Magus
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Jul 1, 2020
+1
Here you go bois, a topic just for you to give feedback for the Patch 0.1.12

Bloodlust:
- With the fix to left mouse button the return of the " Teleportation Step Attack " from having at least 1/4 Bloodlust is now back, this ability is a huge reason why melee combat feels so rewarding as the Vampire right now in Patch 0.1.12

- I was standing between 3 enemies and holding down the left mouse button with a full Bloodlust and it resulted in a weird attack combo where maybe every other attack being a " Teleportation Step Attack " even though my character never moved away from the spot, do to me being surrounded and all by the 3 legionnaires... And with a full Bloodlust that was a lot of teleportation going on.

- Fully Draining an enemy to death with Exsanguinate gives an insane amount of Bloodlust, as a person that likes melee combat and I personally have no problem with it, but from a balance perspective it should properly be toned down, or, it could be a specific way either the Dance Macabre or Exsanguinate Tarot card can be customized.

Exsanguinate:
- If more than one Legionnaire is moving towards you while you are draining one of them with a channelling Exsanguinate and the attacks kill an enemy, another one of the Legionnaire will start to go in to the " getting drained animation " but the blood will continue to get drained from the Legionnaire you just killed with the attack, so visually the blood is coming from the already dead enemy, while another one who is unharmed by the attack is acting like he is getting drained.

- You cannot cancel a Channelling Exsanguinate Attack with Mist Form.

- After holding down Exsanguinate on a Legionnaire with a shield I kept getting audio and visual feedback as if I was swinging my sword at the guys shield, it looked like he was blocking melee attacks, and I got audio queues of the shield getting struck 4 times.

- When you use Exsanguinate on a Legionnaire they sometime do not go in to the getting drained animation, they still eventually die from the attack though.

- While using Exsanguinate on a Legionnaire sometimes Legionnaires close to the one you are draining will start to enter the getting drained animation too, I am not sure if it's because the attack is actually draining both targets ( if it is then only blood from the original target is flowing towards you ) if not it's a funny little visual bug that is quite useful, do to the second Legionnaire is now stuck in an Animation and unable to move or attack you.
- Edit: Exsanguinate appears to pick the target closer to you most of the time. which then frees up the target that was originally being drained who will now begin to walk towards you to attack you, which usually results in that Legionnaire getting drained again when he becomes the target closest to you.

- Exsanguinate is awfully painful to use in the Essential Realm where you cannot channel it, where the only option is to quick tap it to gain essence.

- I just drained a Legionnaire to death with Exsanguinate and I kept holding down the drain button, good thing I did because my health and bloodlust kept increasing even though I was draining a corps, sadly I was struck by a different Legionnaire before I could get a screen shot of it.

- After trying to use a the Exsanguinate Attack on a legionnaire and then getting struck mid drain my character entered " T-Pose " for a brief moment.

Mist Form:
- Whenever you enter and leave mist form there is always the same " Black Fog " close to the rune that spawns the waves. Same spot, same black fog, always been there.

Telekinesis:
- A Quick Tap Telekinesis followed up by Channelling Exsanguinate on the same Legionnaire still results in them just getting up after the knockback and not being stuck in the " getting drained animation " instead they are free to move and will close the distance to try and attack you just as I reported in Patch 0.1.11

- You cannot cancel a Fully Charged Telekinesis attack with Mist Form.

- After having used a Fully Charged Telekinesis Attack and following that up with a " Teleportation Step Attack " to teleport up to an enemy in mid air you can alter the falling speed of you character by holding down Left Mouse button to begin the attack combo.

- After having used several Quick Tap Telekinesis Attacks in a row on 5-6 enemies to try and push them in a corner it resulted in me being stuck and unable to move. I used the attack so many times that only 1 legionnaire survived them.

