Ageless
OG 2020
Dog Adopter
Grim Scribe
Vampire Scholar
Harbinger
Jul 1, 2020
+1
Here you go fellow Pre Alpha Combat Room Players, a topic just for you guys to post in regarding feedback for patch 0.1.16

Bloodlust:
- Unlike Patch 0.1.15 you can now in Patch 0.1.16 pick up Loot Cards with Death Waltz Dash.

Exsanguinate:
- Channelling Exsanguinate will still sometimes change target even though visually you are still draining the original target, the target that walked closer to you will enter the " Getting Drained Animation " and will eventually be killed by the attack.

- You still cannot cancel a Channel Exsanguinate with the Mist Form Dodge.

- After using Channelling Exsanguinate on a shield unit a lightning animation happened on his shield. uploaded a SS on it.
- Edit: Another shield unit that was not struck by the Channelling Exsanguinate skill also had the same lightning effect on his shield ( never interacted with him ) I'm guessing this is some sort of new skill?

- After having used Exsanguinate on some Legionnaires they can sometimes be stuck in place and unable to move, they won't even try to attack me when I am close to them.
- Edit: having hit the enemy twice with Light Attacks he finally snapped out of it and hit me back, and then proceed to move towards me. ( So maybe it is not so much that the Legionnaire is stuck in place, but they somehow lose the ability to pin point the players locations and that is the reason why they do not move )

Mist Form:
- Loot Cards still cannot be picked up in the Essence Realm, only in the Physical Realm.

- After Jumping in and out of the Essence Realm during the Bat Form Reveal Event I got the Visual Glitch of Victor being in the Essence Realm while he is in the Physical Realm. ( I recreated the bug that was introduced in Patch 0.1.15 )
- Edit: This visual bug looks really nice when you enter the Essential Realm, took a Screen Shot of it.

- While in Mist Form or the Essence Realm you cannot cross over to the bridge area, or back in the arena, I took a Screen Shot of the spot. ( you are blocked in the same way as you are from picking up Loot Cards in Mist Form / Essence Realm )

- If you use Mist Form to dodge just as a shield unit with the lightning effect activated on a shield hits you with it you will avoid the knockback affect, but the moment you leave Mist Form you will get stunned and unable to move for around 1 second.

Telekinesis:
- After having used Quick Tap Telekinesis on a Legionnaire and then quickly followed it up with a Channelling Exsanguinate the enemy was still getting drained, he was in the getting drained animation, but he was gliding over the floor towards me with the normal walking speed, and when he got to me, visually he existed the getting drained animation and then struck me with a weapon attack cancelling the Channelling Exsanguinate. Right up till the moment he hit me I was still draining blood from him, at least visually.

Loot:
- Loving the new rarities for weapons, the first weapon I picked up was a Blue Sword followed by a Purple Mace.

- The Mace's Light attack damage output feels lacklustre, it takes like 10 hits to kill a regular Legionnaire, expect with the mace he will be knocked down on the floor fast, so you are simply playing whack a mole with knocked down legionnaires when you are wielding the mace.

- The Mace's Heavy Attack is super fun and feels rewarding to use.

- If you don't pick up a Grey Rarity of a skill card there is still a chance the exact same card will drop, I had 2 Rank 1 Dispossession Cards drop at the same time.
- Edit: I have now had Duplicate loot drop 5 times, managed to get a Screen Shot of it.

- I am personally not a fan of the Blur Effect on the Mace ( I could see other's be, it's just not my cup of to, so if I had the option I would toggle it off )

- Loot Cards Voice over will not play during the Bat Form Reveal Event.

- Loot cards picked up in quick succession will no longer play over each other, but be put in an audio que.
- Edit: unless you press ESC, after pressing ESC I had a Sword Card and a Mace Card getting their Audio Mixed because they were being played at the same time.
- Triggered this again in the same way, if you press ESC while you have picked up more than 1 card in rapid succession all Voice Lines will start playing over each other.

- Sunshard name on the card is shown as SUNSWORD. I took a Screen Shot of it.

- Alt tapping while a Loot Card is explained will pause the explanation of the Card, the demo will still run like normal, enemies will move and attack you if there are any left, bloodlust will fade, your health will continue to drain. The moment you tap back in the game the Voice Line will repeat from where it was cut off from.

- At the end of a wave I picked up a Rank 2 Sword and Rank 1 of Dispossession, then changed wave and the audio of the sword was being played, the first Legionnaire I then killed in the next wave dropped a Rank 2 Dispossession and I had picked it up before the dispossession voice line was played, the voice line for Dispossession was only played one time even though I had ranked it up twice.

- The shrinking effect on a card when it's about to go after after not haven been picked up stops if you press " ESC "

- I had a Green Sword Loot Card drop with Purple Particle effect. I took a screen shot of it.
- Edit: Less than 60 seconds later right after picking up a blue sword I had another Deadman's Cleaver Green Sword Card drop with the same Purple Particle effect. ( In both instances it was the Deadman's Cleaver )

Other:
- You guys removed the Fly Through option in the menu ( is this the prelimited step to getting a no-clip feature? )

- Toggle Straggle strafing is sadly still not a thing.

