Ageless
OG 2020
Zorins Treat
Dog Adopter
Magus
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 20, 2019
Not sure what to expect when it comes to executions in the game, honestly I didn't think they were happening with the game play being fast paced. There is no denying the wow factor when it comes to executions, mortal kombat is built on it; but I'd like them to serve an actual function in the game, just to add some substance to go along with the style.

Examples of such functions include

Demoralization/Deterrent-This is the real world purpose of executions so it is the most obvious one to have in the game. You find the enemy more resilient and aggressive than you'd prefer so you eviscerat one of theirs in a brutal fashion to inspire fear that causes the rest to hesitate or even attempt to flee.

Leeching-This is your basic drain the enemy of whatever you might be interested in from them such as health, mana, or essence.

Hex-Performing them as part of a spell that harms or kills one or more of the remaining foes.

I'd like to also talk about how plentiful executions could be. They don't need to be Borderlands in quantity but there is nothing wrong with a healthy variety and access doesn't necessarily have to be restricted to the character's abilities. Items and equipment could come attached with ones that you level and customize with a skill tree.

For example there is my Liche, Merric's armor thats is made up of over a hundred rat skeletons.

Level 1- The rat skeletons leap onto a target and tear them apart.

Level 2a- The rat skeletons do lvl 1 and leech mana off of the target for the liche.
OR
Level 2b- The rat skeletons do lvl 1 on more than one target.

And so on until it reaches a point that the rat skeletons attack multiple enemies at a time like an aoe and kills them, then reanimating them as mindless undead.

When it comes to executions that are AOEs there could be stuff like if those whose health is below a certain threshold or drop their guard succumb to its affect, otherwise it will just do a degree of damage.

Those are my thoughts so far. What other functions do you think that executions could serve, and what are some types of executions you are imagining for the game?

Last edited:
The first thought that comes to mind for a Liche would entail having a targets life force dramatically ripped from their body and subsequently be turned into an undead minion, providing the Liche with another servant and inciting fear into the hearts of any who witnessed the horrific transformation.

Reactions: Livin