think this is a solid foundation for that specific point.

• Useful
While i see the association Varik brings with magical, I would not associate science as the opposite of Magic due it's nature being tied more to the physical where the influences of magic are closer to esoteric occultism, perhaps a less grounded approach of magic....Faith perhaps?

While i see the association Varik brings with magical, I would not associate science as the opposite of Magic due it's nature being tied more to the physical where the influences of magic are closer to esoteric occultism, perhaps a less grounded approach of magic....Faith perhaps?
Faith has been brought up a few times and I do understand that it does make a decent fit. Magic and faith in most rpgs use mana in different ways.

My biggest concern is that going off of the color aspect of things faiths color tends towards blue and not yellow.

Nature which is another good opposite of magic goes by the season red, green, yellow, orange. So it could fit at lest in some aspect. The issue here is how does that play into dreams, aside from sleep being a natural part of life.

Though it could be a good point for other houses say via elements / fire lighting ice water ect...

I say science because it color fits under yellow and is an opposite of magic. Though I do use the term science loosely.

Science is about learning and discipline. It works its way to understand things. Soundwaves, seasons, the elements ect. I'm not saying that it is the definitive answer.
But I have not found a better solution that fits and checks all the boxes.

Opposite of magic
Fits the color yellow
Works with dreamhouse (science is not the best fit here)

While i see the point, i would argue the color formating favor of yellow because of a color with yellow-ish qualities that has been linked with religion before

Christianity and it's variants in particular with it's association with Gold
Gold and yellow are used extensively in a large amounts to decorate churches, cathedrals and chapels which helps with the thematic elements which seems to fit the vibe of deadhaus time-frame somewhat with inquisitors and all that

Another notable association with yellow comes from both hindus and christians associating it with the color of fire which are often seen as renewal and purity and thus would be in opposition to the deads themes of stagnancy and corruption

But perhaps i am simply seeing things in the shadow. perhaps you are correct. would be for a fine discussion nonetheless.

• Informative
At the same time, in a way defining magick, and science can be extremely hard. Magick in some media, can be a form of science. While at the same time, science can be hard to tell apart from magick, if it's advanced enough. Like if one of us went back in time and showed a mediaeval king a smart phone we'd be burned for witchcraft. Where as faith, I can see a bit, but I'm a little uncertain of. We do know we have Angelhaus, so faith could work. But as for other haus' it's hard to guess what else could fit into that.

• Agree
Faith is based off of belief in a higher power.
Usually something that cannot be proven, though video games and ttrpgs use it more as drawing power from the gods themselves.

But deadhaus believes in the god of death. And we have the banshee which is basically its voice.

If deadhaus only uses physical magical and essential. How then does the banshee exist.

Keeva is a herald and I would consider her an oracle from her bit in 7 sun's. Which are closely tied to faith IMHO.

Alaric also stated at lest once that he is a man of science. He could not understand and was amazed by the strange waters. Could not understand what the ghoul was saying and speaking in riddles.

Science could be be considered magic, but the opposite would also be true. And we have magic.

But there would be a distinct separation between the two.

One studies the occult.
One studies the natual.