OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Prophet
Vampire Scholar
Harbinger
Jan 10, 2020
Michigan
www.twitch.tv
The movement (strafing) while targeting was noted on the thread Ipos made but I figure I would reiterate it here.

I have noticed quite a few pathing errors where my character will get locked into a pre mist dash attack. This sometimes found the pathing a few seconds later and continued the combat. Other times I would have to wait for the enemy to get to me. I have had once instance where it broke the game and had to exit, could not use any skills, attacks or movement aside from spinning in a circle.

not sure if it was intended or not but attacking now refills the physical meter and it feels nearly impossible to be taken down below 3/4th health unless they get a couple lucky hits back to back. (though it is quite fun at least for awhile to go quite a few rounds surrounded by enemies at full bloodlust and max health)

the mace aside from destroying armor quickly still feels lackluster as it does not stun and enemies can and will attack you mid hit. Easier to just keep swinging the sword and semi stun lock then.

the Physical orb seems to drain a lot slower until you hit higher levels of blood lust.
the Magick orb still does not drain when you get pushed into the ethereal realm.
the Essential orb seems the same as previous patch.

Still noticing a drop in framerate while in ethereal realm.

do not notice the bloody footprints posted in the patch. - After sailor pointed them out I did actually start seeing them, as well as footprints in the blood.

Finally heard a Vae Victus!

The videos still loop and I still have to close game / restart, at least on Jacks video (keyboard and mouse no controller) pointer disappears and esc key does not work.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Ipols and Temuldjin
Maybe it was because I wasn't paying attention in the first version of the Demo: But I could have sworn that as soon as you drained an enemy you could move instantly after the drain attack animation started, and now in 1.6 you have to wait for the blood/essence to be absorbed before you are able to move. " You are locked in place until the blood reaches you " and this is not how it used to be right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Varik Keldun
Maybe it was because I wasn't paying attention in the first version of the Demo: But I could have sworn that as soon as you drained an enemy you could move instantly after the drain attack animation was now, and now in 1.6 you have to wait for the blood/essence to get to you before you are able to move. " You are locked in place until the blood reaches you " and this is not how it used to be right?
yes, I did notice that one too I just forgot to mark it down, literally running in place for 2 seconds after using exsanguinate.

yes, I did notice that one too I just forgot to mark it down, literally running in place for 2 seconds after using exsanguinate.
Exactly, I'm am not the fan of my movement being restricted like that and hope it was some sort of bug and not a deliberate decision to change that.

not sure if it was intended or not but attacking now refills the physical meter and it feels nearly impossible to be taken down below 3/4th health unless they get a couple lucky hits back to back. (though it is quite fun at least for awhile to go quite a few rounds surrounded by enemies at full bloodlust and max health)
Sure, this makes you're character seem " Overpowered " however, it is also outright fun! to play this way :D

I'm just sitting here with a full bloodlust meter having a blast :D

Still noticing a drop in framerate while in ethereal realm.

do not notice the bloody footprints posted in the patch.
I can confirm both of these as well, noticeable framerate dropping and a lack of footprints.

Having poked around for a while I have figured out that the levitating or getting on top of enemies is related to the ones with shields. If you approach them or hit them seemingly towards the back edge of the shield, the space between the shield and their back, you get pushed up and onto the enemy. Using this has yielded... interesting results.
20220409114438_1.jpgRight now the best use I'm finding with the mace is to get the heavier armored enemies into a stun-ish state using the sword then getting a few hits in with the mace to strip the armor. This may be what was mechanically intended, but it still could use a bit more to make it a more useful attack.

I think that the not moving during exsanguinate may be on purpose. Feels like a draw back making you have to time your uses of it. More of a precision drain attack versus an "Oops I need heals button." I kinda like it to balance things out.

The foot prints are very faint but they are there for me so far.
footprints.jpg

Also have been unable to get the essential spirits into the physical realm since the patch so that may have had something to do with moving during exsanguinate.

I would like to see what the attacks do. Like how much damage, effect, weather we can or cannot move, drawbacks things like that. That way we could help with some balancing as well.

• Useful
Reactions: Temuldjin
Played about an hour. The bloodlust mechanic is a lot more useable now with the life-steal on hit but the effect might be a little bit too strong for the full game. Exsanguinate's usefulness is really diminished with that mechanic into play.

I didn't notice any footprints as well.

Zorin's Maw feels better being able to rotate while hitting with it. It would still be nice to have a step forward animation with it.

Noticed that you can get stuck on fallen armor and less often on fallen bodies.

Still no iframes or animation cancelling on the mist-form dash and I would like to see at least animation cancelling. Also it would be nice to be able to dash through enemies as it is, you know, mist form.

The enemy animations still look stilted although they are a bit better. The impact of enemy hits on the player should be more pronounced - currently the character only sways in place and is not able to attack for a short while and I am not sure if the second effect is not a bug. With the lifesteal and the really weak-looking enemy animations the attacks barely register as anything happening let alone a danger.

I did not notice an FPS dip when going into the essential realm but overall the FPS was around 30 which is kind of low given that I am running at only 1080p on an RTX 3070 mobile which is about 3060 desktop in terms of performance.

Also I am a bit curious what happened to the Open 3D Engine that was running the first demo. Unity is fine and everything but it's renderer does tend to have a particular blurriness and cartoonish look to it.

Reactions: Temuldjin and Ipols
Also have been unable to get the essential spirits into the physical realm since the patch so that may have had something to do with moving during exsanguinate.
It is still possible I pulled 1 two separate times.

Played about an hour. The bloodlust mechanic is a lot more useable now with the life-steal on hit but the effect might be a little bit too strong for the full game. Exsanguinate's usefulness is really diminished with that mechanic into play.

I didn't notice any footprints as well.

Zorin's Maw feels better being able to rotate while hitting with it. It would still be nice to have a step forward animation with it.

Noticed that you can get stuck on fallen armor and less often on fallen bodies.

Still no iframes or animation cancelling on the mist-form dash and I would like to see at least animation cancelling. Also it would be nice to be able to dash through enemies as it is, you know, mist form.

The enemy animations still look stilted although they are a bit better. The impact of enemy hits on the player should be more pronounced - currently the character only sways in place and is not able to attack for a short while and I am not sure if the second effect is not a bug. With the lifesteal and the really weak-looking enemy animations the attacks barely register as anything happening let alone a danger.

I did not notice an FPS dip when going into the essential realm but overall the FPS was around 30 which is kind of low given that I am running at only 1080p on an RTX 3070 mobile which is about 3060 desktop in terms of performance.

Also I am a bit curious what happened to the Open 3D Engine that was running the first demo. Unity is fine and everything but it's renderer does tend to have a particular blurriness and cartoonish look to it.
Agreed with the life steal being a bit too strong. Even getting my health down to half via passive drain a few hits against a fully armored enemy got me back to full health almost instantly. While it's a good idea, I think maybe halving the life steal might be a good idea, maybe even less, enough that a lone enemy is still no problem but a group is still a threat if met head on.