Ageless
OG 2020
Zorins Treat
Dog Adopter
Magus
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 20, 2019
I've been thinking of some "battery" type sources for the class, things that can be held onto and used later. I designed them around the concept that you could carry as many as you could get your hands on but creating consequences for carrying more than you are currently able to handle. Also it's a work in progress and I haven't thought of anything for the Wight and Vampire yet.

Liche
Souls, ripped from the dead and bound to the Liche's current vessel. They are converted to mana and drained until depleted for whatever the Liche needs them for. The price of carrying more souls than they are currently able to handle is that it restricts their ability to regenerate mana, even beginning to drain it if they continue to collect souls.

Banshee
Echos, screams of fear from the fallen that reverberate throughout the Banshee's body and can be directed towards fueling their powers.The more the Banshee carries the harder it is to contain them and go undetected, making stealth impossible after a certain threshold has been crossed.

Ghoul
Corpulance, the ghoul takes on extra weight to the point of morbid obesity when consuming more than is required that can be expended later in times of famine and need. The consequences of taking on too much extra weight results in a slowing of the ghoul's movements, as well rendering them unable to keep their armor equiped as it no longer fits.

Wraith
Dead-eyes, the eyes of the fallen with the pain they held at the time of their demise sealed within them and carried within lids that are scattered throughout the Wraith's body. The pain can be called upon to power the Wraith's abilities, closing the eyes with the lids vanishing from the body once they are used up. The eyes become a vulnerablility for the Wraith as they take on too many, lowering their defense more and more as they increase the number of eyes their body carries past their current threshold.

Revenant
Aura of Wrath, glyphs ingrained in the armor of the Revenant. They contain the aura's of the vanquished, their anger and fury that can be channeled later. The more glyphs the Revenant carries beyond what they can contain the greater their own extends outward, making their presence felt from further away and leading to more enemies converging upon them from the area.

Last edited:
A blood vial might be too obvious for the vampire. Could slow movement as speed seems to be the vampire's specialty. Maybe a some point it could stop their ability to transform into the bat form.

Reactions: Livin
A blood vial might be too obvious for the vampire. Could slow movement as speed seems to be the vampire's specialty. Maybe a some point it could stop their ability to transform into the bat form.

I was thinking of something involving the excess blood collecting in the air behind the vampire, taking the shape of a disc that spins as the blood circulates or maybe even something more flamboyant like a pair of wings.

Attacking their speed would be a great consequence. I was thinking about the blood possibly going bad, that so long as you don't take on too much it will last indefinitely in that state. If you take on more than you can sustain then the excess will eventually go toxic if not used promptly and taint the rest of the supply, including what the vampire has in their body and that could slow them down. The more they exceed their recommended supply, the quicker the blood will turn.

I was thinking of something involving the excess blood collecting in the air behind the vampire, taking the shape of a disc that spins as the blood circulates or maybe even something more flamboyant like a pair of wings.

Attacking their speed would be a great consequence. I was thinking about the blood possibly going bad, that so long as you don't take on too much it will last indefinitely in that state. If you take on more than you can sustain then the excess will eventually go toxic if not used promptly and taint the rest of the supply, including what the vampire has in their body and that could slow them down. The more they exceed their recommended supply, the quicker the blood will turn.
Like that old blood coagulates, so having a steady influx of fresh blood will keep a power surge constant. If the Vampire has too much blood, more blood becomes exposed in the area behind them and more begins to coagulate, leading to a faster loss of power. What's more is that the the coagulated blood might trap some other blood and makes it into a kind of toxic poison, that if the vampire does not get rid of, begins weakening their powers even more than with no blood.
Great power and great weakness being held on a very fine balance of blood.

Like that old blood coagulates, so having a steady influx of fresh blood will keep a power surge constant. If the Vampire has too much blood, more blood becomes exposed in the area behind them and more begins to coagulate, leading to a faster loss of power. What's more is that the the coagulated blood might trap some other blood and makes it into a kind of toxic poison, that if the vampire does not get rid of, begins weakening their powers even more than with no blood.
Great power and great weakness being held on a very fine balance of blood.
Exactly!

Also recently thought of a more subtle version of how the blood could be represented. I put it outside the body because didn't want it to be like the ghouls where they swell in size; but perhaps they could be engorged, their veins that is.

As you take on more than you can't handle your blood vessels become increasingly visible as the veins and arteries swell to accommodate the extra supply; and it begins to turn if not used after a certain amount of time, turning the engorged vessels black.

Exactly!

Also recently thought of a more subtle version of how the blood could be represented. I put it outside the body because didn't want it to be like the ghouls where they swell in size; but perhaps they could be engorged, their veins that is.

