Which direction do you think the logo should take?

• I like the previous one better, bring it back.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I like the new logo better, keep it.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • The new logo needs some adjustments, but after that, it might be fine.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Deadhaus can have an even meaner and more terrifying logo than this one.

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Golden Xan

Staff member
Mallius Odium
Players Playing Bloodbath Demo
Immemorial
Ageless
OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 30, 2019
Hey everyone,

There's this new logo that Deadhaus is using on its social media. I want to get a few votes on what you guys think of this change, overall.

This is what it used to be:

1600106671424.png
This is what it is now:
1600106661978.png
This is what the new logo looks when smaller:

1600106636550.png

I personally think this new logo is not badass enough. I like the crown's format better, the cheekbones are more distinct, and the separation from the crown and the head is cool. But, at the same time, the skull reminds me of a toy, the lack of teeth or stylized texture to it makes it seems like some other creature's skull rather a human skull (its teeth looks like horse's teeth, actually), and it looks awful when smaller, or seen from afar.

If you guys at Apocalypse want to bring about a new logo, maybe you could consider icons other than skulls as well. But if you want a skull, I believe you can make one that is more brutal, dark and terrifying than this one, especially with the new direction you've implied going for.

Actually, even better. Why don't you make a few logo variants and show them to us se we can help you guys decide which direction looks more awesome for Deadhaus?

What do you guys think? Any suggestions for them?

Last edited:
I would love to see something more bRuTaL

The new logo is more "iconic," not as in Mickey Mouse, but meaning that it works better when it's scaled down.

Here's the old logo scaled down to the same smaller size:
1600116723382.png
And here are both at icon size (32px height):
1600117102351.png
At this size, the "old" logo is hard to read. You can't make out the details too well, and it's wasting some real estate that could be used to explain itself better. While the new logo works perfectly fine at this size. If you didn't already know the logo, which one would you be more likely to recognize?

That said, obviously in larger pictures, more detail can be used. I would say as an icon, the new version could be a better choice.

Love the sleek new design!

I miss the slight discoleration at the top of the skull, and if that were brought back, I'd be perfectly fine with the new logo, I do like that it makes it clearer where the crown begins.

Um... the new logo looks way too cartoony to me and while that is not a bad thing on it's own I don't think it fits the art direction that has been talked about during the streams.

Reactions: KoruptDawg
I much prefer the original. The new one looks too streamlined, too cartoony, too simple. It doesn't really reflect the dark, and gothic look and feel that the game represents. There's no regality to it. It doesn't look like something I would attribute to a noble house.

If how it's seen when it's scaled down is the issue, then maybe just increase the size a couple ticks?

Reactions: Elveone
I prefer the weathered look of the old logo. Maybe you could add a split to define the crown better like the new logo but the new one just does not look gritty enough from what you have been saying in the streams.

Reactions: KoruptDawg
We are listening. Check out our new official logo!

I like the new logo. I imagine that is a representation of the solar system with the dots being the planets. Also looks like a moon and a fancy compass.

Ah, I like it cause it screams magical-science to me :p

• Happy
Reactions: Apocalypse
We went from detailed skull and crown to simple skull and crown, and then to.... a triangle. Correction: a fading triangle.
Did I miss something recently? Why the extreme change?

We went from detailed skull and crown to simple skull and crown, and then to.... a triangle. Correction: a fading triangle.
Did I miss something recently? Why the extreme change?

I think the new fading triangle is probably better as a general symbol. This game is not only going to be about the dead. They have teased Gigahaus which will be giants and other themes for the games. They vanishing triangle ties into the trinary system and also protends to pointing to the future (looking down the road) and this is a darker future, not a bright "happy" future.

But it does bring up an interesting point. Is Deadhaus just the name of this age (game) or is it the name of the "game" world. Deadhaus does not lend itself to a general game with multiply factions in the future. Should the game have a more general name and then Deadhaus. I know some people hate colons in game names but it could be needed here.

Not sure I made my point clear.

I like very much the current logo by the way, here it is

but I believe that some kind of "refreshment" would be good at this time.
We are about to have new stunning features in KT, new forum, new web site and so on, so I believe some changes in the logo would reflect these big changes in KT life...

Ciao,
Piero

I like very much the current logo by the way, here it is

but I believe that some kind of "refreshment" would be good at this time.
We are about to have new stunning features in KT, new forum, new web site and so on, so I believe some changes in the logo would reflect these big changes in KT life...

Ciao,
Piero
I have so many questions.