Dog Adopter
Grim Scribe
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Jul 1, 2020
+1
The Suggestion is a simple one, but the implementation and use for the concept could be huge within the Deadhaus Community.

The idea is as follows: at some point within the game (lets say late game/high level) the players can get the possibility to further enhance his or hers character from another category than just Tarot Cards, Equipment or Consumables, but with a Magical Tattoo.

So, what exactly will the Tattoo do? Well that is up to the developers and to what degree they choose to implement the idea.
It could range from 5% increase to " x type of damage " (claw damage while in werewolf form, or 5% increased fire damage) or 5% health increase to all the way up to unique and other types of abilities, for example a Dragons Breath Ability on a melee class for example on Ghoul or Revenant where you wouldn't expect those classes to be able to use fire attacks. (customizations like this could be very useful for the PvP Gameplay when that is eventually implemented later on down the line)

How it could be Implemented: It could simply be from a vendor in a major city, it could be a quest chain, it could be from an obscure NPC you could only find during a full moon, the possibilities of the accessibility of these are pretty much endless and up to the dev team. (you got to way the players investment in getting them/unlocking them vs how the developers decide to implement them)

So how many Tattoos can we get? it could range from just 1 to several, however I would suggest a single one, Less is More after all.

Upgradability of the Tattoo: I also suggest with more effort, maybe a quest chain (or just throwing in game currency at it) where you have to get hard to find material so you can upgrade the Tattoo.
We could start with a "Minor" Tattoo that could be upgraded to a "Medium" size and then eventually to a "full" size.

I also suggest that a Tattoo's can be removed/replaced if a player so desire. (this would just make it less of a headache and give the developers more room to tinker and improve on the idea from Age to Age, people would simply just complain if a newer Tattoo was released and it was vastly superior to an older one a person acquired and he then doesn't have the ability to change to the new one)
I personally think it would be a good idea if Tattoos could be changed in game so we can tinker with and find out which just fits the best with our personally playstyle and how we tailor made the Tarot Cards to that specific character/class.

Another suggestion is also every Houses could get their own version of the Tattoo, it would be more interesting If every House gets something unique that grants a similar effect, but is tailor made for each Houses and their theme.

For example: The Undeads gets a Brand, The Giants gets a Rune, The Angels gets gets a Blessing, the Devils get a Soul Contract, another house could get a Soul Imprint or a Spirit Possession, where every "version" of their houses "Tattoo" fits with the theme of the house, there are many possibilities, especially since we do not know all the houses yet. (and of cause these were just my suggestions for the names that fits with the theme of some of the Houses we have heard of.)

Last edited:
Good idea, similar to the runestone/runeword idea for the weapons.
I do like.
1) You suggest it comes from a special quest / event type situation.
2) Limited in number. I would suggest just having one.
3) Ability to change it later if you decide to change your playstyle.

my biggest concerns would be.
1) How would this work on all classes, A brand I could see on a wraith, but they would have nothing to tattoo onto. as just one example.
2) Would this just be purely for the deadhaus classes or for all 9 houses. (hard one to answer I know)
3) Power creep, It was stated early on that we are trying to avoid power creep, not saying it cannot be implemented, but the more mechanics you add the more the creep happens.

My suggestions.
1) Keep it just a singular tattoo/brand (no upgrading)
2) only a minor boost to a skill / resource(health / mana / essence) to avoid power creep.
3) A small grind + cost for semi rare components for a tattoo/brand and a small cost to remove brand (would have to re-farm to get same tattoo/brand because components are used up in the making of the tattoo/brand)

my biggest concerns would be.
1) How would this work on all classes, A brand I could see on a wraith, but they would have nothing to tattoo onto. as just one example.
2) Would this just be purely for the deadhaus classes or for all 9 houses. (hard one to answer I know)
3) Power creep, It was stated early on that we are trying to avoid power creep, not saying it cannot be implemented, but the more mechanics you add the more the creep happens.

