Magus
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Jul 1, 2020
+1
It's time for more feedback.

Bloodlust:
- It's a shame that you loose bloodlust while the new " Enemy Introduction Video's " are playing.

- It's still possible to get up on the balcony with a Blood Waltz Dash after a fully charged Telekinesis Attack.

Exsanguinate:
- Exsanguinate now being able to hit and drain multiple targets makes the skill a lot more useful and fun to play, It makes me feel more in control of the battlefield.

- I really like the sound effect when an enemy is starting to get drained, it's especially satisfying when it hits multiple foes in quick succession.

- Balance wise it's a good update that you can no longer drained enemies in the Essence Realm if your Mana is already full.

- If you start draining enemies just after they were knock backed or stunned they will be able to move and won't be displaying the " Getting Drained Animation "

- I LOVE how a well times Exsanguinate can be used to stop a charging Spear Unit mid Charge.

- I just managed to start draining the first enemy before his introduction video started, he was dead before it was over, the narrator didn't seem to notice though and just continued talking about him xP I took a Screen Shot of it.

- It's still possible to have Exsanguinate continue to drain an already Dead target. Screen Shot Provided. ( I first noticed this in Patch 0.1.11 )

Mist Form:
- Other than the mist form dodge can be useful to dispatch the shield units when their Stun Attack is ready I have nothing to add about this skill.

- I took a screen shot of victor looking at the screen with the " visual bug of Victor looking like his he is in the Essence Realm but actually is in the Physical Realm.

- If you activate Mist Form Dodge just after you pick up a Loot Card your character will lifted up in the air around 1 Meter in the direction you are dodging.

Telekinesis:
- I like the New Telekinesis Tarot Card " Icon "

- The nerf to Quick Tap Telekinesis was expected and deserved, that way it used to work before just made it the go to skill in almost all situations, it's still good now, just no where close to what it used to be, and that showed how strong it was before, that even after the nerf it's still a good skill.

- It's still possible to throw enemies far enough outside of the arena for them to fall down the cavass/chasm, and if you do the Legionnaire will not die, hence the round won't end. Took a Screen Shot of the most grievous defender of this happening, Screen Shot Nr. 8.

Loot:
- If you have picked up a Loot Card and activate a new wave, and In that wave a new enemy type is being described as the first time the 2 audio files will be played over each other/at the same time.

- Balance wise it makes perfect sense that the Heavy Attack on Maces have been nerfed hard, but it is also less fun, there was immense enjoyment of being able to strike 2 times a seconds over and over and over, it felt very satisfying to kill downed enemies like that xP

- Duplicate Loot can still drop.

- Duplicate Loot can no longer get picked up.

- Loot still cannot be picked up in while in mist form, or when you are in the Essence Realm.

Other:
- Regarding the Wave counter the word " Wave " and the " Numbers " aren't aligned, it was noticeable every time but was especially noticeable on wave 6.

- It's possible to " skip " the narration of the " Enemy Introduction Video's " by spam clicking " Esc " just as it's about to start, however, it also results it in never being played, so the " Enemy Introduction Video's " never ends, so you the camera is now just stuck on the Legionnaire and the " Enemy Introduction Video's " will never end, do it the narration never starting.
Edit: after waiting several minutes the narration less " Enemy Introduction Video's " finally ended, but now my game is stuck in Ultra Slow Motion where it takes maybe 8 seconds to take a single step, it feels and look like that I am moving at a few frame per second.
Edit: Slow Mo makes for good Screen Shots though.
Edit: After informing and showing Varik how to trigger the Slow Mo he was able to re-create it on the first try and should now have recorded it.

- After running up to a wall I realized I could run through it, took a a screen shot of it.
- Edit: Every single place on the map that looks like the wall section I am standing inside on the Screen shot also doesn't have collisions activated.

- Strafe is still " hold " to use and not toggleable, would love it if this was changed back to how it used to be, as in I don't have to hold down a button to be able to move in my preferred movement style. I understand it might not be the optimal movement style for people with controllers but it is for people with Mouse and Keyboard.

- I like the new Shield Unit buff/stun effect.

- I really like the new Stun Duration from getting hit by the Shield Units, it looks good and gameplay wise it seem much more fair, I also makes the gameplay more engaging and more punishing for not paying attention to what the Legionnaires are doing, which can only be seen as a plus. Huge fan :)

- I really like the new Updates to the Spear Units, it makes them more dangerous to face and the game play more fun :)

- You can lure the Spearmen Units on to the bridge with their Charge Ability, which kills them because that area is designed as out of bound for them.

- I had a Legionnaire getting stuck on a Pot, it was only after I moved around him to his other side and the pot was no longer in his path to me that he managed to move away from the pot.
Edit: I managed to do it again and took a Screen Shot of it.

- If you walk around a Legionnaire that have been stunned with a Mace attack he will still turn around and confront you, if you run around in a circle around him he will kill spinning around on the same spot so he is always facing you, I expect that this is unintended, do to you never being able to backstab enemies if this is a feature, and not a bug.

