Ancient
Mallius Odium
Players Playing Bloodbath Demo
Grim Scribe
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 16, 2021
Texas
Just clicked in my mind that if we end up having "Defense Events" for our 'hausing' like I described in one of my earlier ideas, perhaps depending on how we build them, we could get certain boons for ourselves/our defenders and/or certain detrimental effects for invaders, including perhaps Lair Actions a la D&D if we participate in the events personally!

One example in particular came forth with the inception of this idea. Some items are so powerful that they cannot be too close to other powerful objects or they'll tear apart the fabric of reality and ruin the Lair ( :cry: ), so these powerful items take up "defense slots" in your Lair, which prevents items of too powerful a nature to be put within those dangerous confines of one another. (IE powerful item limitations so your Lair isn't too OP ;))

Lair Construction: Eye of Madness
Area of Effect: Anywhere within Lair
Duration/Frequency of Effect: Constant
Effect Target(s): Sentient Creatures with Eyesight
Countered/Nullified By: Natural Blindness, magickal effects stronger than Item's effect (inspiration, courage, dispel effect, counter-curse), or leaving the area of effect (leaving the Lair), or passing the willpower/discipline check per tick (resists effect, on critical success removes an additional stack of fear/madness)
Item Effect: +1 stack of Fear/Madness to valid enemies per Global Tick, if targets succumb to effects item grants 1 stack of Inspiration to allied creatures defending the Lair
Item Effect Description: Sentient invaders who have eyesight will see aberrations and monstrosities in their peripheral vision at least once per global tick, each time the effect is triggered the creature must pass a willpower/discipline check or gain one stack of fear/madness, the effect stacks until the creature is either rendered Broken/Insane or leaves the area of effect or is made immune to the effect via magickal effect greater in power than the item's effect; each instance that a creature succumbs to fear/madness and is rendered broken/insane, the Eye of Madness grants a stack of inspiration to defenders of the Lair if they are within the area of the item's effects
Item Level: 9 - Legendary
Item Capacity Cost: 3 Legendary Tier Slots (of 5)
Item Flavor Description: "'Madness begets madness' is an unspoken rule of the world. Put into practice, the effects are not only deleterious but disastrous to any standing force. Some doubt that the hands that guide our world have humor in them, but they are fools. The Eye of Madness is proof of it. It sees through reality and into the hearts of any with sight and mind, tearing from them their nightmares and putting them on display before them, treating them to their own weaknesses and doubts until the mind is shattered under the weight of its own comprehension. This humor may be seen as depraved or poetically ironic, but I know this fragment of truth for what it is--Justice." -Raaz Arash, Liche Scribe, Order of the Veil