Ageless
OG 2020
Dog Adopter
Grim Scribe
Vampire Scholar
Harbinger
Jul 1, 2020
+1
Are there any plans to have a Lost soul ( skelly boy ) getting created when ever a players get a true death in the game?

An example of the question: Koldin experienced true death while fighting the boss in the second mission, so now a lost soul that looks like his avatar is now walking around in the Essential Realm in that location.

There could then be a some sort of bonus for other people if they drain that specific lost soul if they are on that location in the second mission, or maybe there could be an individual bonus for Koldin himself if he drain and absorbs his own lost soul.

Reactions: Mortis
Are there any plans to have a Lost soul ( skelly boy ) getting created when ever a players get a true death in the game?

An example of the question: Koldin experienced true death while fighting the boss in the second mission, so now a lost soul that looks like his avatar is now walking around in the Essential Realm in that location.

There could then be a some sort of bonus for other people if they drain that specific lost soul if they are on that location in the second mission, or maybe there could be an individual bonus for Koldin himself if he drain and absorbs his own lost soul.
interesting topic but to me it seems counter intuitive - when knocked into essential form after losing physical and magical pools, would be like the skelebois in the essential realm though we can move / drain / attack. once we lose all essence we get true death and it would be like draining a skeleboi of it's last bit of essence. so there shouldn't be a lingering soul there in the first place. Just my take on the scenario.

interesting topic but to me it seems counter intuitive - when knocked into essential form after losing physical and magical pools, would be like the skelebois in the essential realm though we can move / drain / attack. once we lose all essence we get true death and it would be like draining a skeleboi of it's last bit of essence. so there shouldn't be a lingering soul there in the first place. Just my take on the scenario.
I just though it could be an interesting funny thing that could happen that might spur some extra community interactions :)

No. Varik is right. The undead's essence is their soul, and if they turn to ash, that means their soul was dissipated. The Lost Souls are people who died and have not, for one reason or another, completed their travel to the underworld. As an undead, you are one of such entities, except you came back to the world of the living by attaching yourself to your vessel through supernatural means.

But that doesn't remove the possibility of having markers of some kind that indicate where people have reached true death, for them or others.