Dog Adopter
Grim Scribe
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Jul 1, 2020
+1
Here you go fellow gamers, a place just for you guys to give feedback for Patch 0.1.19

Bloodlust:
- The nerf to bloodlust gain is pretty brutal, I would say it's a pretty good balance update, with that said it's no longer a walk in the park.

Exsanguinate:
- Might be different with gear and minor tarot cards, but without it in the first few Waves it the % amount you drain / how fast you run out of mana is quite fast compared to the blood gain.

I love the new Powered up Exsanguinate! :D
- Edit: After this happens my Exsanguinate turned " Blue " instead of red in the Material Realm. Uploaded a Screen Shot of it.
- Edit: And, when I drain in the Essential Realm my Exsanguinate is both " Blue " and " Green " Uploaded a Screen Shot of it.

- At first I though It was a mistake when Exsanguinate started doing " double color " drains.

- Holding down Q and pressing " Esc " will cancel the skill.

- While having Wending Stream at level 5 and holding the skill down I was charged by a Spearman and knocked down, I continued to hold down Q to drain the enemies and the skill was not cancelled by the knock down, 3 enemies were dead before I managed to get back up.

- A maxed out Wending Stream is definitely strong, I am standing and draining 6 enemies at the same time in the Physical Realm and I am gaining mana, not losing it... Quick Tap Telekinesis have definitely been " Dethroned " as the strongest skill in our arsenal.

- With a maxed out Wending Stream I have noticed the skill continue to drain already dead Legionnaires.

Mist Form:
- I can now confirm that we can indeed pick up loot while using Mist Form Dodge and In the Essence Realm as written in the Patch Notes for Patch 0.1.19

- Just as I activated Mist Form Dodge I was struck by a charging Spearman, the moment the dodge was over my character fell over from the knockback effect that was delayed do to the Mist Form Dodge having struck me just before I entered it.

- After Jumping in to Ethereal Realm with exactly enough mana to get there, but no mana left to stay in it, then getting expelled back in to the Material Realm I have the " looks like I'm in the Ethereal Realm while being in the Physical Realm / Blue eyes bug "

- You no longer gets lifted 2 meters up in the air when you Mist Form Dash in to a Loot Card like you used to in Patch 0.1.18

Telekinesis:
- It's still possible to launch people up in the air then use Blood Waltz Dash to kill them mid air and then have the Enemies drop Loot Cards in out of reach places. ( I suggest that Loot Cards that spawn mid air would fall down to the ground level instead of hovering in out of reach places )

Other:
- We still can't " Toggle on " Strafing.

- If you Alt Tap during the Bat Form Reveal Event Wave it will delay the Sounds the Bat form make by how ever long you are alt tapped, as an example I was alt tapped for 15 seconds, so I heard the Bat Landing when it was already flying away and the sound of it flying away happened during Wave 6.

- After a Centurion activated his Bless Ability he just stood there, doing nothing, and led me left click him to death without resisting. ( 20+ hits )

- The Centurion's Knockback Effect From Bless range is broken huge, It feels like that even if you are 10+ meters away you still get knockdown.

- After having been Knock downed by a Centurions Bless I have been locked out of going in to the Essential Realm countless times while playing Patch 0.1.19
- Edit: This resets after you activate the next wave.

- The Centurion's Knock back can throw you up on to objects or out of bounds.

- Quite often I've found the Centurion's just standing still and do nothing.

- A Centurion used his bless to knock me in to the Essential Realm, when I got out of it from draining a Skelly Boi my arena lighting had changed, it's now in a permanent state of " the lightning strike just hit the sword, everything is hard and lit up in a yellow light " I took a Screen Shot of it.
- Edit: This effect lasted the entire wave, and most of the next wave, when it just for no appeared reason went back to looking normal, It lasted maybe 4 minutes.

