Meta

Ancient
Mallius Odium
Players Playing Bloodbath Demo
Grim Scribe
Harbinger
Mar 16, 2021
Texas
I'm not sure if this line of thought has already been covered or not, but a couple of simple keyword searches yielded nothing significant, so here I go!

This is a big topic to tackle so I'll just start with the easy/logical bit first:

Under the header VAMPIRES~
How might the new player experience go for a person deciding to create a Vampire character in the "Live Age(?)" (the Age that Malorum will be in when DHS goes Live/Full Release)? -I asked myself in my own head

The legacy players in the 1st Age might pass down special perks and/or physical traits to their descendants in the 2nd Age and the Live Age(?), so you may end up with a scenario to play out where a fledgling vampire player either chooses which Clan turned them (aka "Which Vampire Clan will you join?") and over time as that character grows and matures as a fully fledged Vampire, receives those boons/unlocks them, and gains those unique physical traits of the founding vampire of the 1st and 2nd Ages.

OR

Fledgling vampires have no Clan, but can choose to join one after proving themselves to be worthy (survive X number of missions, or complete the "Joining a Clan" quest chain), and will have their pick of some Clans to join, and to join the clan they receive blood from the Clan's representative. Perhaps older/more powerful clans require that the Vampire prove themselves to be particularly outstanding before they're permitted to join (survive X difficult missions, survive for X time/to X level while not in any clan) and will be rewarded with special accommodations upon entering into those prestigious Houses.

Will Vampires be allowed to change clans? How might that work? -I asked myself, again

Yes, because what if the Founder of your current Clan was powerful, but also powerful ugly? The player might value form over function, or decide that the other Clan's perks would better suit the play style they've grown comfortable with, or maybe the other Clan just has a cooler name or something. How do? A boon of blood from The Red Lady, of course! Her pure blood will override the mutated blood of any Clan, restoring you back to "default" Vampire (but at what cost?), and then you can choose to join a different Clan from there if you wish.

Other miscellaneous thoughts:
  • Being in multiple clans at the same time? (Multiple physical traits? Multiple perks? How to earn/unlock? What's the trade off? How much does the player get to choose?)
  • Will Clans also be the Vampire equivalent to a Guild? (all other Clan members are automatically in your Guild?) If so, will there be Guilds within Guilds if a player belongs to more than one Clan (as above)?
  • Benefits for not being associated with a Clan since the lore for Vampires says they're solitary by nature? Detriments for being in a Clan?