Ageless
OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 30, 2019

Deadhaus published yet another piece of info about the game's world: cosmology mapping.
The image can be found under the "Trinary Archetype System" on the Deadhaus Sonata official page.

According to Denis Dyack, some of the symbols on the mapping indicate the different houses of Deadhaus. Perhaps all of them are houses?

The different houses can be seen around the portal in the original teaser trailer and on the cosmology mapping that has been dropped on the Deadhaus Sonata page of the website.

The triangle inside might represent the trinary archetype: Material, Essential, and Magickal. But what are the other symbols?
Those familiar with the Legacy of Kain universe might find a certain resemblance between Deadhaus' cosmology symbols and the vampire's clan symbols in the LoK series.

Those are, respectively, the symbols of Dumah, Kain, Melchiah, Rahab, Raziel, Turel, and Zephon.

Additionally, it was suggested that each symbol, each house, might represent a playable character class in the game. But it might not come to that.

Big questions to speculate:

• What do the three symbols in the center represent?
  • Are each of the symbols in the cosmology mapping a house of the dead in the game?
  • Do each symbol reference a species of the undead? Are they all playable?
  • @Living made another connection:
    • I counted 9 houses?

As an LOK fan that number jumps at me, 9 house for 9 pillars.

Monsters of the Dead
      Monsters of the Mind
      Monsters of Conflict
      Monsters of Nature
      Monsters of Energy
      Monsters of Dimension
      Monsters of Time
      Monsters of States
      Monsters of Balance

Does that mean they are elements or subelements of the gameworld?
  • Do they have a connection with the story? Which one?
  • Suggest your own theories below!

Discuss away! This is the time to speculate and to look into the future.

Attachments

• 1555447202226.png
    1555447202226.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 8
Great post...
I have a theory...;)

Reactions: Livin
Just wanted to add the portal picture mentioned in the quote.

Screenshot_2019-04-16-18-55-24.png

A little blurry, but it shows which symbols from the cosmology are supposed to be the houses.

as a spiritual successor to our beloved LOK. I have no doubt that the symbols mean the different houses. maybe representing an element like the pillars.
in the Welcome Package video we see a map in the background so we know DeadHaus is a location a country a village etc.
the creatures we play as are most likely from Deadhaus. Sonata means to sing or song. so "the song of deadhaus" or maybe "Deadhaus Sings"
with banshee being a class that works into it.

songs of the dead?

the symbols being clan or house symbols is probably a really good guess.
the symbols on the pillars floor might be similar to the Deadhaus symbols also? no idea what the symbols on the pillar floors mean though. probably alchemy symbols and the like

Attachments

• pillars_floor_texture_by_hanxopx_d32fe9n-fullview.jpg
    pillars_floor_texture_by_hanxopx_d32fe9n-fullview.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 4
This fourth dimension is indeed already in Deadhaus. We have:
  • Burdened - created by affliction
  • Composed - Composed are undead created from dead beings
  • Returned - Otherwise known as spirits, are created when The Arcana fuses with the soul
  • Risen - The Risen are undead created from sheer will.

Felt like adding this for easy reference.

Honestly, if there are 9 houses of monsters planned, and each of them follows the trinary archetype, then that means there is a potential for 63 classes. That is seriously ambitious, and the skeptical side of me thinks they could be pulling our leg on some of it.

EDIT
in the Welcome Package video we see a map in the background so we know DeadHaus is a location a country a village etc.

Huh, good eye. It looks like a desert area, dark eden.

Last edited:
Felt like adding this for easy reference.

Honestly, if there are 9 houses of monsters planned, and each of them follows the trinary archetype, then that means there is a potential for 63 classes. That is seriously ambitious, and the skeptical side of me thinks they could be pulling our leg on some of it.

We are not pulling your leg - seems like a good question for the upcoming interview though :). I would recommend you pose it in some way and we can answer live on video :)

63 are far too many classes. There's likely not enough creativity to make 63 distinct kinds of playable characters. However, there might be variants to the main 7 classes. Say, for instance, that you have 7 or so main classes but each class has some subelement that it can base itself on. You can get a Fire Revenant, a Spectral Vampire, a Mind Lich, and so on. But even then, 63 is far too much. :p

There's also the chance that some of those combinations (from the houses, the symbols, the elements, etc.) might also include/refer to units. Creatures, monsters, minions, etc. in the world. That makes 63 different characters much more manageable.

