Dog Adopter
Grim Scribe
Prophet
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Sep 16, 2020
USA
I was inspired by the recent post about class-locking weapons. This is less of a debate and more of an idea free-for-all, though. I can assume that each class will have their own play styles, strengths and weaknesses, and most likely specific powers as well. What do you think would be cool to see from your class on the battlefield, or even in cities and outside of combat? How would your class interact with the others? Could there be special moves that require two specific classes to team up? I'll post a few of my ideas, but I'm sure there are a bunch of you who can think of way more interesting things than me.

Vampire- this one is already known, they can blend in with humans if they so choose. Perhaps even charm them, create thralls... This isn't really new info, but maybe someone else has some neat ideas to add for this class. We also know they will have transformations (bats and werewolves? I forget if that was confirmed). The possibilities for combat here are endless, since they are the jack of all trades. They're most likely the best strategists, and could probably have some cool special moves involving each other class.. Let's hear from some of you Vampires what you'd like to see.

Wraith- We know they've got ethereal chains they can bind to mortal souls, sharing their pain with and most likely killing them that way (like the two guards in Alaric's story that were later found flayed after being connected with the Wraith). It's also said that they can infiltrate as spies and assassins, but can they physically posses people? Or just exists in the shadows and be sneaky/nearly invisible? It might be interesting in non-combat situations to see them possess an important human, but if they could pull off the act and speak through them might depend on how strong they are. As for combat, seeing a ton of ethereal chains attached to enemies who just drop like flies into piles of gore would look cool as hell. Perhaps a cool Vampire/Wraith team-up could be the Wraith possessing something innocuous and the Vampire strolling on up to deliver said item to someone who didn't know it was about to murder them- or the Vampire having a thrall do it for them. Tons of opportunities to infiltrate anything the humans could try to keep safe. The Wraith probably doesn't need any help sneaking around, though, so that one might be a silly idea. Still fun to ponder. Vampire/Wraith does have a lot of possibility in battle I think. Wraith powering up a Vampire's weapon for a time using the sheer torment of its victims?

Banshee-Outside of combat I'm imagining her helpless-looking and crying human form could draw out enemies from hiding, luring them closer to a Deadhaus ambush. In combat her screams distort the air, confusing or stunning enemies, even straight up killing some. In her description it is said that her shriek can "split flesh, shatter bones, and even cleave the soul itself." If there is a class that benefits from sucking souls, she can offer them on a silver platter (to Liche?). I think it's been discussed already about her movement involving mist, perhaps she can dodge and flitter around the battlefield in cool blue mist or something. Another idea is anyone who hears her scream gets some kind of death-mark and a debuff or takes more damage from teammates, assuming they're strong enough to withstand just simply being obliterated. Also, her needle-fingers for close quarters.

Revenant- They're angry af. They're too angry to die, and said angry soul returns to find its mortal remains. I think it is implied that they need their own corpse, but I'm not sure. Perhaps the Banshee can serve as a guide to them, emitting a blue glow they could follow back to their body. Or perhaps that part is irrelevant, or their rage is just so crazy that they don't need no help. I have no idea what to say about the Rev outside of combat, because it's so angry that it is probably in eternal combat mode. All jokes aside, N'gaztak seems to do just fine reeling it in. They have those badass hammers that are filled with souls, in the Necroliberatas there's some pretty cool stuff about it but I'm not entirely sure how it functions. Does the weapon itself take the souls, or would another class ripping out souls and giving it to the weapon be a cool idea? I suppose it could take souls as it killed each enemy, but another class like Wraith or Banshee could give it hundreds at once, perhaps giving some motivation to team up.

Ghoul- I'm not sure how these little buggars could team up with another class, and I've already heard so many awesome ideas about its combat style. Like you are what you eat type thing going on. In my head they're these quick blurs of grotesque monster racing around and eating people, maybe they have some kind of terrifying aura that can make the lesser enemies try to run. I'm kind of at a loss as to how they'd team up with a group though, even though i think they're the bee's knees.

