Raziel103

Ripe
OG 2020
Oct 22, 2020
hi, from what we seen in the pre alpha combat videos i think the combat lean more to action style with different abilities the player can use.
in this videos i notice that the weapons change the way the player fight and it also give him abilities that don't show in the action bar like when the vamp have 2 axes he can use whirlwind without pressing any of the 5 abilities on the action bars, so i want to ask some questions about combats like:

What is the type of combat in this game ?

when i saw the pre alpha demo i saw a mix of 2 types of combats, the action combos combat like God of War/ Dark Souls with every type of weapons have thier own abilities and i also saw the Diablo/ World of Warcraft action bars abilities focus combat, is the combat will have both of this type of gameplay ?
if my guess was right than i think the normal combo attacks will be physical attacks and the action bar abilities will be magical attacks or for sure other type of abilities like trnsformations ... and that will lead me to the other question

The difference between physical and magical attacks ?

if we have normal attacks and magic abilities are this both will just be simple damge or we will have different type of damge and armor ?
if we gonna have different types of damge is there will be just physical and spell damge and armors or you gonna include many elemants like fire damge need fire fire resistance armor ... ? after all if this is a 3rd person action rpg i think it will focus on loots (armor and weapons) like Diablo and PoE.

Is the game gonna have status effects ?

i seen in the demo that the player interrupt (stun) enemies when he attack them or throw them in the air ... but what about other status effects ?
many of them will fit many undead characters fantasy like fear effect when the banshee scream or the vamp use sleep on some of his targets ...

this is some of the questions i have about combat i will love to see your opinion on this.

I would love to hear more about the combat system of the game, when they are ready, as well.

Dark Souls had magicks and such along with their weapons but it was clunky, I absolutely loved playing around with builds in Dark Souls (and making up short stories about why they fight in the way they do) in Dark Souls 3 You could make a build with a high DEX and STR and applying spells which gave your light armor higher armor stats while having the speed of light armor and a flaming effects to weapons (Some weapons in Dark Souls 3 had also special attacks or abilites). I think half the fun is to find a build that you personally enjoy and then comes the actual combat.