- After Reaching Wave 5 and activate the Were Bat Form Reveal Event, instead of the Bat Form showing up this happened: " My camera zoomed into the floor to where I think the Werebat would spawn and is now stuck there "
Edit - After the above bug happened I pressed Exit and re-entered the Arena again, My character can now not move at all.
Edit - I had to close the game down and open it up again to be able to move.

- If you activate a voice line from a Loot Card just before you press the rune for a new Wave it will delay the new wave until the voice line is over, even if the Rune changes color and indicates a new wave is about to start.

- If right after you started a new Wave you managed to pick up a Loot Card it will delay the start of the Wave so the Loot Card can be narrated first.

- Duplicate loot can still drop: Here is a Screen Shot of it.
- Edit: 20+ duplicate Cards, I have had Duplicate Minor Arcana as well,

- For the first time I just had 3 of the same Loot Item drop, I had 3 Sun Shards dropped in the Arena at the same time, sadly I could not get A Screen shot of it.

- If you press " Esc " while a Loot Card is in the Arena it will continue to rotate.

- If you press " Esc " while a wave is just started and the " Wave Number is shown " it will slider off as it would if the game wasn't paused.

- Just picked up a Loot Card in the Essential Realm. ( So I can confirm that Loot can be picked up in all 3 Realm's )

- Just encountered the old: " The Rune " was glowing Red even though it was ready to activate for the next wave ( where it is suppose to glow Blue )
- Edit: it happened again: on Wave 102, 115 and wave 155.

- I managed to get to Wave 195, at that point I pressed " Esc " and took a break while cooking some quick dinner, I came back around 11-12 minutes later and the game had crashed. ( This was with Blood and Gore Toggled Off )

- Another attempt of the Wave Grind: My game crashed on wave 286. Somewhere around 4 to 4 and ½ hours playtime, I had 3 massive lag spikes that lasted between 4-6 seconds, 1 massive lag spike that lasted for more than 30 seconds, the game even stopped responding, twice before it started working again at wave 273 and then had the final crash at wave 286. Uploaded a Screen Shot of wave 280. ( This was with Blood and Gore Toggled Off )

- Another attempt of the Wave Grind: My game and Discord crashed on wave 286. After almost 5 hours of gameplay. This time with a new Error message: " Runtime error 203 at 0040964B " I took a Screen Shot of it.

- I've been doing a Blood and Gore run, anything after Wave 10 and getting 60 stable FPS was no longer an option.
- Edit: Past Wave 20 getting back to 60 FPS is now impossible, low 50's is the best I can get.
- Edit: At Wave 30 mid 40's what the best I could hope for.
- Edit: After Wave 60 I'm lucky to get 35 fps, and by Wave 80 I've been running around with 8-15 FPS. At this stage the game is unplayable in any and all meaning full way, there is no enjoyment in running around with this level of Frames and trying to play the game in any sense other than testing.
- Edit: I decided to call it quits at wave 100 with the Blood and Gore run. Uploaded a Screen Shot of it.

Attachments

• Multi Color Exsanguinate 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    Multi Color Exsanguinate 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Multi Color Exsanguinate 2 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    Multi Color Exsanguinate 2 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Bless Knockback 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    Bless Knockback 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Duplicate loot drops 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    Duplicate loot drops 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Bless gone wrong 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    Bless gone wrong 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Best Attempt 17 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    Best Attempt 17 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Wave 100 Blood and Gore run 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    Wave 100 Blood and Gore run 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Game Crashed 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    Game Crashed 1 Patch 0.1.19.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Varik Keldun
Wending Stream: Gets really overpowered when you get multiple Wending streams. Managed to get 6 streams at once where all enemies were locked down and the lower strength enemies died really fast meaning any enemies I couldn't grab would get grabbed quickly. Managed to get to wave 56 easily as after a point with the other magic buffs, I was no longer loosing magick even when I decided to drain a single target and instead gaining magick back. While wending streams is a good addition, maybe each additional stream restore less comparatively to the initial 1. That way a player like me who gets all the buffs can't just ignore enemies even if they've been blessed and just continue to drain everyone.
Centurions: A good edition though a bit of a problem, a centurion can blessed another centurion. While not initially a problem I saw that when they blessed they no longer had a massive AoE. However when more appeared and one blessed and managed to bless other centurions, those ones that were blessed can still bless again occasionally. This made it hard to know which one I could have an easier time dealing with without ragdolling me.
Another problem on this end was with multiple bless' going out I could be sent straight into the essential by either being forced into ragdoll for such a long time I couldn't get up and get beaten down with only some control with it via mist form.
Additional notes
-Like Temuldjin said Centurions would tend to just stand there and not move, while sometimes they would react if I hit time, sometimes they would just stand there and let me kill them.