1: I'm sure the lore crew could figure out exactly how it would work on wraith's. (maybe something to do with 1 of the chains)
2: The easy answer is every Houses get a Tattoo, easy to implement. The harder to do but more interesting would be if every House gets something unique that grants a similar effect, but is tailor made for each Houses.
For example: The Undeads gets a Brand, The Giants gets a Rune, The Angels gets gets a Blessing, the Devils get a Soul Contract, another house could get a Soul Brand or a Spirit Possession, where ever fits with the theme of the house, there are many possibilities, especially since we do not know all the houses yet. (and of cause those were just my suggestions for something that fits with the theme of some of the Houses we have heard of.)
3: Power creep will always be a thing, anything from finding a better weapon/gear to filling in talents points, using consumables vs not using them etc, also if levelling up is a thing that in an of itself is a power creep, I am not offlay worried about higher levelled people/older accounts being stronger than fresh ones, it's bound to happen, especially when you factor in the possibility of very rare tarot cards/unique tarot cards being a thing.

My suggestions.
1) Keep it just a singular tattoo/brand (no upgrading)
2) only a minor boost to a skill / resource(health / mana / essence) to avoid power creep.
3) A small grind + cost for semi rare components for a tattoo/brand and a small cost to remove brand (would have to re-farm to get same tattoo/brand because components are used up in the making of the tattoo/brand)

1: My first though was also keeping the tattoo's / Brands to a single one per character. However it might be a cool feature if you can alter an existing tattoo/upgrade it, so I'm a little torn about being able, or not being able to upgrade them.
Maybe they would grow stronger through the ages? food for though (however that would make people not want to change their tattoo's with would ruin the reason for a player to want to chance them)
2: If it's a quest chain then people might feel the reward was a let down if it's only a small health/mana increase for example, granted going to big in the other direction might also be a mistake, the dev team would need to figure out what they want to do and how to implement it, and if they go to low or to high they can always update them after.
3: I agree with everything you wrote here.

Last edited:
While a tattoo might work, I think it's entirely possible it could instead be something like a branding Iron. Searing the magic into an undeads very being. Emphasizing that while it offers great power it's agonizing.

While a tattoo might work, I think it's entirely possible it could instead be something like a branding Iron. Searing the magic into an undeads very being. Emphasizing that while it offers great power it's agonizing.

I agree, Brands are more in theme with Deadhaus. :)

Last edited:
While the customization aspect is appreciated, I do begin to worry about the aspects of mechanics overall. In addition to your idea, we also have:
  1. Character Race/Gender
  2. Armor/Weapons (Which might also include armor and weapon modifications or enchantment)
  3. Accessories (Also possibly having mods and enchantments)
  4. Tarot Cards (Skills)
  5. Any basic abilities provided by character race
  6. Consumables (Most games have them, wouldn't be surprised if they are here)
  7. Some form of trade skill system (There would have to be if item crafting is a thing)
These being a combination of speculation, what have been revealed, and things that a a game is likely to have given details thus far provided. When we examine your idea, it adds to a possibly increasing web of character tuning that may reach an overwhelming status for players (not all, but I'd wager a significant portion).

Personally, I like having many ways to intricately tune my experience, but I know that often this is considered a con rather than a pro. A tatoo/brand system would add yet another layer on and, as you currently describe, could theoretically be covered by the tarot system or possible mods and enchantments. I definitely appreciate your creative juices, but I am unsure if the devs will add such a system to the game, given what we already know (which is very little) and how much they are already planning to add but haven't told us yet.

I hate to be a downer, but I'm just taking a devil's advocate approach. I think your idea would be pretty cool, but I don't expect them to add it.

