OG 2020
Zorins Treat
Grim Scribe
Prophet
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Oct 11, 2020
So from whats been said we will have a general customization of the age of our undead. Maybe a fledgling vampire to an old wise blood sucker.

My question is there a general time frame for what might be metamorphosis.

The Wight, Banshee, and even Vampire are all probably excluded from this (Vampire may have some perspective, as im sure you cant raise bones to be a vamp)

For the rest...what is the line in the sand? No longer human but more

Sorry I am not sure what your question is. Are you trying to see if we can have different ages for our characters? Like they were an adult or teen when they died? Or how long it takes for them to rise as undead after they die?

The talk about ages has been about the age of the world. There was a prior age of men (undead, gods, etc) that left artifacts that we may discover in the age that we are playing that will unlock secrets that may aid or hinder us. Like finding technology from the medieval age to make better weapons like blue steel.

There is also the talk of ages that relate to development. Like the 1st age is the alpha and 2nd age beta etc. I also believe when new factions enter the game they will signal a new age in the game world.

this I believe is referring to character creation - way back in the early days ( I feel old now ) Denis had brought up age of a new character, he also had brought up height and weight as well. and with those differences the possibility of having more speed / less hp or more magic ect. I do believe this idea was scrapped, at least in the part of it affecting stats.

there was no definitive answer, as far as I know, as to "how old" your character could be though...
an ancient liche from a time before deadhaus vs a recently self made one would look completely different though.

@Varik Keldun @Purple Gryphon

Sorry if it was unclear. Its more of a lore question. From the time a man decides to become a liche, how long is that creation process. How long for a Wraith to rise from the agony.

Reactions: Big Haddy
for a wraith it's simple the class discription states:
"For days, their bodies are mutilated, bringing them ever closer to the release they so desperately crave, but death is withheld from them. It is only once their soul straddles the boundary between worlds that the binding can begin. In this medial state, their soul is ensnared in accursed chains that prevent its crossing to the world of the dead. Trapped between realms, the tormented soul thrashes against its bindings, which only tighten as it struggles. Those that can endure this interdimensional shearing are irrevocably suspended between worlds, forevermore existing in both, but belonging to neither."

so 4 days :D maybe a week or two at most to get the subject on to proper place - the binding would be quite quick i would imagine as the soul is trying to escape it gets caught up and begins thrashing about becoming trapped and chained.

as far as the Liche it would be a much harder question to answer and purely dependant on the individual. their will, endurance and their ability to learn.
"Over decades, they suffuse their own bodies with necromantic energies, withering flesh, hollowing bones, and blackening organs. As their bodies slowly wane, these nascent Liches learn to sustain and control themselves through magick alone. Once the fetters of their flesh have sufficiently decayed, they can willfully project their souls into a ritual vessel. It is the binding of soul and phylactery that marks the birth of a true Lich"

it states over decades (so at least more than 20+ years of dedication) but this could be 90 years as well sustaining themselves through magick to live longer to figure out the final steps to fully become a liche. (the binding of the soul and phylactery which would be the length of the time it took to cast the ritual)