Additional note, seems like the amount of blood that stacks up wave after wave causes frame drops. When I stopped at wave 56, I couldn't look into the center of the arena because my frame rate would drop dramatically.

Last edited:
I havent played the demo yet for this update but wanted to add this just so its here:

Considering we will be competing against each other in the arena now (going for that highest wave count) it would be a good idea that in the end screen where is tallys our scores and such that there is some sort of visual or something that notes if infinite health or something was ever turned on.

I dont think anyone would lie and achieve something high and say they did it legit, but ive got my eyes on some of you lol

• Agree
Reactions: Temuldjin
alright, as Mario would say.... Here we go!!

Best patch by far! great job Dev team!

GAME STABILITY
- I did get a few hiccups in the later stages (waves 55+) where my game would stall / lag for a half second or two but I never actually crashed.

AUDIO
- The annoyance of the overlapping SFX from telekinesis and when restarting the game without closing it out completely have finally been fixed.
- The new radio play is awesome, can't wait for everyone else to check it out.
- Only heard Viktor say "Vae Victus" a small handful of times, either I did not notice them, they were to quiet, or the amount of times he does this has been reduced.

MAJOR TAROT CARDS
- Not much to say here, the additional costs to telekinesis and early exsanguinate feel alright to me.

MINOR TAROT CARDS
- The Wending Stream tarot card feels like a great addition to the minor arcana card.
- Taking out Dispossession, a non-essential card (hehehe) seems like a good choice as we are not really worrying about Essence at the moment and seemed a bit redundant.
- Relentless Thirst, this minor arcana was not added into the patch notes, but what I think it does is prevent getting stunned from hitting empowered shields. Felt like a treat to not worry about being stunned when accidently swinging into a shielded guy.
- Fully powered up (5/5 Sorceress blood, 5/5 Wending Stream, 5/5 Hemomancy) Exsanguinate feels a bit to strong, being able to sit in the physical realm, stun and drain all of the enemies without having to worry about mana or any negative repercussions feels a bit cheesy.

ENEMY UNITS
- The general animations for all the enemy units looks great.
- Spearmen feel a bit better balanced, still hard when you have 4-5 spearmen charging in succession when you get stunned by the first one though.
- Centurions
- The range on their bless ability feels really large, almost to large. I know it was mentioned that there are plans to add an indicator as to the range of the bless just thought this was worth mentioning.
- The timing on their bless is really short with little time to react and get away.
- Three or more centurions casting bless in succession will send you to essential realm 99.9% of the time and it is unavoidable.

THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE
- Without having the inventory screen maybe we could get a way to switch to weapons we have picked up before (pressing 1-9 or left bumper / right bumper on the controller) it is quite annoying when you have a sunshard and pick up a curved blade on accident.
- Some way to see progress like we get on the death screen, kills / time played ect. when hitting pause / escape.
- A timer display in game.