- After trying to use a fully charged Telekinesis Attack on a group of enemies and then getting struck before I could get my attack off my character entered " T-Pose " for around 1 second and then audio sound of you charging up a telekinesis attack stayed there even though the attack failed, 30 seconds later I can still hear it.
- Edit: The sound first stopped after I used Quick Tap Telekinesis attack several times on the Legionnaires.

- If you use a fully charged Telekinesis Attack without any Legionnaire who is able to be affected by the attack your character will " T-Pose "

- If you fling enemies to far out of the arena they will no longer get killed, like they usually do, instead they will simply fall down in to the abyss, sadly, there are no death in the abyss so the round will never end...
- Edit: This might not be correct, further testing is required*

- I was finally able to get Out Of Bounds with the Teleportation Attack from Bloodlust and a fully charged Telekinesis Attack only, for the exactly moment I landed on the ground I was instantly teleported back inside the Arena...

- I was pushing some Legionnaires out to the edge of the arena to try and throw them out of the Arena and then use the teleportation attack from Bloodlust to get Out Of Bound when I noticed 1 of the enemies standing up without a head and with only 1 arm... Screenshot 5 for proof.
- Edit: It's just a visual bug, I can run strait through him as if he is not even there. Screenshot 6.
- Edit: I am not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but the same round the headless guy appeared the round could end even/the rune that starts the next wave didn't work, even though there are no enemies anywhere alive in the arena, so I had to quit the game to get to a new round. ( I still highly suggest you guys add a restart button under " Esc " )

Strafing:
- When I press Shift it results in my character running forward for several seconds.
- Edit: It does not matter if its " A or D " movement key I press, forward is the only movement the character will do, only the mouse will led you change course. Eventually you do enter strafing mode.

- After toggling on strafing while holding down " S " the camera flips around to the front of your character while he is moving backwards at a slow pace.

- I still feel like the movement speed of " A, S and D " is to low and should be increased while strafing, Personally I would suggested the exact same speed as " W "

- After toggling strafing on and off several times while being in the Magickal Realm my movement because " not normal " and now the enemies can no longer hit me, even if I stand in front of them, they are incapable of damaging me. Managed to take a Screen shot of it where a Legionnaires weapon is inside my character without him taking damage.

- The " Strafing Bug " I reported in patch 0.1.11 seems to have been "mostly " fixed, it was very easy to trigger in Patch 0.1.11 and even though I tried several times here in patch 0.1.12 I have not been able to recreate it like we did in Patch 0.1.11
- Edit: Just for a moment it looked like my character was about to enter the movement animation bug where he kept jumping between animation.
- Edit: I've now experience it on 2 separate playthrough that my character triggered the " strafing/t-pose " bug for around ½ to 1 second.
- Edit: For a brief moment, around one second while holding down left mouse button and doing the attack combo, then getting hit by a Legionnaire my character began to move around like he did with the " Strafing Bug " This was with strafing toggled on.
- Edit: I have no triggered it 4 or 5 times.

Target Lock:
- After using Target Lock on an Legionnaire you character will be unable to move for around ½ a second.

- After having used Target Lock on an Legionnaire I am still free to move in any direction in input, unlike in patch 0.1.11 where you were forced to go forward regardless of you pressing " A, S or D "

- After having used Target Lock on a Legionnaire my movement speed was decreased.
- Edit: This was fixed the moment I cancelled Target Lock.

Other:
- While opening the game alt tapped I could still hear burning kindling after the game got to the menu.

- While on the Menu, if you Alt Tap you can still heard the burning/kindling as well.

- When alt tapped, and you moving the cursor around it no longer give audio ques when your mouse is hovered over a video or menu option like it did back in Patch 0.1.9 and 0.1.10

- I still have some FPS problem / Lag when I spawn in the Arena / during the first few seconds of the arena.

- The Camera still feels a little out of place when the " Bat Form Reveal Event " starts and when it ends, just before the camera reverted back to me it felt like it did a quick 360 spin inside a wall...

