Acwhammy

Decayed
Havoc And Malice
Players Playing Bloodbath Demo
Old World
Harbinger
Jun 5, 2021
Hey all! Just curious as to what you all are preparing for as far as computer builds, as I know there are no specification requirements for the game yet. I'm about to build a new computer and am trying to determine how far ahead I should future-proof my system, as this is the main game I'm looking at getting in the future. I'm not looking at running at minimum specs either. Maybe average/above average. So my question is what builds are you all currently running or plan on building this year?

It's awesome that you are thinking of Deadhaus Sonata this way. I know I thought about it the same way when I first became aware of the project.

However, this is a bit too early to consider specs for it. I would advise waiting until such a time where we can announce the minimum and recommended configurations for you to make your plans, if you can. We don't know how long it will take for us to be able to provide that information, but I'd say that if you can hold on to that for a few months, there may be some information coming that will help you make that decision.

As for me, I have minimally-ready spec for VR, which I expect will be enough.

late last year I snagged up a PC that can run the "current" games in ultra settings.

That have got to be good enough :)

I have done my computer preping by the fact that I first bought my wife a brand new computer, and now have justification to upgrade my 10 yr old dinosaur....

It's awesome that you are thinking of Deadhaus Sonata this way. I know I thought about it the same way when I first became aware of the project.

However, this is a bit too early to consider specs for it. I would advise waiting until such a time where we can announce the minimum and recommended configurations for you to make your plans, if you can. We don't know how long it will take for us to be able to provide that information, but I'd say that if you can hold on to that for a few months, there may be some information coming that will help you make that decision.

As for me, I have minimally-ready spec for VR, which I expect will be enough.
Thanks Xan, I'll hold out a bit longer then.
I have done my computer preping by the fact that I first bought my wife a brand new computer, and now have justification to upgrade my 10 yr old dinosaur....
Ha! I feel ya! I built my computer in 2014 with the idea of building a new one every 2 years for fun, but then I got married xD

• Funny
Reactions: Golden Xan
Saving up for Zen 4 is how I prepare. I'll bring my GPU over.

As so many others mentioned, just simply purchased a 'high end' gaming PC this past month and hoping it will hold up.

Reactions: Temuldjin
Asus G15 - no need to prep. Used to take pleasure in building PCs but I prefer a portable device.

I'm really glad this topic got brought up, because I have a VR-Ready Graphics Card (MSI Ventus XS 1660Ti) but I found the demo got sluggish and my graphics card heated up a lot - I was under the impression I'd need something super powerful....anyone else experience sluggishness?

Reactions: Skorcher
I'm really glad this topic got brought up, because I have a VR-Ready Graphics Card (MSI Ventus XS 1660Ti) but I found the demo got sluggish and my graphics card heated up a lot - I was under the impression I'd need something super powerful....anyone else experience sluggishness?
Actually, I just tried it again and it seems OK. It occasionally freezes and gets a tad choppy, but this could be due to it being a demo? Just wasn't sure if anyone else had experienced a tad of choppiness....

Actually, I just tried it again and it seems OK. It occasionally freezes and gets a tad choppy, but this could be due to it being a demo? Just wasn't sure if anyone else had experienced a tad of choppiness....
I did not experience any (running rtx 2070 max q)

time for me to run some benchmarks, i guess. maybe time to order a new graphics card.

The Blood Bath Demo runs much more optimally than Tech Demo., however, we have not spent much time optimizing the Blood Bath Demo at all yet. It should work very well by the time we get to launch.

Right now we are focusing on gameplay loops and working tarot mechanics.

If you want a key for the Blood Bath Demo - join us on the next stream on April 27 at 4 pm ET and you can let us know how it runs on your current systems.

The Blood Bath Demo runs much more optimally than Tech Demo., however, we have not spent much time optimizing the Blood Bath Demo at all yet. It should work very well by the time we get to launch.

Right now we are focusing on gameplay loops and working tarot mechanics.

If you want a key for the Blood Bath Demo - join us on the next stream on April 27 at 4 pm ET and you can let us know how it runs on your current systems.
Will the final game use Unity as an engine?

Hey all! Just curious as to what you all are preparing for as far as computer builds, as I know there are no specification requirements for the game yet. I'm about to build a new computer and am trying to determine how far ahead I should future-proof my system, as this is the main game I'm looking at getting in the future. I'm not looking at running at minimum specs either. Maybe average/above average. So my question is what builds are you all currently running or plan on building this year?
MSI has some decent builds you can modify.
Get with their team and the biggest suggestion to ask about is the video.
If you've got the ability monetarily, I wouldn't go with anything less than a 3080ti. Also, the latest gen processor or equivalent from either of the major competitors.
800 watt PS etc.
If you wish, holler back, and I'd be happy to assist you in a very decent build.
I spent 2800.00 and think I did quite well.
My rig plays any title, max settings.
Runs cool, too.
Aesir -

MSI has some decent builds you can modify.
Get with their team and the biggest suggestion to ask about is the video.
If you've got the ability monetarily, I wouldn't go with anything less than a 3080ti. Also, the latest gen processor or equivalent from either of the major competitors.
800 watt PS etc.
If you wish, holler back, and I'd be happy to assist you in a very decent build.
I spent 2800.00 and think I did quite well.
My rig plays any title, max settings.
Runs cool, too.
Aesir -

I legit need to get a new PC. My 4 year old Acer Predator laptop only has a GTX 1060 and is struggling with games these days!
Trying to raise donations and what not on my Twitch Channel to help out, but its a slow process!

I legit need to get a new PC. My 4 year old Acer Predator laptop only has a GTX 1060 and is struggling with games these days!
Trying to raise donations and what not on my Twitch Channel to help out, but its a slow process!
Never give up, you have a few months left before Age 1 :)