Immemorial
Ageless
OG 2020
Old World
Harbinger
Apr 17, 2020
Deadhaus
Playable Humans​

When the game has released in the future and when the alpha and beta phases are all done and over, playing as humans against the undead is something I would love to see.

The Human classes would have strenth and weaknesses (like the Undead do) If you asking yourself why you would want to play a human when an undead is so much stronger and more powerful well that's kind of the point, as I am wishing for a combat system that is requirng mastery in both skill and understanding this basically builts on it. Deadhaus by the stream sounds to be a deep game, so why not the combat?

The occurent theme with fighting against the undead as human is that, the longer the fights continues the more the human will lose their advantage, the undead are more powerful and more stronger, skillful play and mastery is rewarded, less skillful play is punished.

Names of the classes are just thrown in so people might get an understanding of how they'll work and how I think about it them.

Paladin/Templar; This Holy Warrior fights against the forces of undead by the blessing of their patron or matron gods and goddesses, their strength lies within their holy abilites, their abilites are becomes available during battle and combat. Their weakness is such that longer they fight more weaker their armor gets but their damage gets increased.

(Revenant for example gets stronger and more powerful during fights as they hate builts up, increasing both armor and damage).

Lore; Coming from various background for human society, They can either scions of noble houses or people from the streets who have been broken and reforged by the pragmatic order masters, while the noble houses plays their politcal games and might think that being a holy warrior is honourable. The pragmatic knows that more efficient warriors are needed against the undead. The poor, the beggers, the outcasts are a good source for new recruits as no one will miss them and they'll be given a purpose, which is for the benefits for the Empire of Man.

The Captain; This class is all about AI formations (think like summoners and pets classes from City of Heroes) Their strength lies within using their battle formations which is made up by AI bots, the formation and tactics are chosen by the captain player. This class is basically like a melee "pet" class. Their strength is their weakness, if they lose their formation of men they become at a distntict disadvantge, while the captain is a capable melee fighter he or she will become a easy target once the formation is gone.

Lore; Men and Women who have risen through military life and experience, these men and women are grizzled veterans against the undead. Having seen friends, lovers and even rivals being torn asunder against the undead legions. They are the military of the Empire.

The Huntsmen – by bow (or guns but I don't know if guns exist in Deadhaus) this class strength lies within the range, either by taking up high ground position or standing with allies or using gadgets of alchemy (like greek fire) to take out their foes before they come within striking distance. Their strength is that they have access to tools and gadgets which can help against the undead, like traps and alchemical tools like the mentioned greek fire bombs.

Weakness, probably one of the human classes that requires the most of the player's own skill as good aim and reflexes is a must, situation awareness is a good thing to have too by the usage by gadgets and tools to lockdown the undead and keep them pin/finishing them off by distance.

NOTE; Yes they have a melee weapon ...

Lore; The Huntsmen of the Empire are men and women who has been using bows from birth to catch their meals, although the nobility for sure organise hunts for fun the Huntsmen lives on it. The Huntsmen are part of the Imperial military.

There are going to be other houses available later on but humans won't be one of them as far as we know.

• Informative
Reactions: Temuldjin
@DukeVaeVictis I see the time and effort you put into the post, but I don't think this would add much to the game. I like the lore as backstory to some of the troops we might take out, but I don't want to play them. There are hundreds of games that I can get to play as a "weak" human against hordes of stronger enemies, demons, monsters etc. It is a power fantasy that already exists. There are much fewer games where you play the "Monster" and this game has a unique spin on how they play (not just humans with a vampire skin etc.) I don't see how the playstyles of the humans would differ from the Undead classes except for how powerful they might be.

Maybe this could be used as a prologue to show how you died but some of the classes were not originally humans so that would not work for all the classes.

Deadhaus
Playable Humans​

When the game has released in the future and when the alpha and beta phases are all done and over, playing as humans against the undead is something I would love to see.

The Human classes would have strenth and weaknesses (like the Undead do) If you asking yourself why you would want to play a human when an undead is so much stronger and more powerful well that's kind of the point, as I am wishing for a combat system that is requirng mastery in both skill and understanding this basically builts on it. Deadhaus by the stream sounds to be a deep game, so why not the combat?

The occurent theme with fighting against the undead as human is that, the longer the fights continues the more the human will lose their advantage, the undead are more powerful and more stronger, skillful play and mastery is rewarded, less skillful play is punished.

Names of the classes are just thrown in so people might get an understanding of how they'll work and how I think about it them.