- I suggest an update to the " controller / map layout " scheme on the pause menu after pressing " Esc "
- Edit: I suggest that " T " for the Werebat Form Reveal Event gets added and explained to the control scheme picture on the Pause Screen.
- Edit: I suggest that " Shift " for Strafing gets added and explained to the control scheme picture on the Pause Screen.
- Edit: I suggest that " Rend " gets removed from it.
- Edit: I suggest that " Heavy Sword Attack " Replaces Rend on the right mouse button.

- The wave after the Batform Reveal Event the Enemies No Longer Attack You Bug triggered again. ( The no attack bug )

- You can still get on top of shield units. Screen shot attached.

- Body parts can still " glide over the floor " as if they were covered in soap and the floor was iced over.

- After jumping between the Essential Realm and Magickal Realm 2 times it resulted in 1 of the skelly bois joining us is the Magickal Realm. Screen shot is provided.
- Edit: The Skelly Boi joined us in the Material Realm after.
- Edit: Skelly Bois in the Material Realm are immune to Telekinesis.
- Edit: Skelly Bois in the Material Realm still die from a single left mouse button attack.

- After quitting the Combat Arena and opening it up again I sometimes have Audio bugs from the last gameplay ( 1 example is the heart beat )

- It's still possible to get out of Bounds with the Bloodlust Teleportation and a Charged up Telekinesis Attack, screen shot number 7.

- Just killed a Legionnaire and when he slumped over dead on the floor his weapon fell in such a way that it's leaning up against his knee, this is next level ragdoll and collision done right! Huge fan :) Took a screenshot of it, number 8.

- Just as I've reported in Patch 0.1.11 if you alt tap during the Bat Form Reveal Event the Audio of the game will stop, then when you alt tap back the sound will start up again and you can hear the Bat doing his thing, even though he already have left the arena at that point.

Attachments

• Black Fog Spot 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    Black Fog Spot 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 4
  • Standing on top of a shield unit 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    Standing on top of a shield unit 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Enemies can no longer hit me in the Magickal Realm 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    Enemies can no longer hit me in the Magickal Realm 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Skelly bois in the Magickal Realm Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    Skelly bois in the Magickal Realm Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Headless Enemy still being alive 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    Headless Enemy still being alive 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Headless Enemy still being alive 2 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    Headless Enemy still being alive 2 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Out of bounds Teleportation 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    Out of bounds Teleportation 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Ragdol done right 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    Ragdol done right 1 Patch 0.1.12.jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It feels good to get back into the full swing of things, having the quick attack on one key and heavy attack on another feels like a good shift.
the blood lust meter feels a bit cleaner this round compared to 1.11
still curious where the gold enemies ran off too they haven't been around for like 5 patches :eek:

BUGS
-Exsanguinate still does not channel while in essential form.
-Exsanguinate will show the animation pulling from one target and affect another target that is closer.
-Lock on Jitter glitch is still possible (at least with controller - need to test with mouse / keyboard)
-After using exsanguinate I noticed a few enemies got stuck walking in place, not sure if it was due to exsanguinate or not but it is when I noticed them.
-Dashing while locked on still only moves towards the enemy, cannot dodge backwards or sideways.
-Audio glitch is still present after exiting and restarting without closing the game entirely I can hear the heartbeat while at 0 bloodlust
-You will continue to run forward while holding any direction when activating the strafe key until you come to a complete stop, then you will be able to strafe normally

-more feedback to come just some initial things I wanted to put down.

Last edited:
Ok, a couple of bugs I noticed in the latest version.

The first one is when you press shift or tab while moving you cannot change direction until your character has completely stopped and left and right would cause the character to still move forward. After the character stops the movement proceeds correctly.

The second one is when you channel telekinesis without a target and you run out of mana the sound effect for channeling will proceed indefinitely until you cast telekinesis properly.

The first one is when you press shift or tab while moving you cannot change direction until your character has completely stopped and left and right would cause the character to still move forward. After the character stops the movement proceeds correctly.