BUG / GLITCHES
- Using the "always play cinematics" in the debug menu made it to where EVERY footman walking into the arena played the intro video.
- After disabling "always play cinematic" my camera got locked into the floor facing a single direction.
- After being knocked into the essential realm some Centurions bug out and go completely idle while others will stand there until you get close and then start attacking.
- Shortly into my playthrough I had a minor glitch were my eyes were blue and armor were was ash grey and wavy (looked like wraith armor and it was pretty cool!)
- While using exsanguinate, you can continue to hold down its button, dash and still continue to feed.
- Had a few instances where exsanguinate was still pulling from enemy units who were dead.
- Had one instance where I was stuck in the physical realm, I could dash but I could not transfer into mist form. It did clear up after a short time.
- After coming out of essential realm was being hit by what appeared to be non-blessed weapons while in mist form (assuming the weapons were still blessed from the centurions but visually they were not) VoD link on a second look the enemy weapons still have the glow effect but not the full weapon glow.

Video is highlights of my stream where I encountered most of the bugs.
bug / glitch highlight
first bit is showing off the intro video bug.
at aprx 4:45 is where the camera gets locked in place.
at aprx 8 minute mark I start showing off multiple instances of round starts where I get knocked into essential realm and centurions get idle animation

Last edited:
  • Magus - Great Design Input
Reactions: Temuldjin
Overall thoughts on Patch 0.1.19:
- I'm repeating myself here, Best Patch to date, the game really feels like it's come together here in Patch 0.1.19
The nerf to the gain of Bloodlust and cost increase of using Exsanguinate makes the earlier waves harder and more of a challenge, in contrast when you have all minor arcane maxed out at 5/5 the game becomes quite a lot easier do to the increase in power you've gained from improving the skills, you are by no means immortal and if you don't pay attention to your surroundings it is quite easy to get knocked in to the Essential Realm, and if that happens to often it's game over. Now with that said, if you do have good spatial awareness, and pay attention to the enemies types, and take advantage of the Arena layout and moving around within it, as Varik said, it can become quite easy to " cheese " the waves with Exsanguinate.

Things that needs to be highlighted:
- You should not be able to continue draining enemies while being knocked downed by a Spearman charge. The Knock down should stop the skill.
- I don't mind the brutal follow ups the Spearmen often do after you have been knocked down by the Bless AOE Stun, it feels like good team work from the enemies and it makes perfect sense that enemies would work together to take you out while you are knock down or stunned. With that said, the actual range of the knock down is to big, I suggest either decreasing the range of the stun and increase the range of the actual bless effect, or make it much more obvious if you are with in, or outside of the range of the stun: One way that could be done would be a big summoning circles on the ground with the same color of the blessed weapons.
- Managing to use the Mist Form Dodge just as you getting struck by a charging Spearman should not result in dodge and then the moment the dodge ends your Character gets knocked down do to the knock down effect of the skill, either you should be able to dodge the attack entirely, the knock down should not be delayed do to you managing to activate the Mist Form Dodge, either you should dodge it completely or you should get knocked down.

Gameplay Perspective from a player with Keyboard and Mouse:
- I would love to be able to " Toggle " Strafe on again, like we could do several patches ago instead of having to hold down Shift to be able to strafe.
- It would be nice if picking up a Loot Card would not Delay the beginning of the next wave as it does right now.
- As of right now in Patch 0.1.19 you have to play with both Blood and Gore toggled off for a smooth experience, it's a shame, but it is what it is.
- I wish it was easier to have some mid air combat, right now we are spending most of our mana to launch people up in the air and we are praying our Blood Waltz Dash doesn't decide to teleport us over to an enemy on the ground instead of one of the ones in the air ( this is without playing with Locked On )