- You can no longer run around during the Bat Form Reveal Event like you could in the previous patches. ( At least not if you summon the Bat Form with " T " I Have yet to try and run around during the normal Bat Form Reveal Event after wave 14 do to my game always having crashed before that.

- I picked up a Loot Card ( Brigand's Cuirass ) quickly pressed " Esc " then alt tapped, waited a few second and alt tapped back in the game, it was at that moment that the ( Brigand's Cuirass ) Loot Card Was Narrated to me while the game was still paused.

Crashes:
- My game just crashed after I started draining the Centurion just after the " Centurion Introduction Video " he had also just managed to use the Lightning Ability before my Exsanguinate hit him and started draining, it was at that moment my game froze and then crashed moments later.
- Edit: I recreated what made my game crash the first time, and this time my game did not crash after I started draining the Centurion.

- My game crashed for the 2'nd time, I was using Mist form Dash to dodge a Spearman Unit at the exact moment a Centurion called down the Lightning, the moment the lightning hit his sword my entire screen turned white/flashed and the game crashed.

- My game crashed for the 3'd time, moments after the first Centurion used the Lightning Strike ability for the second time, just as it hit his sword while I was pummelling him with left mouse button.

- My game crashed for the 4'th time while running around in Slow Motion.

- My game crashed for the 5'th time the moment the first Centurion used the Lightning Strike Ability.

- My game crashed for the 6'th time during wave 1 when I ran over the bridge and up to the Elevator, before that I had smashed every pit and toggled off blood and gore in settings under F2. Screen shot of the crash message is provided. ( The Unity Error Code is identical to the Crash Error Code I had in Patch 0.1.17 )

- My game crashed for the 7'th time during wave 12 when a Centurion Lightning Strike Ability hit his sword.

- 5 out of my 7 crashes have not only been on a wave with a Centurion, it was also just at or after the Lightning Strike Ability was activated.

Final Thoughts of this Patch 0.1.18:
- Crashes aside, This is by far the best version of the Demo we have ever had, hands down, no contest.

Attachments

• Something is wrong with the collissions 1 Patch 0.1.18.jpg
    Something is wrong with the collissions 1 Patch 0.1.18.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Enemy Drained during their introduction video 1 0.1.18.jpg
    Enemy Drained during their introduction video 1 0.1.18.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 3
  • Enemy Stuck on a Pot 1 0.1.18.jpg
    Enemy Stuck on a Pot 1 0.1.18.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Slow Mo Fighting looks Awesome 1 Patch 0.1.18.jpg
    Slow Mo Fighting looks Awesome 1 Patch 0.1.18.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Victor Close up 1 Patch 0.1.18.jpg
    Victor Close up 1 Patch 0.1.18.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Game Crashed 1 Patch 0.1.18.jpg
    Game Crashed 1 Patch 0.1.18.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Draining an already dead enemy 1 Patch 0.1.18.jpg
    Draining an already dead enemy 1 Patch 0.1.18.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 1
  • From this possition 1 0.1.18.jpg
    From this possition 1 0.1.18.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
To make sure it isn't overlooked in the wall of text above I'll post here how you can encounter and re-create the slow motion bug ( for scientific reasons only of cause )

How to re-create the Slow Motion bug in 2 single steps:
- Step 1: Play the game until you encounter an enemy and a introduction video to a new enemy type is being played.
- Step 2: Start Pressing " Esc " several times.
- Result: Every time you press " Esc " it will slow down the game down by an " Undetermined % number "

Last edited:
here are links to a couple of my VoDs showcasing a couple bugs.
First The slow motion one Temuldjin found
slow motion bug VoD

and one I came across and was able to reproduce a few times.
Stuck in place bug VoD
to get this one it seems to happen when you are in mist form
and directly after casting exsanguinate casting telekinesis.
Cannot remember if I was trying to move or not as well which might be another factor.
but it can be gotten out of IF you get attacked which is shown in the last bit of the VoD.

- Loot still cannot be picked up in while in mist form, or when you are in the Essence Realm.
Should we be able to do that? it kind of makes sense if we cant but thats just my opinion. I could see it for mist perhaps, but I wouldnt expect to pick up gear in the essential at all, at least not till we have actual enemies there.

Anyway my thoughts so far:

Big Plus: No one has mentioned it, but the end screen when you die in the essential is awesome, being able to see total waves and kills and blood is a nice touch.

Bugs:
I want to touch on @Temuldjin point of clipping has gone crazy. it only seems to be the front of some of the pillars the decorated ones. and also the back on one of them. Sorry I dont have a pic of which one specifically. (with the bridge on your back its on the left side of the arena. The right decorated pillar you can go behind.)

- There are several instances of audio overlapping other points of audio. Typically when you pick up a weapon or armour and then do anything else that would cause a new line. ie starting a new wave with an enemy intro or even being knocked into another state, or even at the point of true death.

Enemy Intros:
These are really nice, but they only play the first time you encounter them per instance of running the game. Meaning if I choose to quit and start over from the main menu the audio doesnt play again. Closing the game and starting allows you to hear it.
- My suggestion here is that the audio should always play when it should when starting a new run from the menu, and not play if we are retrying from the death screen.

