Dog Adopter
Grim Scribe
Vampire Scholar
Harbinger
Jul 1, 2020
+1
Lets get the feedback rolling for Patch 0.1.15 bois and gals :D

Bloodlust:
- I love the fact that we get to keep our Bloodlust even after having been in the Essential Realm.

- Trying to use Death Waltz Dash when you character is right besides a wall sometimes results in the ability activating but your character not moving away from the wall you are standing by to go towards the target the spell activated against.

Exsanguinate:
- Just an in previous patches Channelling Exsanguinate will sometimes change target even though visually you are still draining the original target, the target that walked closer to you will enter the " Getting Drained Animation " and will eventually be killed by the attack.

- I love that we can finally use Channel Exsanguinate in the Essential Realm.

- After maxing out all 3 Minor Arcana Cards with 5/5 it actually becomes quite the challenge to get back to the Physical Realm after having having entered the Essential Realm, it took me several attempt's to finally get some mana before I was forced back to the Essential Realm.

- You still cannot cancel a Channel Exsanguinate with the Mist Form Dodge.

Mist Form:
- Using mist form makes my character looks like bright light/a shade of gold/yellow in the shape of the vampire. Equipping armor have made it so only his face is now glowing in that color.
Edit: the color of your character depends where on the Map you are when you enter Mist form/run to while in Mist Form.

Telekinesis:
- Sometimes when I use the Quick Tap Telekinesis Attack I can hear the sound that would have been generated if I was using a Fully Charged Telekinesis Attack.
- Edit: The sound only stops after you use Telekinesis on another Legionnaire.

- I used A Fully Charged Telekinesis Attack on a Legionnaire, instead of the guy getting thrown up in the air he was instead ½ way stuck in the ground.

- After having used Quick Tap Telekinesis the Legionnaires sometimes cannot move away from the spot they were attacked in.

- Sometimes after having used Quick Tap Telekinesis on the Big Legionnaires their armor / ragdoll " spasses out/vibrates "

Loot:
- I picked up a new sword, there was no voice description of the weapon and the weapon itself is invisible, Here is a Screen shot of it.
Edit: I can still swing my sword with left mouse button but my right mouse button attack can no longer connect to my enemies.

- The Sword Card I picked up that gave me the Invisible Blade continues to stay there, even after 20 minutes + of gameplay.

- After triggering the " No Sword Bug " 3 times in 3 different playthroughs I have not had any single Sword Cards drop, 30+ minutes minimum.

- Picking up 2 Loot Cards at the same time results in both items being described at the same time.

- I picked up 2 Minor Arcana of the purple Rank for the same skill right after each other, I could pick the duplicate up just find, it did not buff the rank from 4 - 5, so I'm just reporting that the loot system is this regard looks like it's working exactly as it should.

- Just picked up The Sun shard At Blue rank while already holding a Sun shard at Blue rank. ( You can replace a card with a duplicate card of the same rank )

- Loot wise the max rank I have seen for the 5 Minor Arcane is 5. ( every rank from White - Green - Blue - Purple and Red )
Edit: Regarding equipment the max rank I have seen is Green for Armor, and Green for Weapons for 5 of the 6 Sword ( The Starter Sword - The Brigands Sword - The Notched sword - The Fanged sword - The Deadman Sword ) and then lastly I have only seen the Blue Rank for The Sun shard Sword.

- It's possible to have Loot Cards Drop Mid Air, which you cannot access, if you managed to kill enemies in Mid Air, for example with the tried and true Death Waltz Dash and Fully Charged Telekinesis Attack Combo you cannot pick up these cards.

- You cannot pick up loot in the Essence Realm, the card will act like it's a physical object you cannot run through.

- You cannot pick up Loot while using the Mist Form Dodge, only when the ability stops and you are right by the card will it be picked up.

- You cannot use Mist Form Dodge to go through Loot Cards, they will block you as if they were physical objects.

- Loot Cards Still spin while the game is paused. ( noice )

- Loot will be picked up while you use Death Waltz Dash through the Loot Card.

- If you are standing still when a Loot Card land on your position it will not be picked up, you have to move away from it and back over again to pick it up ( exactly like if you stand on the Rune before it resets )

Other:

- Enemies are incapable of walking on to the bridge area.
- Edit the legionnaires can be pushed on to the bridge with several Quick Tap Telekinesis Attacks, if you do so they will eventually be killed by the automatic out of bounds feature.

- Strafing is sadly still " Hold Down to use it " with the Shift key and not toggle.

- Body parts sometimes still glides over the floor as if the floor was covered in ice.

- 10+ Wave in the Demo the game starts to have a hard time to stay 60 FPS+ all the time, and 20+ waves in I cannot reach back up to 60 fps on my PC.

- I had a shield unit walk up on top of me, so I held down left mouse button to get the sword combo going and all that resulted in was the sword swinging and my character spinning around in circles and the shield unit on top of my spinning around as well. ( I dub this the Beyblade Technique )
- I triggered the " Beyblade Technique again " and the enemy and in spun around and several meters up in air... sadly no screenshot.