- Running up to the Lift Area hard Crashed my game. ( just before it happened my FPS tanked from stable 60 to 43 fps, then crashed 1 second later )

- I approve of the color changes to the pots. ( the lack of Rupees is still a problem though )

- I finally found out what the Lightning Effect on shield Units is: it's a sort of Knockback and stun Attack.

- I just fought against a shield unit and when he was at very low health he dropped his shield, he was still alive though, 2 light attack later he died. ( I have never seen shield units drop their shields before, anyone else experienced this? )

- I encountered the Red Rune Bug again ( the rune wasn't showing that a new round was possible, after having killed the last legionnaire it just continued to glow Red )

- There are at least 2 different Vae Victus Voice lines now :D

- Just after deciding not to pick up a Purple Dispossession Card and clearing out the wave I had Visual bug of a Legionnaire in the Dazed State standing there doing nothing, when I ran over to him I realized he isn't actually there, I can run strait through him, it appears to be a visual bug, however at the same time the Rune now no longer work and I cannot trigger the next wave. I took 2 screen shots of it.
- Edit: Going to the Essential Realm didn't " fix " anything, the rune is still not working, I had to exit the Arena.
- Edit: After exiting the Arena my game crashed. Took a Screen Shot of the crash message.

- I Just had another bug of a Legionnaire that " isn't there physically " but I can see him, and i can run through him, or stand inside him if I so desire. Both times I have triggered this bug I had also triggered the " Victor looks like he is in Essence Realm while being in the Physical Realm ) so I am not sure if those 2 bugs are connected, or if this is just a coincidence.
- Edit: Just like the first time I had this bug the moment I pressed Exit the game crashed.

- After opening the game up, going in to the Arena, then pressing Exit a few seconds later the game crashed.

- I can really feel the Optimizations that was added in this patch. ( or I have some weird Placebo Effect going on where I feel like I noticed it )

- While being alt tapped in the main menus and you move the mouse around in a browser on on the desk top you can hear audio feedback for when your mouse hovers over where the video's and the 4 menu options would be if you were still in-game.
- Edit: After alt tapping in and out of the game again I no longer get the audio feedback when I move the mouse around.

- While having a long discussion on Discord while the game was paused and I was alt tapped the game Crashed.

- I just tried to open up the demo and play it again, the intro video of Denis played fine, but after that the demo was just black screen, I could hear I was in the menu do to the audio ques from moving the mouse around, but the screen was just black, Alt tapping didn't fix anything, so I had to close down the game and open it again to get to play some more. The problem did not persist and I have no idea why the Demo was in black screen.

Attachments

• Draining shield unit results in lightning effect 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    Draining shield unit results in lightning effect 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Draining shield unit results in lightning effect 2 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    Draining shield unit results in lightning effect 2 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 2
  • Character looks like he is in the Essence Form while he is in the Physical Realm 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    Character looks like he is in the Essence Form while he is in the Physical Realm 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Sun Shard Name is shown as Sunsword 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    Sun Shard Name is shown as Sunsword 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 3
  • Corps that isn't there 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    Corps that isn't there 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Corps that isn't there 2 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    Corps that isn't there 2 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 0
  • You cannot cross over the Bridge Area while in the Essence Realm 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    You cannot cross over the Bridge Area while in the Essence Realm 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Essence Eyes in Essential Realm 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    Essence Eyes in Essential Realm 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Game Crashed 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    Game Crashed 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Duplicate loot drops 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    Duplicate loot drops 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Green Sword with Purple particle effects 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    Green Sword with Purple particle effects 1 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    862.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Green Sword with Purple particle effects 2 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    Green Sword with Purple particle effects 2 Patch 0.1.16.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Varik Keldun
I like the mace and the new items added to the soldiers. The mace animations are really well done although the heavy attack seems to be faster than the light attacks which is weird.

Not sure if it was a bug but the two maces I picked up had different models but the same lore blurb.

The game crashed for me as well but for me it was when I went across the bridge in the essential realm.

Also there seems to be less blood spilled now?

Actual Feedback: So with several hours of gameplay for Patch 0.1.16 how do I feel about it?

Crashes aside, the gameplay right now is just strait up fun, I used to say that Patch 0.1.15 was the most fun I've had in the Demo, that is no longer the case with Patch 0.1.16 existing. It's a combination of many factors, such as the Sunshard no longer being the de facto best weapon, do to all swords now dropping at the blue loot tier, rank 3, the fix of the " No Weapon Bug " the re-introduction of the Mace, especially the Heavy Attack is fun to use and lastly the optimization helped improve the enjoyment of the Demo, when the game runs more smooth, it's just more enjoyable.

And the cool thing is that this is just a fraction of what's yet to come and I always look forward to every single patch :)

Lastly, a thing I haven't really see anyone else comment on which I hope will be a thing is more Air Combat, it is without a shadow of a doubt some of the most fun thing you can do in the demo ( Fully Charged Telekinesis Attack on a group of legionnaires and then Death Waltz Dashing to more than 1 enemy while they are mid air, it's just a shame it pretty much tanks our entire mana pool to get 1 attempt of doing it ) so therefor I hope something could be done in this area of the game, or at least be written down on a post-it somewhere in the office: " Air Combat = Fun, Maybe implement later "

Reactions: Varik Keldun
Just played the demo for the first time.

1. There isn't any information on what the abilities do.
2. The game crashed when I tried to exit*

*EDIT - It exits from the menu fine but not from the combat arena.

Last edited: