Ageless
OG 2020
Dog Adopter
Grim Scribe
Vampire Scholar
Harbinger
Jul 1, 2020
+1
Since no one else had made this post I though I might as well do it.

Quote from Patch 0.1.7

- Discovered a bug: While watching any Video in the Combat Demo I cannot see the cursor/mouse which makes exiting those video's a lot harder than it needs to be. ( After closing the game and opening it again I can now see the cursor... I have no idea how or why it disappeared before but it did ) So I would Like to Report a cursor disappearing bug.
- Edit: after having play for around 1 hour and exiting a play session I tried to open an Audio play and I yet again cannot see my cursor, so I was able to re-create the bug. I have now been able to re-create this 2 times.
- I've now figured out that this is a recurring bug.
No matter how many times I enter and then exit the arena, it will always result in there being no mouse cursor in any of the video section/or when you watch a video. (tarot cards, gameplay, radio plays) without fail the mouse cursor will not be there.
The only way I've found to get it back is to close the game down ( through the task manager ) and open up the game again.

I also think I know why this happens, the moment you enter the arena you will see your mouse curses fade away so it does not obscuring the gameplay session, I have a sneaky suspicion that what ever programmer-fu was used to make the cursor disappear is the culprit in there no longer being a mouse cursor in the Radio Plays after you quit the Combat Arena Room.

I only play on Keyboard and Mouse so I do not know if this bug also exists with controller.

Not much has changed since the last version. The audio effects on the telekinesis skill are effective to make the skill seem more impactful.

There's a bug if your mana runs out when channeling telekinesis in the ethereal realm you will get dropped to the essential realm and you will be stuck in the channeling pose and unable to move.

• Agree
Reactions: Temuldjin
played a few hours last night after the patch went live, then played a few more so far this morning.

GOOD STUFF
I don't notice any initial startup lag that was mentioned in the previous build.
new sound for Telekinesis is nice to have
new video explaining some mechanics is nice - would like to see it expanded upon like it was mentioned in the video.

BUGS AND OTHER BAD STUFF
-Lock on targeting and dodging - will only dodge towards your target.
-Lock on targeting seems to be the #1 cause for getting the stuck in place bug where you are unable to move or do any skills (though i have been able to dodge when they attack and get out of the locked animation a few times)
-I have managed to fall through the ground within the arena during normal combat.
-Exiting a match and starting a new one without closing the game out completly will result in the audio from the previous match to still loop.
-The main screen videos will still loop, as Temuldjin pointed out starting a match makes the cursor disappear which in turn causes you to force the game to close via alt+tab or task bar.
-The mace still needs worked on. Standing in place to attack and not advancing towards the enemies is a major factor to its lackluster feel. easier to quickly tap Telekinesis to knock down 5 guys and strip them of their armor from a distance.
-Not locking on to enemies while holding down danse macabre will sometimes make Zorin spaz out and bounce from target to target.

OTHER THINGS OF NOTE
-Shield guys can block your telekinesis attack.
-Blood leaching via combat only works on kill not during the fight. which in turns forces faster combat especially at higher bloodlust. My normal attack routine consists of Telekinesis, followed by danse macabre, move out of range and repeat.
-When using exsanguinate while having bloodlust going the music abruptly stops, it would be nice to have it fade out or some other audio rather than an abrupt cut off.
-The natural drain of the Ethereal / magick while in mist form, either being knocked into or switching manually feels a bit to fast, preforming exsanguinate on one target does not get you enough mana back to jump back into physical form.
--Would suggest setting all 3 forms to drain at the same pace as a no blood lust physical form, as the vampire is supposed to be the center balance between the trianary archetypes.

CARD SPECIFIC THOUGHTS
-Danse Macabre
--Overall damage feels like it is in a good spot at the moment not overly weak or strong.

-Zorins Maw
Good stuff.
--Tears through armor and has a nice stun effect, would be the only things I like about this card.
Bad stuff.
--Forced to stand in place while swinging.
--Feels outclassed by Telekinesis.

-Exsanguinate
-- Would like to see an indicator for how many enemies you will be drawing from.
-- Used in conjunction with a stun (Zorins Maw or Telekinesis) you are able to take them from full life to dead, feels a bit broken.

-Mist Form / dodge
--Locking on targets prevents dodging in different directions and only towards the enemy. making locking on more of a hindrance if you are trying to tactically retreat.
--Have noticed a lot less accidental switches to ethereal realm.

-Telekinesis.
--Feels a bit overpowered currently. 5 targets max which can be launched or knocked down, stunned and stripped of armor.
--Would like to see it possibly not strip the armor off foes, less targets, and maybe some fall damage when launched into the air. this would give Zorins maw more of a reason to be used rather than just reusing Telekinesis.
That's all I have for now. will post more later if I think of anything.

• Useful
- I find the " Flythrough " option in the main menu slightly misleading:

Combat arena
Greyed out Player Crypt
Patch Notes
>>> Flythrough <<<
Quit

My original expectation from Flythrough was the ability to fly around with " No - Clip " in the combat Arena Demo Room, not being showed the Flythrough Video, therefor if possible I suggested such a No-Clip feature.

- I can confirm that the Start up lag seems to be gone, or at least much less of an issue now.
I've only had 2 lag spike where my frames dropped down to 42 and 47 respectively at the beginning of a round.

- The quick tap use of the Telekinesis is the strongest skill we have had in any of the patches, even when lifesteal was broken good it's wasn't as strong as mass strip of Armor/knock 5 enemies down at the same time which Telekinesis offers us right now.

- It's possible to drain almost your entire amount of mana with on charged up Telekinesis Attack, this is either over excessive or seems like a mistake.

- Several times I have been able to get on top of shield units by using quick tap Telekinesis and then proceeding to use left mount button attacks while they have been knocked down, the knockback duration/the time it takes the shield units to get back up again is more than enough time to get on top of them when they stand up.
This seems to happen more often when you have a higher Bloodlust.

- If you are a little eager and attack newly spawned enemies with telekinesis it's possible to lob them backwards which results them in fall down the cliff / off the map, which lets be fair is hilarious... However, the enemies do not die from this resulting in you having no way end the wave do there still being enemies alive.
I've only noticed this happens when you " push " enemies off in the direction the Batform leaves the arena. ( it is most likely possible to do this in all 4 directions of the arena, I have just only been able to do so in that specific direction.

- A fully charged drain attack often drains 2 enemies at the same time in the " Skelly Realm/Essential Realm " is this by design? " you target 1 target, yet it also drains the closest skelly boi as well.

- There is a several second delay from you killing the last enemy in a wave to the rune in the middle of the Combat Arena to registering the round is over.

- Standing on top of the Rune when a round ends often results in the next round not starting until you move off the Rune and back on top of it again.

- Several times in this patch I have run out of combat to try and avoid a melee swing from an enemy only to get hit regardless even though I have to have been at least 1.5 Meters ( If not more sometimes ) away from the enemy who just attacked, which should be way out of their attack range.
Instead of running away from them. I've now begun to side step the attack, or running past the enemy/behind them in mid swing to avoid the attacks entirely.

- Using a Fully Charged Telekinesis Attack to throw the enemies up to the upper " balconies " will result in them, at least some of the time falling to their death when they walk over the edge.

- The mace even though it now stuns for several seconds is still the weakest attack in our arsenal and I feel like I have to force myself to use it, which is weird because In theory a several second stun attack should be very strong, but it simply misses to often / It's so slow you sometimes get hit before you strike the enemy making the whole attack redundant. ( We want to use it to stun our enemies so we won't take damage so if we take damage while performing the stun attack, then what's the point in using it in the first place? )

- The Mouse Cursor still disappears in the video sections after you exist an Game Session in the Combat Arena Room which forced you to close the game through the task manager.

- The mythological rumoured footprints in blood pool have finally been confirmed, they only last a few seconds before they fade away though.

- When you go between the Mana Realm and Essence Realm it is possible to spawn inside the skellies/the Skellies being stuck inside you.
However you can just run in any direction to fix this collision bug.

- Pressing T triggers the Batform Event even though it is not highlighted in the control explanation.
I can confirm that it works in all 3 Realms.

- While being in the Essential Ream, I pressing " Backspace " ( the button above " Enter " ) twice, which healed me and then that forced be back to the physical realm, It also forced all the Skelly bois with me.
Skelly Bois die from a single swing of the sword.
Skelly Bois die from a single strike of the mace.
If you use exsanguinate on the Skelly Bois they lose blood and die, not mana or essence as expected.
The Skelly Bois are immune to a quick tap telekinesis attack.
After having used a fully charged telekinesis attack on a Skelly Boi I got permanently stuck in the animation and had to exit the game.

- While watching the Tarot card video explanation I clicked on the " wheel " at the bottom right to see if I could toggle on subtitles, I could not, however what I also noticed was I was given Access to a weird " menu " in the top left corner of the screen, I checked and you can also see this menu on the other video's, I am not sure if this is working as indented so I took a screenshot of it.

Attachments

• Footprints Confirmed.jpg
    Footprints Confirmed.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Stuck in skelly 1.jpg
    Stuck in skelly 1.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Stuck in skelly 2.jpg
    Stuck in skelly 2.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Stuck in skelly 3.jpg
    Stuck in skelly 3.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Bat decided to spawn while i was draining skelli bois.jpg
    Bat decided to spawn while i was draining skelli bois.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Skelly bois chilling in the physical realm.jpg
    Skelly bois chilling in the physical realm.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Stuck in Telekinesis Animation.jpg
    Stuck in Telekinesis Animation.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Menu Example 1.jpg
    Menu Example 1.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
-Not locking on to enemies while holding down danse macabre will sometimes make Zorin spaz out and bounce from target to target.
I don't see this as a bug so much as a feature. It is reminisant of the Too Human gameplay and I actually like when it happens. I have been trying to make it happen more consistantly.

Reactions: Varik Keldun
I would be more okay with it if there were some benefit behind it, a knock back / knock down, or some sort of charge damage associated with pinball Zorin.

but in its current state, it feels (to me) more of an annoyance.

Example thought process.
I want to Telekinesis a group of say 3 guys then use danse macabre to dash in and hit them while they are down, I get 1 attack off. The next swing I am rushing off to one of the enemies I didn't knock down 30 feet away, then dashing to 1 or 2 more and by that time the guys I wanted to attack have already gotten back up.
now this of course does not happen all the time and I tend to group them up so there is less chance of rushing off into the distance but it has happened a few times.

Style points for being all over the battlefield? Sure.
Practical use of skills? Not so much.

Of course there is always the "then lock on to your target"
but locking on to targets feels (to me) like the #1 reason Zorin gets locked in place at the moment.

PS: opposing views are always welcome! thank you Purple.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Style points for being all over the battlefield? Sure.
Practical use of skills? Not so much.
It would only seem useful against low level enemies you could one shot.

It would only seem useful against low level enemies you could one shot.
there could be other benefits as well - interrupting spell casting, maybe a small fear effect(moral). breaking through an enemy formation (knockback / knockdown)
but to have them happen randomly defeats that purpose so it would have to be initiated specifically somehow (instead of holding maybe tapping or do a lock / next target / next target ) kind of setup

• Agree
there could be other benefits as well - interrupting spell casting, maybe a small fear effect(moral). breaking through an enemy formation (knockback / knockdown)
but to have them happen randomly defeats that purpose so it would have to be initiated specifically somehow (instead of holding maybe tapping or do a lock / next target / next target ) kind of setup
I agree with everything you just said.

Pro Tip, don't spawn the Vampire Bat Form ( By pressing T ) in the middle of a round, the legionnaires will kill you...

I just got myself Permanently Stuck mid animation after trying to use a fully charged Telekinesis Attack in the Magical Realm.

I ran out of mana and was knocked down to the Essential Realm, where I then was stuck mid animation without the ability to move.

I just got myself Permanently Stuck mid animation after trying to use a fully charged Telekinesis Attack in the Magical Realm.

I ran out of mana and was knocked down to the Essential Realm, where I then was stuck mid animation without the ability to move.
Not much has changed since the last version. The audio effects on the telekinesis skill are effective to make the skill seem more impactful.

There's a bug if your mana runs out when channeling telekinesis in the ethereal realm you will get dropped to the essential realm and you will be stuck in the channeling pose and unable to move.
don't say you weren't warned Temldjin :D

Last edited:
After spending 3 hours on " Painting the floor Red " the game is now struggling to get up to 30 FPS.

Lets be fair there is still room for: Moar Blood! however it's a shame the current build cannot keep up with the FPS loss generated after this tiny/minor amount of blood, I mean it only almost covered the entire floor of the Arena...

Attachments

• The Red Carpet.jpg
    The Red Carpet.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I found out T summons a giant bat. It looked AWESOME -- Not so great in the middle of combat. xD

I also got trapped in the nether. I could syphon life from the skeletons, but I eventually got stuck in a 'feed' animation and was unable to do anything short of quitting the game.

**Edit** Also, I wasn't seeming to move during my rend (MB2) attacks. The character would just stand still, and swing violently. Not sure if this is intended, but it made landing the moves a bit more 'skillful' than just basic melee attacks.

I found out T summons a giant bat. It looked AWESOME -- Not so great in the middle of combat. xD
I would like to point out that 13 hours before you posted this I had warned people about this, in this very topic no less, if you just scroll up a few posts you can see it...

Pro Tip, don't spawn the Vampire Bat Form ( By pressing T ) in the middle of a round, the legionnaires will kill you...

Now, with that said, it always looks cool when the Bat Form spawns :D

I also got trapped in the nether. I could syphon life from the skeletons, but I eventually got stuck in a 'feed' animation and was unable to do anything short of quitting the game.
There are actually several ways you can end up getting stuck mid animation like that in the current patch, you can also get stuck when you try and Charge up a Telekinesis attack and are struck while charging up, it especially happens when you go from 1 realm to the other.
So giving a detailed explanation could hopefully result in the Deadhaus Devs having an easier time identifying the problems when trying to " fix " them.

**Edit** Also, I wasn't seeming to move during my rend (MB2) attacks. The character would just stand still, and swing violently. Not sure if this is intended, but it made landing the moves a bit more 'skillful' than just basic melee attacks.
It have at least been like that since the beginning, it's why I personally almost never use the attack unless I'm trying something specific/testing something specific regarding the Mace skills. The mace skills feels like you have to set up the scenario just perfectly so it can work in your favour where all the other skills, and just the normal melee attacks just works better/are easier to use or are outright stronger ( Telekinesis )

Last edited:
I have not yet been able to to create the:
- Fully Charged Telekinesis Attack + Teleport with bloodlust combo to get out of bounds as we could in patch 0.1.7
- However I have been able to Teleport up in the air with the " Fully Charged Telekinesis Attack + Teleport with bloodlust combo " to enemies who have been flung up in the air, and this sometimes results in the remaining enemies having a hard time " Locating " my position on the map after I land.
The enemies continued to walk to the spot where I had teleported from, not where I was running around/currently standing at.

Edit: I have now been able to get out of bounds with this skill combo, It was a lot harder though.

Last edited:
I have managed a few times to get on top of the balconies at which point you can choose to OOB or drop back in the arena

• Informative
I have managed a few times to get on top of the balconies at which point you can choose to OOB or drop back in the arena
Ye okay, guess I haven't tried hard enough then :)