Liche- THESE GUYS. In their insane search for knowledge they did some crazy shit. They have necromancy and eat souls. Liche/Banshee FTW. I'm sure if anyone would know how to harness the power of a Banshee, it'd be these guys. Not sure who gets to eat all the souls, though. Would all the classes be fighting over them? Split them?? The only easy thing is give the bodies to the Ghouls, blood to Vampires and the souls to the Liche, but don't others need souls too? That seems like the hot commodity in Deadhaus, but I could be wrong or maybe sharing IS caring.

Wight- I have no idea.

Ok I'm out of steam now, tell me your ideas of cool class-based moves or team-ups that you'd like to see in the game!

From a locked class perspective I'm picturing the banshee having recon moves, outlining the threats that lie ahead and communicating that to the team. The Revenant, Ghoul, and possibly the vampire will be the forward assault team, drawing the attention and aggro of the front line while the Banshee and Liche offer support from the rear with a combination of team buffs, enemy debuffs, and ranged attacks. While this is going on the wraith and possibly the wight will circle the perimeter of the battle while picking off those at the enemy's flank as they make their way to the enemy's leaders, champions, and ranged fighters.

Last edited:
Reactions: shinybri
I believe that figuring out the synergy and forming new strategies to counter enemies effectively is going to be one of the most interesting parts of the game.

There are many systems and capabilities that we are yet to know about the game before we can envision what are the possibilities. For example, if the engine and game system allows for a deep physics integration, the manipulation of materials in the environment can make up for amazing combinations. But that, I think, is too far fetched to consider. So if we have to speculate, I'd do it in the most grounded of ways possible.

Another system that I'm very curious about is the Tarot cards system, because that sounds like to me that a character can have many builds and swap between them from mission to mission, allowing a character to be built with solo play in mind for one mission, but inclined towards supporting others on another.
It's hard to form a clear picture, but I can imagine all characters having resources good enough for them to fight on their own, while having some skills that oppress the enemies or strengthen their allies that they could use when in groups. But the way I see that is more like soft and hard crowd control effects that make a fight easier rather than having specially designed combos between two different classes.

In that sense, I see the potential for extremely focused combinations, such as 6 players using the same class, with the same physical, magickal or essential specialization, just as I can see an even playing field with a trio of a Liche, a Revenant and a Wight focused on their respective innate roles working together, potentially just as effectively.

All of this is to say that discovering and exploring synergies is something I'm looking forward to in the game, but I don't think we'll quite get synchronized combat combos. If that could happen, though, it would be most curious to see.

Reactions: Livin
I was inspired by the recent post about class-locking weapons. This is less of a debate and more of an idea free-for-all, though. I can assume that each class will have their own play styles, strengths and weaknesses, and most likely specific powers as well. What do you think would be cool to see from your class on the battlefield, or even in cities and outside of combat? How would your class interact with the others? Could there be special moves that require two specific classes to team up? I'll post a few of my ideas, but I'm sure there are a bunch of you who can think of way more interesting things than me.

Vampire- this one is already known, they can blend in with humans if they so choose. Perhaps even charm them, create thralls... This isn't really new info, but maybe someone else has some neat ideas to add for this class. We also know they will have transformations (bats and werewolves? I forget if that was confirmed). The possibilities for combat here are endless, since they are the jack of all trades. They're most likely the best strategists, and could probably have some cool special moves involving each other class.. Let's hear from some of you Vampires what you'd like to see.

Wraith- We know they've got ethereal chains they can bind to mortal souls, sharing their pain with and most likely killing them that way (like the two guards in Alaric's story that were later found flayed after being connected with the Wraith). It's also said that they can infiltrate as spies and assassins, but can they physically posses people? Or just exists in the shadows and be sneaky/nearly invisible? It might be interesting in non-combat situations to see them possess an important human, but if they could pull off the act and speak through them might depend on how strong they are. As for combat, seeing a ton of ethereal chains attached to enemies who just drop like flies into piles of gore would look cool as hell. Perhaps a cool Vampire/Wraith team-up could be the Wraith possessing something innocuous and the Vampire strolling on up to deliver said item to someone who didn't know it was about to murder them- or the Vampire having a thrall do it for them. Tons of opportunities to infiltrate anything the humans could try to keep safe. The Wraith probably doesn't need any help sneaking around, though, so that one might be a silly idea. Still fun to ponder. Vampire/Wraith does have a lot of possibility in battle I think. Wraith powering up a Vampire's weapon for a time using the sheer torment of its victims?

