Ashen_Ring
Immemorial
Ageless
OG 2020
Zorins Treat
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 27, 2019
In the Necrolibriatas osteomancy is briefly mentioned. Now what exactly is osteomancy? In the Necrolibriatas entry that it is mentioned, it can be interpreted that the osteomancer is the one who raises your character from beyond to exact revenge for means yet to be mentioned. From what I perceive, this is more of necromancy than anything, however osteomancy as far as I can tell is a form of divination to possibly to tell the future by reading the formation of bones either from where they lay or to cast a collection of said bones then read the form on which they land to gain insight into future events. Has this concept of osteomancy been expanded upon to include necromancy, and what could it mean for possible magics within deadhaus? Could it retain a branch within necromancy to revive the one who's bones had belonged to, or is it reserved to more ritualistic means to awaken the energy that lays within the bones themselves? Now to expand upon the magical control of bones themselves, could a lich that specializes in osteomancy take it a step further and actually influence the bones on a more physical level than spiritual? Maybe perhaps growing their own or a allies skeletal structure into an armor, maybe even drawing bone fragments that may be embedded within the soil surrounding them to create weapons to cast upon enemies or even protect the said lich? I would love to see your opinions on this and any kind of insight or expansion!

I like this as a possible subclass and it could also be used as an alternate mini game to the tarot one I proposed (bone casting as well as tarot reading).

I think the Lich description is probably best suited to it, and having it as part of their summoner spec is probably the way to go.

The way I can see this playing out is with additional spec points you can summon more powerful creatures up to eidolons as a spec, and probably buff players with bone armor/spines.

Reactions: Mortis
Maybe could even add some variable build depth to the class turning the spell caster into a tanky/melee type by encasing themselves in the bones of fallen enemies or even manipulating their own skeleton into a thick chitonous shell around what remains of their flesh and or growing spins/blades/claws from their hands to use in combat. This could be buffed by the amount of enemy bodies laying close to the lich. Just imagine the sight of the bones tearing away from bodies at your feet leaving behind limp husks of gore as their bones twist into your own form

Maybe could even add some variable build depth to the class turning the spell caster into a tanky/melee type by encasing themselves in the bones of fallen enemies or even manipulating their own skeleton into a thick chitonous shell around what remains of their flesh and or growing spins/blades/claws from their hands to use in combat. This could be buffed by the amount of enemy bodies laying close to the lich. Just imagine the sight of the bones tearing away from bodies at your feet leaving behind limp husks of gore as their bones twist into your own form
I think we're about in line with that idea. I did my liche 2.0 write up and included the bone armor as a type of buff to grant allies or use on themselves :)

Reactions: Mortis