OG 2020
Dog Adopter
Grim Scribe
Eternal Champion
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Feb 24, 2018
I know it is not totally original but maybe there could be a cool Deadhaus spin on it. This is my favorite mode in Gears as I am more coop than competitive. Most of the games I play are for the story and the world but I still like challenging gameplay.

So what I was thinking for Deadhaus would be more a Siege/Pilage game mode. The idea is that the undead want to storm a castle to get at the evil king/attack an elder god/special artifact etc. You would find rounds of enemies at different locations with mini-bosses and a "final" boss to move to the next ring. So you could start off easy at the outskirts of town with weak enemies and a low spawn count. Then you defeat them and get to the town with stronger defenses maybe some small armaments and stronger enemies higher spawns and more health and damage. After beating the town you get the castle gates now we add traps and magic users that pose more threat to the undead. After you get past the walls you get inside the castle with even more difficulty and the final stage would be inside the castle making your way up to the tower with increased difficulty. Then you have to beat the ultimate boss who is not just a damage sponge but you need to use game mechanics/debuffs/environment etc. I know it sounds a bit like a traditional raid but let's try to make it something unique.

I would like it to have some aspects of Destiny's raid where you explore really interesting locations and have to solve puzzles as a team and not just kill x enemies to get to the next location.

If you like the idea please build off it. Because what will make or break this game is the endgame content and I would love to see the game have long legs.

The only suggestion / edit to this idea would be. all content in the game should be soloable, for those that want to play this way so it would have to be scaleable on difficulty based on players (but this is a standard within games already)

• Agree
Reactions: Temuldjin
I did already make a suggestion a while back during one of the livestreams that when demons get introduced, eventually there might be events added where a demon is able to breach the veil unharmed/undrained and we have to fight a full strength demon as a sort of super/raid boss encounter. Denis liked the idea at the time.
I'm always a fan of having a lot of optional (and rewarding) challenges added to games in abundance.

In short, it sounds/sounded like Denis isn't opposed to the idea of having encounters with much more powerful enemies than normal in DHS at some point.

At length, I wholeheartedly support the idea. I'm a fan of those games where you mostly move from one huge boss encounter to the next, such as Shadow of the Colossus or the Monster Hunter franchise. Boss fights in general have been a pretty good addition to gaming over the years, and I don't doubt that Denis and the good folk at Apoc will be able to make them even more fun and rewarding an experience in DHS. In fact the challenge will almost certainly fall more on their side of the table with being able to create bosses that can stand up to the terrifying might of a complete team of 6 undead "heroes." :sneaky:

Varik brought up an important point with Denis saying before that he also wanted all of the content in DHS to be able to completed solo. That's a tough one to wrap my head around. To me a large part of the enjoyment of gaming today is to be able to play games with your friends and share the experience. That goes doubly so for games that have raid mechanics in them--to be able to conquer a very challenging level and foe as a team of friends is (at least in my mind) kind of the entire point of raids and raid mechanics. I'm not exactly sure what to think about having it down-scalable to a single player version. Should it be equally rewarding as far as loot goes if you're doing a version that's 1/6th the power/health/challenge? I'm glad I don't have to make these kinds of decisions. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Temuldjin