Long Dead
Herald of the Dead
Immemorial
Malleus Monday
OG 2020
Old World
Harbinger
Nov 8, 2020
Is the design intent for interior levels created with exterior lighting (say with stained glass windows or something) going to be following the proper day/night cycle and N, S, E, W design? IE, will the exterior light source be dynamic?

I'm asking mostly because of the user creation tools. I've noticed most games usually just stick lighting onto a fixture static (in my experience with in game build tools). I mention this because the day/night cycle is an important gaming mechanic.

If that is the intention will we be able to load an exterior skybox to represent the element detail? Preferably taking a snapshot of the true exterior and loading it 2d/iso? (so we can get proper skylines and exterior featurse seen through windows)

Asking mostly because instanced stuff rather than overworld integration will often allow for more detailed designs given console constraints on memory.

Solution
Time of day should affect all areas of the game, while weather will be exterior only for the most part. Windows in the interior reflecting the proper time of day is not currently on the development queue but is a detail that seems reasonable and doable if enough gamers want it.
Time of day should affect all areas of the game, while weather will be exterior only for the most part. Windows in the interior reflecting the proper time of day is not currently on the development queue but is a detail that seems reasonable and doable if enough gamers want it.

Solution
For what my feedback is worth I'd consider it on a low priority wishlist, like, definitely helps with immersion and should probably be in place eventually, but not a super important immediately necessary detail. I think we can probably deal with blacked out windows or generic skybox for a bit while the game is taking it's first steps.

Just my personal opinion given that an initial launch is successful if it's stable for 24 hours, I'd say it's like... probably important if you're going to do mass marketing for something, but function being more important than form initially.

For me I expect bugs and not 100% polish as an initial launch to be par for the course for literally any developer, especially an independent one, which is not to downplay the quality of the devs, but just having seen enough modern game launches to know that it would be a miracle if everything works perfectly and is totally polished and the UI is perfectly streamlined given the size and scope of most modern games, especially when a lot of awesomely ambitious features are being implemented that are likely pretty experimental.