OG 2020
Dog Adopter
Grim Scribe
Eternal Champion
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Feb 24, 2018
Played the demo and it promises cross platform co-op. Looks like a good loot game but the guns don't feel as good as gears of war or Destiny but promises not to be a lootbox/pay to win game. The demo is short and shows some minor flaws but the powers and customization look promising. It is a People can FLy/Square Enix game so it comes with some "playstation" bugs like lots of loading and because of Square it has a story (not a revolutionary one) which means cutscenes galore. It got better after the prologue but mission areas are kind of small so I imagine that you will have a bit of loading between each mission as you travel back to base and equip more gear.

Reactions: punkintheband
Not bad but not something really good either. I didn't really think the classes or the powers were all that interesting. And the game is weirdly buggy - no problems whatsoever and no bugs encountered except when it literally crashes... or in my case when it randomly shuts down my monitor in the middle of the fight while the fight is still going on.

Played on Xbox and did not have any game crashes. Did get kicked out of the server a few times but I expect a bit of that with a demo. The biggest issue was speech and subtitles not in synch and often times same lines repeated in the text. Graphics were decent in combat but cutscenes could get ugly for late/next-gen game. The shadows and hair got really bad in some scenes. Might look better on series X or PC.

Overall did not hate but was not a must buy. I could see it at $30 but might get it if my son wants to play it with his friends. The game is more fun in co-op as you can link the powers. I think the trickster class will be the most common being able to freeze time is a huge bonus. I did like the technomancer.

So it looks like I am going to end up spending some time with this game. The loot grind does not seem so bad and I like the World Tier system that increases the enemy difficulty and increases your chances at better loot. It is a type of experience system where you rank it up as you fight but lose some progress when you die. Once you get to the next tier I don't think you can lose it at least at the lower tiers.

But the biggest factor is I am not really invested in any game now and it is free to play on Xbox game pass so why not. I have been grinding the demo for fun and already scored one legendary weapon and the end game looks like something that might be good for Deadhaus.

The endgame consists of 15 different missions that are not part of the main story. As you beat one you unlock the next one. But the end game missions also have tiers with better loot rewards as they get higher and you beat them in a shorter amount of time. You get guaranteed loot drop of a certain rarity but not specific gear. I can easily see this game taking 40 to 60 hours over the next few months.