Furthermore, the houses might actually just be "families", just like clans, of the undead. So they might not have any variants at all, they might just be fighting for a different group with different leaders.

Last edited:
@Golden Xan

I got the 63 based on there being 9 houses, each with their own roster of characters and each roster consisting of 7 classes like it is for the dead if they also follow the trinary archetype. I'm fairly sure they aren't planning on 63 classes, unless it's part of a long term plan that is.

We are not pulling your leg - seems like a good question for the upcoming interview though :). I would recommend you pose it in some way and we can answer live on video :)

Will do, may edit or add later.

Will the other houses that are planned be like that of the one in development now, with the same number of classes and also designed around the trinary archetype system?

Last edited:
Also if you rotate the Trinary Archetype System Diagram by 45 degrees clockwise - you will see it fits nicely in the cosmology. It starts to get a little complex at this point though :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Livin
Also if you rotate the Trinary Archetype System Diagram by 45 degrees clockwise - you will see it fits nicely in the cosmology. It starts to get a little complex at this point though :)

Do the ten symbols around the circle represent something, or are they just decoration? I've been wracking my brain trying to find a correlation and the best I can come up with is that they represent the different lands where each of the houses reside, with the 10th belonging to humanity.

Maybe someone can find the images from Deadhaus' world map and see if there is any interesting connection that jumps to the eye?

This is the only map I could find. A full image isn’t available yet

Maybe someone can find the images from Deadhaus' world map and see if there is any interesting connection that jumps to the eye?
So the center symbol is part of a directional compass, located in the center of the map with the lines extending out to form a grid while leading to where each house is located. If this does coicides with where the houses are in relation to that, than this means the symbol for the house of the dead is the bottom left. Correct me if I'm off on anything.

Reactions: Gødflesh_88
To be a bit more productive than reposting my shit fanart from a few years ago, let me explain that a variant of the image was used in Shadow of the Eternals. Some now-missing information was contained in that version of the image:
  • @Golden Xan's interpretation of the triangle seems to be correct. The original image labeled the bottom corner of the triangle as "Menti", the top left as "Magia" and the top right as "Materiae".
  • Like my fanart, the original had an inscription using the same character set. It seems like I tried to decipher it, but never really got a complete answer.
Here's my best shake at what the SotE image's inscription in the woven band might have been supposed to be:
The law of the ancients is that of Orobous: each following the next, the end being the start. Together, they are one, not many.

Although there are some problems... some hidden boxes seem to contain letters, others seem to be intended to be skipped. Orobous might be a reference to Ouroboros, especially judging from the content of the text. The text seems to end with the name of a former Precursor employee, followed by 3 characters not used anywhere else (plus one covered square). This might just have been filler to fill up the remaining spaces, or it has an undiscovered meaning.

Last edited:
Bonus points to those who manage to decipher the text in my fanart. (It's a completely different text. I must have come up with that. Probably. I don't remember coming up with it.)

Edit: an interesting observation about the 3 mystery characters. They look approximately like this:
Since the letter E in the script looks similar to a mirrored E, the character that looks like an E might be a 3. the x looking character could be a multiplication symbol. So the whole sequence might be a reference to 333. Pure speculation, but they liked using that number during the SotE campaign... and judging from the Apocalypse domain name, they still do :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Livin and Brolnir
Whoa this is going to be incredible isn't it.. you can already feel all the effort put in, everyone thinks that everything that isn't League of Legends or Blizzard is just made up fakery.

I think the reason I know Silicon Knights and Deadhaus isn't is because I always skim right over all of it lol! Like if I wasn't skimming and saying it's good it's because I might be reading and going like yeah right.

But it's dense! It's not long it's dense, long is fake IMO, dense is real and you can see people being focused on it, cool stuff.

Like it's packed, it's a single very complex picture rather than like pages of wowpedia sorta deal and online mobile phone games with like reams of dialogue basically of lore.

Reactions: Golden Xan