I've created a new forum topic with suggestions for the potential PVP gameplay mechanics of Gigahaus. While mostly focused on Gigahaus vs. Deadhaus, I believe they might work considerably well for other Houses as well. I made a number of assumptions and generalizations in order to not become too complex, but I think a number of them can be adjusted or individually attributed to specific classes depending on need.

Here is the thread.

Hmmm... what if they're both? I'm not basing this on any existing lore, but it might be interesting if they start out as craftable minions, but after a while, as they experience the world and their masters more, eventually develop a mind of their own and become player-controlled (when a new Golem character is created).

Wouldn't it be hilarious if your trusty old helper suddenly ran off, or just started talking to you? (Would need some rules and restrictions, of course, or else it will quickly frustrate players.)

Maybe they could treat them as separate "races"? If golems are created through some ritual than it could be that a non perfect execution may end in unpredictable results, for example the golem may awaken and rage to everything that move (creator included), or they don't react properly to orders or they just don't rise.
What if sometimes due to an imprecise/incorrect executed ritual they gain self awareness and free will?

Or if they are portrayed as a giant race, maybe they are on a completely different level compared to the golem you may be able to craft, self aware, capable of acting and reason without the need of orders, incredibly smart, creatures artificially made that wiped out whatever race/civilisation that manage to discover how to create these beings (terminator movies style), and so the lore reason players and the rest of the world would be able to craft only the classic golems.

Anyway one cool thing about the golems is that there could be variants beside the iconic clay type (metal, flesh, ecc. ) so they could look potentially very different from one another, and if they were craftable maybe even the "materials" you would have to collect may have to change depending of what type of golem the player is attempting to craft, that would be fun (it would also be cool if the quality/different types of the materials could influence the stats and even the skills and the way the golem fight).

I've been thinking over what happens if you die, if there is a narrative way to come back and I've got a few thoughts I'd like to share.

When it comes to those whose body is made of elements like Ents, Jotuns, Titans, and possibly Golems I suggested that their crafting could be done internally, that they could be their own walking sanctuary. I'd like to revise the sanctuary bit and say that their sanctuary is back where they first broke free or emerged, that the one they carry is a secondary one where they house their workshops. When they are first born at that sanctuary it is at a smaller size that grows as they build themselves up. When they die their spirit or whatever you'd like to call it is called back to that initial sanctuary where new bodies are made for them at that smaller size; but they can return to where their larger bodies fell and reassimilate them.

When it comes to the others like the cyclop, minotaurs, and behemoth I've something for each of them.

For the cyclops their consciousness is pulled back to their people where they are placed inside of another cyclops that is a willing vessel.

For the minotaur there is a connection between them and their brood, by devouring the flesh of their fallen they gain their experience and the fallen live on that way.

For the behemoth I got this idea from Hellboy, with their sanctuary being a nest full of eggs, when one of the behemoth dies they are regrown inside one of those eggs and burst out of it.

It may be early, but after looking at Momento Mori it would appear that the Jotun has been confirmed.

Reactions: Golden Xan
It is unclear to me what kind of Giant that was. It is meant to be obscure, but from the shape of its right foot I'd say it has a lupine descendancy. Its foot looked like that of a wolf, or a humanoid wolf. From the words spoken, and the chilling that came with it, you'd imagine that it has powers related to cold indeed. I really expected there to be one ice-related Giant at least, because so many giants in folklore come from Nordic tales.

I'm making a post about everything I think we can infer from Memento Mori, and when I'm ready I'll talk a little bit more about it. I don't have much to add though. I'm surprised that the Giants are presented as one of Deadhaus' enemies already... I thought they would take some time to show up, but that can serve as hyping for the future of the game right from the get go.

Reactions: Livin
It is unclear to me what kind of Giant that was. It is meant to be obscure, but from the shape of its right foot I'd say it has a lupine descendancy. Its foot looked like that of a wolf, or a humanoid wolf. From the words spoken, and the chilling that came with it, you'd imagine that it has powers related to cold indeed. I really expected there to be one ice-related Giant at least, because so many giants in folklore come from Nordic tales.

I'm making a post about everything I think we can infer from Memento Mori, and when I'm ready I'll talk a little bit more about it. I don't have much to add though. I'm surprised that the Giants are presented as one of Deadhaus' enemies already... I thought they would take some time to show up, but that can serve as hyping for the future of the game right from the get go.
I did find it a bit funny though in Memento Mori as the dead went, "Okay we chased living now we're just chilling. Oh? Something else is killing the living? FIGHT PARTY!"

Reactions: Livin
I'm surprised that the Giants are presented as one of Deadhaus' enemies already... I thought they would take some time to show up, but that can serve as hyping for the future of the game right from the get go.

I'm not actually expecting to encounter them until the beta at the earliest. If I understand things right the alpha is all about the first age, with us taking on and fighting the human kingdom like mentioned in the video.

Reactions: Golden Xan
Just some thoughts on the giants.

Perhaps for gigas one could focus on the origin of the creatures for the different classes like with the undead.

So for example perhaps the Troll should be the vampire of the race, a general creature that existed in the world before and breeds like any normal creature with some elemental aspects by turning to stone in the daylight, perhaps they are some sort of earth nature spirit. Ogres, Ice giants and fire giants could be types of trolls.

Now there could be the Giants, Titans or Onis or something. These would be humans that attained giant monstrous forms through ancient rituals and hosting nature spirits, like a Lich. This could also cover animals that are chosen by spirits to be their vessel. Peaceful cohesion.

Then there is the Caliban, I’m not really a fan of minotaurs however there could be a good idea in the legend of its birth. The Caliban could be created from eldritch experiments creating deformed chimeric abomination. Infusing beasts with powerful nature spirits for wendigo or minotaur like beasts or exposing humans to bestial or demonic spirits creating deformed monsters like Cyclopses or misshapen Quasimodo like mutants. Forced cohesion.

Another archetype would be the Golems, this is when a powerful nature spirit animates the elements around it to protect the world from the unnatural, Rock Golem, Ent and the like. Magic being creates mock body.

Perhaps similar to the ghoul there could be an undead gigas, when a particularly powerful nature spirit is killed or a spirit is trapped and brought to near death it will take on a less stable desperate form. This creates a wild creature desperate to stave off oblivion. Mud men, swamp things, corpse or bone golem, undying troll zombies could be examples. Weak magic being creates unstable body.

Another origin idea is a nature spirit attaining a material form through sorcery or sheer power or something. Instead of a golem puppeteering the elements, this could be something more like a demon or deity, a spiritual being manifesting flesh. Not sure what type of giant that would be an Asura, Djinn or Hecatonchires like creatures. Magic being attains real body.

The troll lineage is what happens when a manifested spirit exists in the world for so long it loses its impressive magic but becomes a more real creature.

Not sure about the last one. The Caliban could be separated into humanoid abominations Cyclops and Hunchbacks and Chimeras the bestial hodgepodge monsters. Or perhaps some sort of amalgamate spirit where many spirits coalesce to make giant amalgam ghosts or something. Like a Gashadokuro or many animal spirits making a spirit beast or something.

So, the main triad I guess would be.

Powerful nature spirits affecting the elements. Classic Golems

Powerful nature spirits affecting living things. Giant Creatures

Powerful nature spirits made manifest? Abstract Deities

Reactions: Temuldjin