Long Dead
Herald of the Dead
Immemorial
Malleus Monday
OG 2020
Old World
Harbinger
Nov 8, 2020
How modular are skins? IE, are they broken up into sections (head, chest, arms, legs or even down to equipment pieces), or are they 1 solid skin? Can we customize colors? If so, are there any steps to avoid having undead running around in pastel pink and butterfly wings? (maybe palatte is restricted and brights only go on energy/emissives?)

I might suggest that if the current plan is to make one skin for early implementation, design them in such a fashion that they can be modular later. (IE, with seams)

Solution
It would be great to know how modular skins are, especially in terms of customization options like color. It could prevent some wild combinations, like undead in pastel pink with butterfly wings! Perhaps restricting the palette or limiting bright colors to specific elements could help maintain some coherence. Also, your suggestion about designing skins for easy modularity later makes a lot of sense.
We will work with the community on this issue, with the goal of making the skins as flexible as possible and keeping a grim dark atmosphere.
Hey, if a Revenant wants to wear bright pink faerie wings, who's gonna stop them? : p
I mean, in Doom Eternal the Doom Slayer has a unicorn skin. You don't see people questioning him about it. He's basically a still alive Revenant.

Hey, if a Revenant wants to wear bright pink faerie wings, who's gonna stop them? : p
To each their own, but I feel like it's really hard to enjoy a grimdark immersive fantasy when the dude that spawned in next to you is wearing a set of deely boppers, an ugly christmas sweater, and a clown nose. Not that clowns can't be horrifying, but I think paying some general respects to the atmosphere by limiting how wacky people can get might be something I'd prefer.

If it's even remotely possible to troll in this manner there will be a goon squad of people that dress in toothpaste palate and will dressed as cartoon animals and japanese mascots at all hours in all hubs. personally as someone interested in creating an immersive narative I'd feel OK with limiting some freedom of expression in that sense.

Maybe for like a timed exclusive event like a pumpkin head for halloween week or something silly like that, but I'd prefer neon pink, sea blue and barf green not be present in large quantities in hubs 24/7/365.

It would be great to know how modular skins are, especially in terms of customization options like color. It could prevent some wild combinations, like undead in pastel pink with butterfly wings! Perhaps restricting the palette or limiting bright colors to specific elements could help maintain some coherence. Also, your suggestion about designing skins for easy modularity later makes a lot of sense.
We will work with the community on this issue, with the goal of making the skins as flexible as possible and keeping a grim dark atmosphere.

• Informative
Reactions: Temuldjin
Solution