Ageless
OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 30, 2019
Hey guys, we've got a few more stuff from Deadhaus revealed. I'm going to post them here for easier access and discussion.

We've got some images from the game, concept art, renderings, wallpapers, logos and a small PDF document in the Press Kit. The PDF document can be found here, but it doesn't tell us anything we couldn't have access to already in the About and Deadhaus Sonata page of the website. We do have a new FAQ published that gives us a little bit more insight into a few things.

LOCATIONS - BACKGROUNDS
AnuMaht
AnuMaht_Desktop.jpg

Cathedral
Cathedral_Single.jpg

Necropolis
Necropolis_Double.jpg

CHARACTERS - WALLPAPERS
Lich
Liche_iPadPro.jpg

Revenant
Revenant_iPadPro.jpg

FAQ
We've got a few new affirmations from the FAQ. I'm listing all of that which we didn't already know here.
"We are combining elements of many of the past games from Denis into Deadhaus Sonata. There are Lovecraftian overtones from Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem, the gothic role-playing elements of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, where you are undead, and finally, some of the action RPG elements of Too Human. Deadhaus Sonata combines fast action, loot-driven gameplay, deep Gothic lore and a Dark Mythology."​
"PvP is currently scheduled for 1 year after launch."​
"So far we plan to have translations to the following languages: Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish. If you would like to see Deadhaus Sonata available in a language not listed here, please contact us and let us know."​
Deadhaus is not going to be an Epic Store exclusive. Though we expected that already, some people still wondered it.​

Additionally, there are logos and wallpapers of both Apocalypse Studios and Deadhaus Sonata in the Press Kit. You can find the ones small enough to be uploaded attached to this post. There is also some concept art very similar to the background images and female versions of the Lich and Revenant. I haven't posted everything here because the post would become too extensive.

I'll leave my comments below on another post.

Attachments

• DHS_Logo_Desktop.jpg
    DHS_Logo_Desktop.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DHS_Logo_Desktop_4k.jpg
    DHS_Logo_Desktop_4k.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DHS_Logo_iPhoneX.jpg
    DHS_Logo_iPhoneX.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Apocalypse_Logo_NoTreatment.png
    Apocalypse_Logo_NoTreatment.png
    229.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Apocalypse_Logo_Treatment.png
    Apocalypse_Logo_Treatment.png
    443.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Deadhaus_Logo_NoTreatment.png
    Deadhaus_Logo_NoTreatment.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 2
So, here are some observations I have on the documentation.

AnuMaht - Looks like an Egyptian name and location. Might suggest that there are indeed different kinds of playable locations (this is an arid/arenous terrain). This seems to be a place with living people, humans. There is a merchant at the bottom left of the screen selling what looks like pots and bowls, and there are a few more barracks spread around. What immediately jumps to the eye are the engravings on the temple. They look like runes. I don't believe they are undead signs, they seem to have been made by the living. The Cosmology map is engraved at the top of the temple's entrance, looks like it's a prevalent symbol in the game's world.

There are many candles (and adult-sized human skulls) spread throughout the pictures. Might be prayers or offerings, possibly and probably made by the living. The two big statues at the side of the temple's entrance are of what look like servants being sacrificed. One of them seems to have had its skull cleaved with a sword, maybe by his own doing (though I can't imagine a reasonable way to do that), and the other is holding his bowels. There is a statue of a praying figure in the middle of the plaza, a crying person, possibly a woman. To me, this seems like the humans have some religious connection to the undead, maybe a cult. This looks like a place of adoration, sorrow and sacrifice. I wonder what the fire is fueled by on top of the temple...

I can't speak for the chains or the inverted pyramid on top of the picture. Looks like a mystical place.

Cathedral - This image we've seen already in the Deadhaus Sonata page, right behind the Trinary Archetype System of classes, but the image was a bit zoomed in. Now we can see it whole. I don't see much to comment on it. The place seems to have been made by humans (I gathered this from the architecture and the statues of saints on the walls) and adapted thinking about the undead, as evidenced by the statues on the cathedral's walls and the death-like entity sculpted in the biggest statue on the left of the image and the curled up statue of men at the side of the gate. As before, we can see many candles left in the place. Perhaps this is a sign that humans and undead have been a part of this world for long and lived together to some extent?