End Screen:
- Time played continues to count as long as you stay on that screen
- Do Footman carrying a spear count as spearman or footman?
- What kind of Pie?

Should we be able to do that? it kind of makes sense if we cant but thats just my opinion. I could see it for mist perhaps, but I wouldnt expect to pick up gear in the essential at all, at least not till we have actual enemies there.
Here are the following reasons/examples why I think we should be able to pick up Loot Cards in other Realm's than the Physical.

1: It gives more freedom regarding game design and enemy types: for example, why bother kills enemy " x " when it can't drop loot because it always appear in the Essential Realm or worse, what ever loot it drops cannot be picked up do to it being dropped in the Essential Realm.

2: It can results in limitations on finding loot in the game when the game comes out, easy example, you won't need to explore for loot in the other realms if loot can only be picked up in the Physical realm.

3: Not all of the classes will have physical as their main Realm, which can be frustrating if they have to jump to other realm to pick up their loot.

Reactions: punkintheband
Big Plus: No one has mentioned it, but the end screen when you die in the essential is awesome, being able to see total waves and kills and blood is a nice touch.
I never got to notice this with the crashes I have had, in fact I haven't managed to get to the Bat Form Reveal Event Wave. My Sessions have crashed before I got that far.

Here are the following reasons/examples why I think we should be able to pick up Loot Cards in other Realm's than the Physical.

1: It gives more freedom regarding game design and enemy types: for example, why bother kills enemy " x " when it can't drop loot because it always appear in the Essential Realm or worse, what ever loot it drops cannot be picked up do to it being dropped in the Essential Realm.

2: It can results in limitations on finding loot in the game when the game comes out, easy example, you won't need to explore for loot in the other realms if loot can only be picked up in the Physical realm.

3: Not all of the classes will have physical as their main Realm, which can be frustrating if they have to jump to other realm to pick up their loot.
any class that would function in a specific realms is going to be able to get what they need in that specific realm. I can see the argument from a mist form perhaps, mist fills into the armour, but the vamp must go physical for it to even make a difference (unless is magick armour) and essential doesnt make sense atm. We arent even in a mist form for a long period of time anyway so it makes sense from a tactical point that you would have to choice when it safe to grab weapons or armour. in another light, if we had wolf form I would expect you to be able to pick up weapons and armour in that either. sometimes there is a trade off. imo because its a video game shouldnt be the only reason something does something. but its whatever the devs decide in the end.

any class that would function in a specific realms is going to be able to get what they need in that specific realm.
You would hope it's that's case, and I expect as much, but why makes it harder than it have to be and not just code it so loot can be picked up in any Realm? ( we got to expect other houses have other realms as well ) so not only from a gameplay perspective, but also from a design perspective it seems " easier " to make loot available in any and all realm than limit it, even if that limit makes logical sense.

It does not make sense to pick up physical items in a non physical state. It would also not make sense to be able to pick up magical or essential things in a physical state. Only thing I would recommend being able to grab in any state might be the ability tarot cards

It does not make sense to pick up physical items in a non physical state. It would also not make sense to be able to pick up magical or essential things in a physical state. Only thing I would recommend being able to grab in any state might be the ability tarot cards
Logically what you say is sound and make perfect sense.

My counter though is this: This is a video game, and it could result in unfun gameplay experienced if this was the case.

No bugs or crashes to report so far.

I like the introduction videos, very nice.
When I lift everyone in the air and then attack the target I've locked on to, am I supposed to dash into the air?
Love the end screen showing what wave and buckets of blood, nice.

I'd personally still want to see descriptions of what the abilities do in game, maybe start with just the melee attack and then gain an ability as the arena starts and the ability explained?

No bugs or crashes to report so far.
Lucky you, sadly I have.
I like the introduction videos, very nice.
I agree, they are very nice and I really like them.
When I lift everyone in the air and then attack the target I've locked on to, am I supposed to dash into the air?
Yes, if they are mid air, and you target and dash to them you are suppose to go to their location/position.
I'd personally still want to see descriptions of what the abilities do in game, maybe start with just the melee attack and then gain an ability as the arena starts and the ability explained?
As in a Narrative video of the explanation of " Exsanguinate " that shows and explains what the skill does?

This was a great update, I know it was most likely already in the works when I posted my report for 0.1.17 but I had mentioned shield guys moving, and spearmen disengaging after a charge to look for another opportunity.

Combat Is Def. much more difficult, which is great because it finally feels like a challenge. At the same time it is almost to the point where it is to difficult. Getting stun locked seems a bit to broken - If you get stunned with multiple enemies present, you are almost certain to be stunlocked and taken advantage of.

- I would suggest when you get stunned you gain a buffer where you cannot be stunned for 3-5 seconds afterwards.

Also with the increased difficulty it feels like we need to play quite a bit more by passively running around exsanguinating in physical / mist form almost "cheesing" the combat by not actually fighting.

- for this I would suggest the only way to actually kill an enemy unit is to maybe try only being able to kill a physical enemy in the physical realm (still be able to drain mana in mist form) and make exsanguinate in physical limited to a near death / stun much akin to blood omen. This would semi-force more engagement, at least with our limited capabilities within the demo.

more to come...