- After exiting the Arena and entering it again my game crashed in wave 1 after I was smashing pots.
- Edit: After opening the game up again after the crash the game crashed again during wave 1.

- I have now on 2 separate instances I have had my game Crash while running around on the bridge. ( both time was with the " No Sword Bug " )

- Standing on top of the Rune before it resets will still results in you not being able to start the next wave until you move away from it and then back on it again.

- I had a wave where the Rune kept glowing Red even though the wave was over and the Rune was ready to trigger the next wave. ( When the next wave is ready the Rune is suppose to glow Blue, not Red )

- Even after several hours of gameplay I have not seen the " No Attack Bug " that used to happen in Patch 0.1.14

- Had a weird visual bug where my Character looks like he is in Essence Realm while being in the Physical Realm. Here is a Screenshot of it.

- I was just attacked by an Invisible Legionnaire who was also moving around... the best I could do was find him with Exsanguinate and take a Screen Shot of it.

Attachments

• No Weapon 1 Patch 0.1.15.jpg
    No Weapon 1 Patch 0.1.15.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Physical Realm Visual Bug 1 Patch 0.1.15.jpg
    Physical Realm Visual Bug 1 Patch 0.1.15.jpg
    569.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Invisible Legionnaire 1 Patch 0.1.15.jpg
    Invisible Legionnaire 1 Patch 0.1.15.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Varik Keldun
love the new update
excellent work with the voice overs

visually - the movement animation feels a bit odd while running not fully moving the left (non weapon arm) not sure if there are plans for dual wielding or shield which would most likely fix how it fells / looks.

Danse macabre - the addition to the small step forward on the heavy attack is a welcome addition could still use a slight increase in distance IMHO

Exsanguinate - being able to hold the button in essential form HUZZAH! no longer trapped in essential form!
-minor arcana for exsanguinate
Noticed in the Debug menu the ability to give yourself levels of the minor arcana's - though even when maxing out the minor arcana's i did not see much change in the ability itself aside from a slightly faster kill with a 5/5 hemomancy and not much change with the other two but we don't spend to much time using essence yet which may be part of the issue, though even with 5/5 for the mind one which should be -100% if its additive and not multiplicative i should drain 0% life and 100% mana when using exsanguinate.

Mist form - new animations look good

Telekinesis - nothing new to add here.

assuming it to be introduced later down the line but with the weapon descriptions I would say that...
Starter sword - low tier, avg attack speed / avg damage
Brigands sword - low tier, faster attack / weaker damage blade
Notched sword - low tier, slow attack / avg damage + slightly higher chance to dismember or decapitate
fanged sword - mid tier, avg attack / high damage + extra chance to dismember or decapitate (also my favorite sword out of the bunch)
deadman sword - mid tier avg attack / high damage + damage reduction against spell attacks
sun shard - High tier, high speed / high damage + extra damage to undead (should also have a damage over time attached to it to any undead crazy enough to wield it)

- Bugs -
sword pickup for starter sword is bugged - had one instance where when picking it up after picking up a different sword the sword was no longer IN hand it was below.
starter sword pickup any time after that resulted in the card staying in the arena permanently and no other weapons would drop, also resulted in no weapon being shown.
after exiting the arena from previous bug and trying to restart (without completely exiting game) resulted in game crashing both times.
had an instance where I was mist form while in physical realm (aside from the face) looked cool :D clipped here -> to show when / how it bugged out

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Temuldjin
- Bugs -
sword pickup for starter sword is bugged - had one instance where when picking it up after picking up a different sword the sword was no longer IN hand it was below.
starter sword pickup any time after that resulted in the card staying in the arena permanently and no other weapons would drop, also resulted in no weapon being shown.
This is exactly how I got the No Sword Bug and it also resulted in me never getting any new Sword Card Drops.

Yep, I ran into the sword bug too. After 45 minutes, I decided to jump here to report it.

Per usual, Temuldjin is already on top of it. xD

• Funny
Yep, I ran into the sword bug too. After 45 minutes, I decided to jump here to report it.

Per usual, Temuldjin is already on top of it. xD
I do what I can :)

I was talking to Mike and Jaina while we were playing the latest Patch of the demo and I made a comment about the Tarot Cards and Mike suggested I post it here, so I am.

I suggest that when cards are dropped and floating in the demo/game they they don't have a backside ( mirror/front side only ) the reason is this: It can be frustrating to have to run around a card to figure if it's worth picking up or not, so having the backside mirror the front side would fix that :)

I like the new model although the walking animation is way too stiff IMO.

I also got the invisible sword bug with the same side effects that Temujin described - the sword card stays and no new weapon cards are dropped.

Noticed that when you dodge with mist form or when you dash with bloodlust the armor equipped does not mist properly bur remains its normal color.

Got the Sun Shard - love it.

