Decayed
Risen
Immemorial
Cat Adopter
OG 2020
Old World
Harbinger
May 31, 2020
Are there any obscure monsters from your country that you would like to see implemented as a playable or enemy race?
I'm glad to see Banshee as a race but would also love to see an Irish/Celtic Kelpie in game if there's any room for an aquatic based enemies!

Reactions: Faceless Mike
Huggin Molly, 7ft tall woman thats as round as a bale of cotton and dressed in a black dress. If ever she spotted you at night she'd chase you down and hug you tight as she screamed right into your ear.

Reactions: Vesmé and Gealt
I keep thinking about how cool a moth character would be!

Huggin Molly sounds like an interesting legend!

In Canada there's Ogopogo, a lake monster. Apparently "His mother was an earwig, His father was a whale" from an old song. Not sure I need to see him in the game but he's the first Canadian legend I though of.

I'd like to see some non-western folkloric undead in general, even if just in very small roles. It'd be fun to see a Jiangshi or Penanggalan as an ambassador from a distant land's equivalent of Deadhaus or something. : >

Not sure how obscure wendigo's are at this point, but I would love to see the team's take on the wendigo. The skinwalker as well.

As for non america stuff, there is a lot of cool stuff in slavic lore.
The Drekavac is oddly themed for the holiday season ;D

Lemme get a Jackalope buddy :)

It is not local to me but I would definitely want to see more celtic folklore, not kelpies specifically but the sidhe.

On the local front... kind of hard to tell. I'm in the region where the vampire legends originated and besides that there are not a lot of scary stuff. I don't think it is really the place in this game but I think I would actually want to see Dionysus the way he was presented in the myths. This is probably the most underrated and miss-represented god ever. In modern culture he is a drunkard. In myth he is a beautiful god of sex and madness that can charm with his song to dance or drive others insane and literally make them tear their loved ones apart with their bare hands. Or if he feels like it he himself can just go and kill everyone in his way or transform into a vine and strangle someone in his sleep.