As you take on more than you can't handle your blood vessels become increasingly visible as the veins and arteries swell to accommodate the extra supply; and it begins to turn if not used after a certain amount of time, turning the engorged vessels black.
Okay this is a bit of my biology nerd side coming out but it could work like this.
The ghoul ingests blood to act as a way to bring more oxygen to it's muscles faster, causing the muscles to swell. After ingesting too much blood the muscles swell a bit to much and begin to break the skin. Naturally it begins to bleed and coagulate, the coagulation blocks of veins leading to these muscles, causing no blood to get to them. The Blood unable to exit the muscles begins to turn toxic due to not being able to move and possibly the cold nature of the ghouls body. They are undead after all. The toxic blood begins seeping into the muscles, weakening them, making not only their strength less, but might also weaken natural durability. The blood unable to enter the muscles then begin a sort of feedback, seeking a way to go, and have only one way, out where it came in. This could stun the ghoul for a few seconds and they are unable to contain that much blood, opening them up in a weak state making it a possibly fatal mistake for ingesting too much blood.

Okay this is a bit of my biology nerd side coming out but it could work like this.
The ghoul ingests blood to act as a way to bring more oxygen to it's muscles faster, causing the muscles to swell. After ingesting too much blood the muscles swell a bit to much and begin to break the skin. Naturally it begins to bleed and coagulate, the coagulation blocks of veins leading to these muscles, causing no blood to get to them. The Blood unable to exit the muscles begins to turn toxic due to not being able to move and possibly the cold nature of the ghouls body. They are undead after all. The toxic blood begins seeping into the muscles, weakening them, making not only their strength less, but might also weaken natural durability. The blood unable to enter the muscles then begin a sort of feedback, seeking a way to go, and have only one way, out where it came in. This could stun the ghoul for a few seconds and they are unable to contain that much blood, opening them up in a weak state making it a possibly fatal mistake for ingesting too much blood.
Is that meant for the vamp bing drinking blood, because I love it!?

I love this discussion. The future of games is working the community to make the game better, and I think these ideas are great!

Thanks!

Also quick question, what is going to power the Wight? I want to say I heard it somewhere but it completely escaped me.

• Happy
Reactions: Denis Dyack
Thanks!

Also quick question, what is going to power the Wight? I want to say I heard it somewhere, but it completely escaped me.

I don't think we have talked about this yet, and the Wight is an extremely different class from typical RPGs. It is Essence or life energy that powers the Wight, but for that to make sense, you would have to understand how the gameplay construction of the class.

The first thing I think when I hear it's powered by life energy is something slowly walking through grass, and as it walks, the grass quickly wilts and dies in it's presence. If the Wight simply grabs a persons head, and the person rapidly turns into a dried up corpse that is an amazing image of how it gains energy.

• Friendly
Life energy, hmm, perhaps an accuracy debuff could do the trick? Taking on more and more past the threshold causes them to become hyperactive and unable to settle themselves, resulting in their ability to aim becoming increasingly compromised as it builds past the limit. If we're using crosshairs in this game it could translate into the player having to constantly refocus them or time the attacks around when they think they'll be on the mark.

maybe the wight can be like Imhotep from The Mummy movies. its a pair of bones first and as it drains peoples life essence it reforms itself to a more human form.

the only other thing I know about wights is from GOT, an undead being who cant die unless using a special material or weapon. other than that if you cut off its head itll keep going. Even the head will still try and bite you.
without googling I know DnD has wights if im not mistaken.

maybe the wight can be like Imhotep from The Mummy movies. its a pair of bones first and as it drains peoples life essence it reforms itself to a more human form.

the only other thing I know about wights is from GOT, an undead being who cant die unless using a special material or weapon. other than that if you cut off its head itll keep going. Even the head will still try and bite you.
If not for the Wight, I think it wound be cool for the Liche, like a player option to vainly use mana or reduce their mana regeneration to sustain the looks of whatever vessel they currently have.

I really like the idea of that! Mayhaps the Wight starts out only in "Essence" form and has to drain victims with artifacts in order to construct a "body" for itself to manifest physically.

I just thought of something regarding the consequences for carrying beyond one's capacity. They could also function as a positive depending on how one wishes to play.

Let's use the vampire as an example. The concept is that if it consumes and stores more blood than it can handle then the blood will eventually go bad within the body if not used before a certain time, resulting in a speed debuff and possibly even damaging to the health. This might seem detrimental, but there is another way to look at it. In this state, the blood might hold the vampire back as a warrior; but the blood itself doesn't have to be useless and could empower the vampire as a caster, putting that bad blood to use in being able to perform spells more frequently and possibly even enabling access other spells that would otherwise be impossible under normal conditions.

Essentially I'm saying that there could be at least two states within a class, the normal one where you stay within your resource limit and the other where you exceed it. Each state would serve as a subclass, achieved according to that instead of by choices on a skill tree and with the possibility to freely switch between either subclass by simply changing that one aspect of play.