Necropolis - This was by far the most interesting picture for me. It shows there is definitely an established place for the dead on this world. It's also the name of our main Discord chatting channel, it's a location of importance. Maybe this is where people go to turn undead. There are many tombstones scattered across the place, with candles at their base, maybe lit by loved ones. There are also birds in the sky, you can faintly see them in the distance at the top left corner. The two obelisks in the middle have statues of the same kind in the image of AnuMaht, besides the temple's many stairs. We can also see a few crypts and what might be a mausoleum. Most statues are of cloaked figures that look like death. We can have many creative theories about it, but I still think it's not enough for an accurate one. Still, we can probably guess the Necropolis is a place of huge relevante to the game world.

I also wondered why the tombstones have crosses in them. I thought that was a thing that Earthlings did. Is Christianity present in the game?

Characters - We've seen them already, though now in more detail. What is more interesting to me are the wordings: "Composed from Magick" and "Risen from Hatred". To me, this seems to suggest that different classes are indeed turned (created) in different ways. The Lich is the class at the Magickal tip of the Trinary Archetype, and the Revenant is at the tip of the Material end. Though I suppose you could say they all involve some kind of Magick, the Lich is composed of it, implying that it is made of, and the Revenant is, as the name suggest, risen from his death with hatred, an emotion from the material realm.

That sounds like Liches are created out of nothing and Revenants are people who died and are brought back for vengeance. But again, it's a bit soon to tell, these might just be flare.

Reactions: Brolnir
When looking at what can be seen of the world there are two locations within the territory known as Deadhaus, Anu Maht and the Well of Souls.

Liches are necromancers who have killed and raised themselves from the dead as a way of becoming immortal, but perhaps these did not kill themselves and instead were murdered as heretics for studying necromancy.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Golden Xan
I don't know much about the stories behind undead beings. The only Liches I know are from Warcraft and Might & Magic. In Might & Magic, a Necromancer character would undergo an extensive trial and gathering of materials to transform him or herself into a Lich through an alchemic ritual of magic and potions, which was treated as a new class with its own powers and peculiarities. They also looked absolutely neat. They were my second favorite class, the first one being the Dragon class. :)

Raising yourself from the dead sounds absolutely badass.

Reactions: Livin
@Golden Xan

That is definitely the class I'm looking at for this game. Sure as an LOK fan I'm interested in the vampire as well; but in the failed Nosgoth game my favorite class was the Summoner (as seen in my profile pic) and the lich seems like a dead ringer. See what I did there? :)

• Funny
Hahahaha that's cool.

I don't know which is my favorite yet. I like the Wraith's name, but I'll have to see how they play first. Though if I am to guess, I think the Lich might not be summoning creatures much. I think it'll be a spell caster. But let's see! :)

Hey guys, after reading a few things it seems like these archetypes might be a "mana bar" type of thing. An interview with Denis suggested the revenant gains hatred after killing and his hatred grows. I assume that might be like a mana or power bar that grows to unleash a special move or Magic for the lich. Perhaps a type of bloodlust whirlwind type of attack that needs to be charged with hate.

Knowing that they are saying that the classes will be very different in terms of play style, it would make sense to have different growing "mana bars" that grow in different ways.

Assume the vampire would have a "blood bar" that grows with draining blood and let's him/her use a special ability at max or multiple small abilities as the bar fills and drains or they lose health if the bar gets below a certain level since they need blood to live.

Assume the lich has a "magic/mana bar" that fills over time or by acquiring artifacts with power that can use a huge AoE spell at max or multiple small spells as it fills and might become weaker if they use too much magic because it is what binds them together/keeps them alive/undead

Assume the revenant lives on a "hate bar" that fills as they kill or are attacked. If they do not engage in combat often enough, they become a pacifist and disappear (lol) and as their bar fills they gain abilities to become stronger.

Assume the wight might have an "essence bar" that needs to be filled by collecting souls and artifacts and consuming them in order to cast abilities or uses the artifacts themselves with each one having their own specific abilities with a limited number of uses.

All speculation on my part, but I like the ideas

• Agree
Hey guys, after reading a few things it seems like these archetypes might be a "mana bar" type of thing. An interview with Denis suggested the revenant gains hatred after killing and his hatred grows. I assume that might be like a mana or power bar that grows to unleash a special move or Magic for the lich. Perhaps a type of bloodlust whirlwind type of attack that needs to be charged with hate.

Knowing that they are saying that the classes will be very different in terms of play style, it would make sense to have different growing "mana bars" that grow in different ways.

Assume the vampire would have a "blood bar" that grows with draining blood and let's him/her use a special ability at max or multiple small abilities as the bar fills and drains or they lose health if the bar gets below a certain level since they need blood to live.

Assume the lich has a "magic/mana bar" that fills over time or by acquiring artifacts with power that can use a huge AoE spell at max or multiple small spells as it fills and might become weaker if they use too much magic because it is what binds them together/keeps them alive/undead

Assume the revenant lives on a "hate bar" that fills as they kill or are attacked. If they do not engage in combat often enough, they become a pacifist and disappear (lol) and as their bar fills they gain abilities to become stronger.

Assume the wight might have an "essence bar" that needs to be filled by collecting souls and artifacts and consuming them in order to cast abilities or uses the artifacts themselves with each one having their own specific abilities with a limited number of uses.

All speculation on my part, but I like the ideas
I’m a real fan of that idea. Revenants is classical mythology come back from the dead out of hate for a person who wronged them and die when the exact revenge. That idea of the hate bar and a detriment when it’s empty make sense in a lore way. However the revenant disappearing might be a touch to extreme for a detriment. If the player likes to explore and loot that would be a reason for them to never touch the class.

Hmm that's true but I suppose the idea of different classes meaning different play styles, the revenant idea would force players to be in action more often and a more face to face melee style.

The team itself including David have said they want each class and play through to be different. What better way than to encourage explorers to try a different take? Maybe not disappear then, maybe they could have a combo hit multiplier of sorts that gets longer with hatred where low hate means only 1 hit at a time. Maxing that bar before a "dungeon" would make for spectacular results!

Yes, that makes a lot of sense.
I'm almost sure that your characters won't die if you run out of your respective mana essence, but the idea that each character has a different way of cultivating their powers makes sense and is probably on point. :)

We can speculate in which way each character gets to use and recover their powers now!

Revenant power can come from rage that builds as they fight. Making them their most vulnerable early in a fight but only getting stronger as the battle progresses. Perhaps fellow teammates can be able to strike them with minor damage to build the rage before a fight like a buff. In a straight fight and with enough time it would be almost no contest; but against enemies like assassins that strike during the calm, they'd be in trouble.

Revenant power can come from rage that builds as they fight. Making them their most vulnerable early in a fight but only getting stronger as the battle progresses.

Basically, acquiring damage reduction as they gain Rage?
Do Revenants spend Rage to execute their abilities?

The main issue I see with damage is the waste of health. That can easily be mitigated by different mechanics, such as health regeneration, health steal, health recovery skills or even a healer on the team. But it makes sense that a front-line assaulter like the Revenant should gain defensive capabilities as it engages with the enemy. Either by fighting itself or by having enemies near it. But it doesn't need to be through a passive ability either.

The Revenant wouldn't necessarily need to be hit by teammates, however. A simple skill allowing him to focus his anger and generate rage will do to prepare before a battle.
In fact... all classes could have a "regenerative stance" where they abstain from battling for a few seconds in order to focus and recover their health, mana, blood, or else. Something like "press X to meditate".

The initial footage we got to see doesn't really define how skills are use in the case of the Vampire... I believe they had no cooldown so they could be tested and showcased in the videos, and that will likely be different upon release.
Following @panterateama's logic, Vampires could use their blood to cast their powers, and drink blood from the enemy to recover it. But on the gameplay we got we've only seen them gaining health back up as they drink blood.

Later I'll mention a few different ways that "mana" could potentially be spent by different character styles.

What if the revenant could build rage via self harm... I know that's a controversial subject but if they lose a chunk of health in order to start a battle with higher rage stats, negating some of the health loss by gaining damage reduction, might make for an interesting gambling mechanic: gamble that higher rage and overall damage reduction outweighs having more health

@Golden Xan

I was assuming rage would function like stamina or mana, we'll find out eventually.

Building rage could go to increasing defense, attack, regenerative healing, or even a mix based on player preference.

A regenerative stance would be simpler but kind of make the classes more of the same in terms of play, at least early on. They could develop such things as they level but I would personally prefer it not become something that can be overly depended on.

A vamp must need to feed for them to sustain their power, creating consequence for avoiding the fight if they choose to do so.

A lich must concentrate to channel mana to use their magic, making them vulnerable to everything and everyone around them as they do so. That might be a bit tropey for a spell caster but there is time to think of something more original.

Perhaps there could be a build up prior to engaging an enemy. The revenant stares down a singular enemy and focuses on building it around them. Once the fight starts the full force will befall only that enemy and any caught in aoe abilities. Once that enemy is dead the revenant must move on quickly to the next or the rage will begin to die down. This could help make ambushes and assassins a further weak point for the class so they don't become op.

Reactions: Brolnir
What if the revenant could build rage via self harm... I know that's a controversial subject but if they lose a chunk of health in order to start a battle with higher rage stats, negating some of the health loss by gaining damage reduction, might make for an interesting gambling mechanic: gamble that higher rage and overall damage reduction outweighs having more health
That reminds me of Garuda's third ability in Warframe. It cuts her health in half, but restores a lot of energy. That is a good idea for how Revenant would work. Revenant could cut their health in half or cut a quarter of their health for a large rage boost.

I noticed in the few glimpses of Revenant gameplay I’ve managed to catch that they might run on stances.

Was this mentioned already? Like picking stance A, B, or C corresponds to the kind of attacks or movement you do. So far is just been C I guess? A fist. Seems like it’s fast movement with powerful attacks but not focused for group control. Just speculation.

As opposed to the vampire who’s a mix of magical, physical and essence.

The Revenant being mostly physical means he’s a powerhouse. Most likely the tank is the party and his different stances correlate to him guarding m, attacking etc etc.

Again just speculation on what I’ve been able to grab.

I noticed in the few glimpses of Revenant gameplay I’ve managed to catch that they might run on stances.

Was this mentioned already? Like picking stance A, B, or C corresponds to the kind of attacks or movement you do. So far is just been C I guess? A fist. Seems like it’s fast movement with powerful attacks but not focused for group control. Just speculation.

As opposed to the vampire who’s a mix of magical, physical and essence.

The Revenant being mostly physical means he’s a powerhouse. Most likely the tank is the party and his different stances correlate to him guarding m, attacking etc etc.

Again just speculation on what I’ve been able to grab.

In the current iteration the Rev is just REALLY angry. The Rev will(likely) be receiving a fairly radical redo in the next little bit. He Chonk but fast...He will likely end up being an Absolute Unit of a MEGAchonk without the speed of the Vampire. He's all about dishing out the hardest and most hateful of beatings and cares not how long it takes to close with his enemies.. This is not final...He will be more angry. Like someone ate his lunch out of the fridge angry...Like someone stole his first edition Championship Pog collection angry. He MAD.

I noticed that this is being class is being discussed at detail. If you have ideas on how you envision how you would like the Rev to play, feel free to start a new forum thread on it. @Iain Stenhouse and I would love to read suggestions.

Last edited:
In the current iteration the Rev is just REALLY angry. The Rev will(likely) be receiving a fairly radical redo in the next little bit. He Chonk but fast...He will likely end up being an Absolute Unit of a MEGAchonk without the speed of the Vampire. He's all about dishing out the hardest and most hateful of beatings and cares not how long it takes to close with his enemies.. Not final on that though...so don't take it as gospel. He will be more angry. Like someone ate is lunch out of the fridge angry...Like someone stole his first edition Championship Pog collection angry. He MAD.
That is mad. Like someone deleted his save file after finishing a tough fight in a game, mad?