• Agree
noticed more than a few times that when picking up the brigands boots I get the audio description for the fledgling boots

• Useful
I feel like he his head too far back when he runs.
Kinda like he is turtling up, im sure these animations are a work in progress tho.
Here is an simple example of what i am talking about: AnimationForRun.gif

Last edited:
I feel like he his head too far back when he runs.
Kinda like he is turtling up, im sure these animations are a work in progress tho.
Here is an simple example of what i am talking about: View attachment 1184
I can't exactly put my finger on what it is, but something feels " off " when you see Victor running around. It looks " wrong "

Reactions: mikzzzan
I can't exactly put my finger on what it is, but something feels " off " when you see Victor running around. It looks " wrong "
Yes, the animation is not final, we are working on it. Expect an update next patch :)

So im loving this version of the demo. So many great things right out of the gate. My comments are as follow:

The biggest bug I have seen is the "No Sword Bug" not sure what causes it. you are still able to attack enemies however it seems that the heavy attack cannot be used at all. I had the blue sword when the bug happened. I was also next to another sword card that was dropped when the bug occurred.

Drop rate seems fine...usually 1 or 2 per wave especially higher up you go. The only thing I dont like is seeing the majority of lower level gear dropping when im searching for the next tier of things.

It would be really nice to have something that shows what we have equipped at that time. be it on the HUD or on the escape screen.
Another thought that maybe after every ten waves or so it would be cool to perhaps get an automatic upgrade on something we have..or a selection of three items that we can choose one from. Be it weapon or armour.

I did notice a bug where armour pieces disappear from Viktor when looking at him from a low camera angle. When getting close shoulder arm and stomach pieces go away but only in the closest. once moving away they pop back in.

• Agree
To start I wanna say that this update has been awesome. I love so much about it and wanna praise the team for the work they have done! I am truly loving how far the game (demo) has come already. Seriously amazing y'all. On to the listing of the things however.

Things I like
  1. The Imperial Models are beautiful to behold. Be it in one piece or many the details on the models, weapons and shields is something I have enjoyed inspecting for more time than I should.
  2. Viktor as a whole. I love the model the overall feel of him, and the voice lines and voice acting are great as well. He already has my attention as a character.
  3. Love the slight teases in this one using things like the door being opened, and the elevator.
  4. Love the drop cards, their art, and the descriptions of each item. (Hearing the Sunshard one still makes me giggle)
  5. I love that I actually have to fight a bit harder against the Legionnaires in the physical realm than I used to. Look forward to haven a true fight on my hands soon.
Things I can't wait (but will wait as long as needed) to see

1. Kill Counter/ Wave counter ( I know this is in the queue just excited)
  2. A toggle for the chanting to either have it constantly repeat as it used to or the heart beat it is currently set to.
  3. Getting to play around with the Tarot system even if just a little with minimum customization
  4. MORE LOOTS (maybe even new weapon types such as axes, shields, daggers
  5. A lore friendly way to clean up the blood to save frames when they get really low.
  6. The Sunshard dealing damage to us as we hold it.
  7. Revenants (Again I know I have to wait but... still excited!)
Glitches I've run into this patch.
  1. Infamous "No Sword" tends to happen when I pick up the card for OG Sword.
  2. It crashes in essential for me a lot, particularly if I stay in it for too long. Sometimes when I exit it back to magical realm.
  3. Viktor's hair has disappeared on my after going into Magical Realm when I return to physical.
  4. A few times but not all, I get no sound when in the demo until I pause.
  5. Using Exsanguinate in Essential Realm cause ever skeleton to fall over. Didn't affect much as they respawn quickly but wanted to let people know.
  6. Have seen the Centurions just stop moving for a bit a few times. Usually they eventually start chasing me again though.
  7. Sometimes during attacks Viktor would pause for a few frames before finishing up attacks. This has only happened on two plays but will try to keep an eye out for when it starts.
Again I want to state that I am still awed by what all I am seeing and this is just a combat demo. I cannot find the words to tell y'all how excited I am to see what this team has done, will do and will be putting out as we get closer to the rise of Deadhaus. Vae Victus.

Using Exsanguinate in Essential Realm cause ever skeleton to fall over. Didn't affect much as they respawn quickly but wanted to let people know.
I think this is just because we now channel exanguinate - skeletons have like 1 hp, and it's just killing that quick- which is a good thing until actual enemies get added to essential realm.

• Agree
I think this is just because we now channel exanguinate - skeletons have like 1 hp, and it's just killing that quick- which is a good thing until actual enemies get added to essential realm.
This sounds like a likely culprit.

with that said, it could of cause also be a weird mass aoe kill bug.

This sounds like a likely culprit.

with that said, it could of cause also be a weird mass aoe kill bug.
Given that during my stream it caused my Essential meter to regain every time I drained a skeleton and it went like it usually does when you channel Exsanguinate and the primary target dies, I think Varik is right.

• Agree
Given that during my stream it caused my Essential meter to regain every time I drained a skeleton and it went like it usually does when you channel Exsanguinate and the primary target dies, I think Varik is right.
Don't get me wrong, I think he is right too :) With that said I have myself encountered some really weird things, I've seen a Legionnaire who stood on top of my head spin 5 meters up in the air for no apparent reason ( Like a Beyblade ) and I have fought against an invisible Legionnaire... ( weird stuff happens in the Combat Demo )