Banshee-Outside of combat I'm imagining her helpless-looking and crying human form could draw out enemies from hiding, luring them closer to a Deadhaus ambush. In combat her screams distort the air, confusing or stunning enemies, even straight up killing some. In her description it is said that her shriek can "split flesh, shatter bones, and even cleave the soul itself." If there is a class that benefits from sucking souls, she can offer them on a silver platter (to Liche?). I think it's been discussed already about her movement involving mist, perhaps she can dodge and flitter around the battlefield in cool blue mist or something. Another idea is anyone who hears her scream gets some kind of death-mark and a debuff or takes more damage from teammates, assuming they're strong enough to withstand just simply being obliterated. Also, her needle-fingers for close quarters.

Revenant- They're angry af. They're too angry to die, and said angry soul returns to find its mortal remains. I think it is implied that they need their own corpse, but I'm not sure. Perhaps the Banshee can serve as a guide to them, emitting a blue glow they could follow back to their body. Or perhaps that part is irrelevant, or their rage is just so crazy that they don't need no help. I have no idea what to say about the Rev outside of combat, because it's so angry that it is probably in eternal combat mode. All jokes aside, N'gaztak seems to do just fine reeling it in. They have those badass hammers that are filled with souls, in the Necroliberatas there's some pretty cool stuff about it but I'm not entirely sure how it functions. Does the weapon itself take the souls, or would another class ripping out souls and giving it to the weapon be a cool idea? I suppose it could take souls as it killed each enemy, but another class like Wraith or Banshee could give it hundreds at once, perhaps giving some motivation to team up.

Ghoul- I'm not sure how these little buggars could team up with another class, and I've already heard so many awesome ideas about its combat style. Like you are what you eat type thing going on. In my head they're these quick blurs of grotesque monster racing around and eating people, maybe they have some kind of terrifying aura that can make the lesser enemies try to run. I'm kind of at a loss as to how they'd team up with a group though, even though i think they're the bee's knees.

Liche- THESE GUYS. In their insane search for knowledge they did some crazy shit. They have necromancy and eat souls. Liche/Banshee FTW. I'm sure if anyone would know how to harness the power of a Banshee, it'd be these guys. Not sure who gets to eat all the souls, though. Would all the classes be fighting over them? Split them?? The only easy thing is give the bodies to the Ghouls, blood to Vampires and the souls to the Liche, but don't others need souls too? That seems like the hot commodity in Deadhaus, but I could be wrong or maybe sharing IS caring.

Wight- I have no idea.

Ok I'm out of steam now, tell me your ideas of cool class-based moves or team-ups that you'd like to see in the game!
Really cool ideas, i want to add some for ghouls and banshee

Ghouls could be able to speed up their health recovery eating corpses and maybe this would give them a bonus that makes them even stronger, harder to kill or enhancing their regeneration speed during combat. Even better they may evolve during combat (apart from just eating the fallen) storing various types of "food" in their stomach ready to be digested at the right moment to give them the form/skills they desire when they have the need.

Banshee may be able to use they voices even for "not offensive" purpuse, for example enthralling during dialogues or to attract one or more humans to a certain location or even in combat why not (sirens in greek mithology do exactly that). Even using the voices to control them could be an option (maybe for the humans the banshee voice sound like the one of their commander or like they feel compelled to do as the voice says while all other sounds around them feel like distant and irrelevant). They also could use their voice so that is heard only by one or more people of her choice regardless of distance or how loud they speak thus they could be great coordinators during attacks and act like the comunication guy (girl actually) between squad members or even multiple squads. Another idea could be voice imbuing an object or an alive being, basically all their screems instead of doing damage like they normally would are absorbed to the obect/person and then the sounds are "released" at the banshee command effecivly creating a remote control bomb.
For your death mark idea i would add a health draining mark as well as magic and stamina draining marks.

I'd like the Liche to be able to dominate all mindless undead, seizing control of any sent forth by any np-enemies and cause those from enemy players in a pvp setting to avoid you like the zombies in WWZ.