Last edited:
  • Useful
Best patch by far! great job Dev team!
Wholeheartedly agree! Patch 0.1.19 is a fantastic patch and is actually starting to feel like an actual game and not just a Pre Alpha Combat Demo Room.
GAME STABILITY
- I did get a few hiccups in the later stages (waves 55+) where my game would stall / lag for a half second or two but I never actually crashed.
Agreed, as long as you play with Blood and Gore Toggled off, I've only experienced some " scary " lag spikes after wave 100+ And I have only experienced 2 crashed this Patch, 1 on Wave 195 and another on Wave 286.
MINOR TAROT CARDS
- The Wending Stream tarot card feels like a great addition to the minor arcana card.
- Taking out Dispossession, a non-essential card (hehehe) seems like a good choice as we are not really worrying about Essence at the moment and seemed a bit redundant.
- Relentless Thirst, this minor arcana was not added into the patch notes, but what I think it does is prevent getting stunned from hitting empowered shields. Felt like a treat to not worry about being stunned when accidently swinging into a shielded guy.
- Fully powered up (5/5 Sorceress blood, 5/5 Wending Stream, 5/5 Hemomancy) Exsanguinate feels a bit to strong, being able to sit in the physical realm, stun and drain all of the enemies without having to worry about mana or any negative repercussions feels a bit cheesy.
Again, I agree with everything here, the 2 new added cards and how they work have improved the gameplay and made it even more fun.
Should some things maybe be tweaked? Sure, are they really fun as they are now? Yes! With that said, eventually when all Tarot cards have been maxed out you end up in a situation where using Exsanguinate almost all the time is the correct choice, which is a shame, but it is almost most definitely a good change of phase to how Quick Tap Telekinesis used to be your " Go To " skill and back then before Minor Arcana Cards that skill used to be our strongest skill.

Which just makes me more exited to see the coming changes/updates to the Minor Arcane for the other skills, upcoming new skills and buffs to current enemy units and new enemy units.
Is the Current Maxed out Exsanguinate way stronger than anything else? yes, but I don't really want to suggest any nerfs to a skill in a vacuum when we don't have the fully picture of even the minor arcana for Dance Macabre, Mist Form or Telekinesis led alone all the other skills we haven't heard of before.
THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE
- Without having the inventory screen maybe we could get a way to switch to weapons we have picked up before (pressing 1-9 or left bumper / right bumper on the controller) it is quite annoying when you have a sunshard and pick up a curved blade on accident.
- Some way to see progress like we get on the death screen, kills / time played ect. when hitting pause / escape.
- A timer display in game.
Yes to all of these things please, if there is 1 thing that's " not fun / frustrating " right now in the Demo it's when you finally have the weapon you want and you accidently pick something else up and you loose it.
BUG / GLITCHES
- After being knocked into the essential realm some Centurions bug out and go completely idle while others will stand there until you get close and then start attacking.
- Shortly into my playthrough I had a minor glitch were my eyes were blue and armor were was ash grey and wavy (looked like wraith armor and it was pretty cool!)
- While using exsanguinate, you can continue to hold down its button, dash and still continue to feed.
- Had a few instances where exsanguinate was still pulling from enemy units who were dead.
- Had one instance where I was stuck in the physical realm, I could dash but I could not transfer into mist form. It did clear up after a short time.
- After coming out of essential realm was being hit by what appeared to be non-blessed weapons while in mist form.
I've had all of these 6 things happen to me too.

I noticed a few times the Centurions stood in the middle doing nothing until I went near them and then they started attacking again.
They wouldn't even turn to face me.
I've had the exact same thing happen both in the Original Patch 0.1.19 and the hotfix version.

Hopped into the hotfix to check it out.
Something I noticed. after a few runs the stats at the end persist to a point that I dont know what I did that run. Maybe they can be presented in a way that I know lifetime and that most recent run. ie Kills (total) (highest amount in a single run) (amount in recent run) (4367) (27) (457)

Another thing i would like to see on the main screen our highest wave achieved or something similar so when we load up we know what to shoot for or something like that.

**EDIT**
There was some discussion amongst friends about an idea of the demo having a cutoff and just ending. I would rather see the demo remain endless...and the crashing be out endpoint lol, but maybe there is a way for the demo to save our stats every 50 levels. So if the demo crashes at wave 285 there is at least still data showing the stats from the most recent level of 250

Last edited: