Zorins Treat
Grim Scribe
Prophet
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Oct 11, 2020
It was asked so i made it happen.

Because of the talk about customizing the player housing what are some things that you would really love to see in there? From Bathrooms to Dungeons to...tables?

I will post my housing question here too.
Will housing be a permanent thing like say Ultima Online (for those that played it) where when you place a house, own a plot of land or what not it is yours and no one elses?

or

Will housing be instance based where everyone can walk up to the same building which when you enter, you enter a personal instance.

Personally, i'm for the instance based - though it is nice to own an actual plot like Ultima Online - it is a pain and problematic when there are more players than room for housing.

A dungeon to keep prisoners... i mean guests in an easy to reach place before they are sent to others destinations and uses, even just for dinner.

A torture chamber to convince the guests that is in their best interest to cooperate and be more talkative in your presence. And just for the fun of it.

An experiment room to bring new discoveries in the field of magic and science (for the lich it's probably the same space as the torture room).
It could give the player both functionality and utility. (for example crafting scrolls/artifacs/potions and empowering abilities/spells/trinckets/materials) I also asked in the past if it could be possible to "build" one or more creature if you collect the right "ingredients" like in the game Divinity2 Ego Draconis, that would be cool.

A combat arena would be cool, if there is enough space for it. There is no TV after all and the partecipants need motivation under the promise that they may get out of there. Also it could come in handy to create more recruits/servants/guards.

Also while it's not techically "housing customisation" in the traditional sense i would like to see also npcs custumisations, animals, guards, servnts, a butler ecc. (these examples are mostly fitting for the vampire but i'm sure you could have something similar also for the other classes). It would also be cool if you could customise also the npcs like their body, dialogues, the way they talk or nature (in the MMO Aion there was something like that despite very simplistic where you could customise the greetings of your butler towards you or other players coming in your house, there wasn't any further custumisations unfortunatly but it was a fun feature to have).

Last edited:
I can only picture it as being instanced. This game isn't trying to simulate an entire planet worth of area to explore, and even if it did, it would only be one world to be shared by almost innumerous players. There would be no way of making their housings cohesively fit in the world.

Being instanced, all players can walk up to specific locations created for housing, yet they will only see their own house when they look at it, and when they enter it it will be their own domain. Moreover, the housing itself that is rendered will probably be the one from the leader of the party. If you want to invite a friend to visit your mausoleum, you need leave someone else's party and create your own, so that others can load into your instance and visualize what you have created.

That way, everyone can have their own space in the world without forcing housing upon housing on a single map, and the housing locations actually make sense.

Now, as for customization, it would depend on what the housing itself is. If you can have more than one kind of housing, it would make sense to have altars on temples and churches, while it would be more fitting to have ramparts on fortresses, and cellars for dungeons. So I would like the customizations to be thematically fitting, for the most part.

But above all, I'd like to have some customizations that are functional, rather than cosmetic. You being able to determined where each feature of your character management is located, such as your crafting station, your portal chamber, your inventory displays, etc.

I would like to have some customizations that are focused on us, and some that are focused on visitors, such as allowing them to check out what we have on our characters, like the inventory displays.