Reactions: Temuldjin
While the customization aspect is appreciated, I do begin to worry about the aspects of mechanics overall. In addition to your idea, we also have:
  1. Character Race/Gender
  2. Armor/Weapons (Which might also include armor and weapon modifications or enchantment)
  3. Accessories (Also possibly having mods and enchantments)
  4. Tarot Cards (Skills)
  5. Any basic abilities provided by character race
  6. Consumables (Most games have them, wouldn't be surprised if they are here)
  7. Some form of trade skill system (There would have to be if item crafting is a thing)
1 and 5: Are static, you pick what ever race and gender you want when you create your character and that's that, it's unlike you can change that later on.

2, 3, 4 and 7: Is a constant and a staple in almost any game, you should always be on the look out for new items to upgrade your character, or build different sets of gear. (like a tanking set and a dps set for a revenant, or a fire speck, damage over time spec or a summoning spec on a lich.

6: We Don't know if there will be consumables in the game but if there are then the min maxers/try hards will always use them, most people won't, and a good chunk might use them here and there, sometimes.

I don't really agree that for example at max level you unlock the access for a " Magical Tattoo " to be overwhelming, if it's even implemented it might simply fill in 1 additional slot on your characters gear page where when you then hover your mouse over the icon it will tell you: " Increased movement speed Tattoo "

However, if it really is overwhelming and some people choose not to do it then so what? should the design of the game really focus the type of player that feels exhausted and fatigue after having played the game to max level, or should it focus on those that followed up on the narrative cues and clues through out the game, who complete the quests chains and reward them with something extra?

The Suggestion is a simple one, but the implementation and use for the concept could be huge within the Deadhaus Community.

The idea is as follows: at some point within the game (lets say late game/high level) the players can get the possibility to further enhance his or hers character from another category than just Tarot Cards, Equipment or Consumables, but with a Magical Tattoo.

So, what exactly will the Tattoo do? Well that is up to the developers and to what degree they choose to implement the idea.
It could range from 5% increase to " x type of damage " (claw damage while in werewolf form, or 5% increased fire damage) or 5% health increase to all the way up to unique and other types of abilities, for example a Dragons Breath Ability on a melee class for example on Ghoul or Revenant where you wouldn't expect those classes to be able to use fire attacks. (customizations like this could be very useful for the PvP Gameplay when that is eventually implemented later on down the line)

How it could be Implemented: It could simply be from a vendor in a major city, it could be a quest chain, it could be from an obscure NPC you could only find during a full moon, the possibilities of the accessibility of these are pretty much endless and up to the dev team. (you got to way the players investment in getting them/unlocking them vs how the developers decide to implement them)

So how many Tattoos can we get? it could range from just 1 to several, however I would suggest a single one, Less is More after all.

Upgradability of the Tattoo: I also suggest with more effort, maybe a quest chain (or just throwing in game currency at it) where you have to get hard to find material so you can upgrade the Tattoo.
We could start with a "Minor" Tattoo that could be upgraded to a "Medium" size and then eventually to a "full" size.

I also suggest that a Tattoo's can be removed/replaced if a player so desire. (this would just make it less of a headache and give the developers more room to tinker and improve on the idea from Age to Age, people would simply just complain if a newer Tattoo was released and it was vastly superior to an older one a person acquired and he then doesn't have the ability to change to the new one)
I personally think it would be a good idea if Tattoos could be changed in game so we can tinker with and find out which just fits the best with our personally playstyle and how we tailor made the Tarot Cards to that specific character/class.

Another suggestion is also every Houses could get their own version of the Tattoo, it would be more interesting If every House gets something unique that grants a similar effect, but is tailor made for each Houses and their theme.

For example: The Undeads gets a Brand, The Giants gets a Rune, The Angels gets gets a Blessing, the Devils get a Soul Contract, another house could get a Soul Imprint or a Spirit Possession, where every "version" of their houses "Tattoo" fits with the theme of the house, there are many possibilities, especially since we do not know all the houses yet. (and of cause these were just my suggestions for the names that fits with the theme of some of the Houses we have heard of.)
This could be very useful to one's character. I definitely want this to be implemented into the game.

• Agree
Reactions: Temuldjin