The second one is when you channel telekinesis without a target and you run out of mana the sound effect for channeling will proceed indefinitely until you cast telekinesis properly.
I've had both of those as well here in Patch 0.1.12

Well, i can tell for certain what is causing my motion sickness in the demo, the random teleports from Danse Macabres Bloodlust mechanic and the feeling of being jerked across the arena. In my humble opinion i think there needs to be an option in the game to only teleport forward toward where you have the vampire field of view positioned. or another option a new button that will toggle between the bloodlust effect because lets face it sometimes its a bad thing to be in bloodlust.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Temuldjin
Paused a few minutes and when I came back just looked over the pause menu key config layout.
Controler side
Left joystick press down: should be toggle strafe
Rend: Should be switched to Heavy Attack
Attack: Should be changed to light / quick attack

need updated.png

Keyboard Mouse Side
Left Shift: Toggle Strafe
R key: Telekinesis
Space Bar: dodge / mist form
Left Mouse: Light / quick attack
Right Mouse: Heavy attack

Optional - add the <== backspace button to state cheaty face refill life

Paused a few minutes and when I came back just looked over the pause menu key config layout.
Controler side

View attachment 1154

Keyboard Mouse Side

As I wrote In my post I Suggest all those changes too, I just didn't go above and beyond to highlight them in the picture as you did Varik, well done :)

Opinion of the current Patch: With the Fix and return of holding down the left mouse button resulting in the attack combo and the removal/replacement of Rend for the Heavy Sword Attack makes melee combat feels a lot more smooth, heck even quick tapping right click feels powerful and the whole experience just feels way more rewarding and interesting, I'm a big fan, also, The fixing of the " Strafing Bug " also helped make the combat feel more fun, now Strafing feels more rewarding and it's the superior choice regarding movement, It's just a shame the movement penalty for toggling on strafing is so severe, and I would personally suggest one of the next patch would have 0% reduction in movement speed while strafing is toggled on ( yes even Backwards )
Also the change to Exsanguinate from 0.1.11 have resulted in the combat / gameplay feeling better than it ever have up until this point.

With that said, the Bloodlust gain for a fully drained Legionnaire is properly to much as of right now with the current stats ( this might not be the case if % bloodlust gained will scale with amount of health points when factoring in levels and gear later on ) but as of right now in the demo the Bloodlust gain is over the top from the Exsanguinate skill, it does feels like a true vampire skill now, the change from a charge up to a drain is just exactly what this skill needed to not only feel useful, but also be more appealing and fit well with the lore / Class aesthetics.

Mist Form just feels right, with all the fixes done to it over the last patches there is nothing I currently would change, it's strong, but not over powered, it does exactly what you want it to do right now and it's cost seems fitting, great job making this skill feel just right.

Quick Tapping Telekinesis is still the strongest think we can do, and with the absolutely minimum mana cost it can almost be sapped without though or care, so I suggested a mana cost increase of at least 10% to see if makes the usage of this ability a little more balanced, I also suggest a decrease in the mana cost of a fully charged telekinesis maybe even as much as a 50% decrease, it's simply not worth the mana cost throw enemies up in the air, which is a shame, do to it being a fun ability, hence why I suggest such a drastic change to the mana cost.

• Agree
Reactions: Varik Keldun
Well, i can tell for certain what is causing my motion sickness in the demo, the random teleports from Danse Macabres Bloodlust mechanic and the feeling of being jerked across the arena. In my humble opinion i think there needs to be an option in the game to only teleport forward toward where you have the vampire field of view positioned. or another option a new button that will toggle between the bloodlust effect because lets face it sometimes its a bad thing to be in bloodlust.
Hey @Lord Scara we put in a couple of fixes now live to address this, including your suggestion here and reducing the amount of motion blur while dashing - please let us know if this helps!

Reactions: Varik Keldun
Controler side

View attachment 1154

Keyboard Mouse Side

We also updated the help screen and put some of these suggestions on the queue.