Paladin/Templar; This Holy Warrior fights against the forces of undead by the blessing of their patron or matron gods and goddesses, their strength lies within their holy abilites, their abilites are becomes available during battle and combat. Their weakness is such that longer they fight more weaker their armor gets but their damage gets increased.

(Revenant for example gets stronger and more powerful during fights as they hate builts up, increasing both armor and damage).

Lore; Coming from various background for human society, They can either scions of noble houses or people from the streets who have been broken and reforged by the pragmatic order masters, while the noble houses plays their politcal games and might think that being a holy warrior is honourable. The pragmatic knows that more efficient warriors are needed against the undead. The poor, the beggers, the outcasts are a good source for new recruits as no one will miss them and they'll be given a purpose, which is for the benefits for the Empire of Man.

The Captain; This class is all about AI formations (think like summoners and pets classes from City of Heroes) Their strength lies within using their battle formations which is made up by AI bots, the formation and tactics are chosen by the captain player. This class is basically like a melee "pet" class. Their strength is their weakness, if they lose their formation of men they become at a distntict disadvantge, while the captain is a capable melee fighter he or she will become a easy target once the formation is gone.

Lore; Men and Women who have risen through military life and experience, these men and women are grizzled veterans against the undead. Having seen friends, lovers and even rivals being torn asunder against the undead legions. They are the military of the Empire.

The Huntsmen – by bow (or guns but I don't know if guns exist in Deadhaus) this class strength lies within the range, either by taking up high ground position or standing with allies or using gadgets of alchemy (like greek fire) to take out their foes before they come within striking distance. Their strength is that they have access to tools and gadgets which can help against the undead, like traps and alchemical tools like the mentioned greek fire bombs.

Weakness, probably one of the human classes that requires the most of the player's own skill as good aim and reflexes is a must, situation awareness is a good thing to have too by the usage by gadgets and tools to lockdown the undead and keep them pin/finishing them off by distance.

NOTE; Yes they have a melee weapon ...

Lore; The Huntsmen of the Empire are men and women who has been using bows from birth to catch their meals, although the nobility for sure organise hunts for fun the Huntsmen lives on it. The Huntsmen are part of the Imperial military.
This has been brought up before and as @Elveone stated there will be other houses but humans are not on that list.

that being said there is always a possibility for them to add in humans (maybe not as a playable faction per-se) but for a "for fun" type event or something later on, definitely a feature that would sit on the backburner for a long time.

Brothers! Do I detect defeatism? Playing as humans because they are weak and underpowered is basically the point. Playing and (not dying) as cattle would be a sign of true mastery and skill of the game's combat system. I think it would give loads to the game WHEN the game would be ready for it, which means no rush.

So then what for other houses have been mentioned in the livestreams?

Brothers! Do I detect defeatism? Playing as humans because they are weak and underpowered is basically the point. Playing and (not dying) as cattle would be a sign of true mastery and skill of the game's combat system. I think it would give loads to the game WHEN the game would be ready for it, which means no rush.

So then what for other houses have been mentioned in the livestreams?
You detect people not giving a crap about the mundane - we are fighting ancient gods and eldrich horrors here. Gigahaus - house of the giants is one of the things that we have coming for sure. Another two that have been speculated about are Demons and Dragons as we have had some art to show both species.

I think you might be missing part of the game that has been implied but not really been revealed. Humans are not the main enemy for the undead. The humans are helping to fill out the world but there will be fighting between undead factions and there are greater forces at play that will be revealed as we learn and explore the world Apocalypse is creating. There will be elder gods and other factions that join the world that will pose a real threat to your undead existence.

Oh! Thank you for telling me this, this is really interesting.

Okay so I can imagine that PvP will be between undead factions for example?

Okay so I can imagine that PvP will be between undead factions for example?
PvP, when it has been mentioned, has been mentioned to be between different Hauses, while politics is the PvP within a Haus. At least as far as it has been mentioned.

Thanks! I guess it makes more sense to have the undead fighting against another kind of monsters. So one could say "realm vs realm?"

Thanks! I guess it makes more sense to have the undead fighting against another kind of monsters. So one could say "realm vs realm?"

It's more like monsters vs monsters, a big part of what drove people to this game is being able to play as the things that are present in our folklore legends.

Nothing wrong with humans vs monsters but it has been done before, same thing with humans vs humans games. It would be funny to have some human playmodes during halloween, just for the lol but yeah, this game will not have them as a playing race (and this is part of what makes it unique imo)

As for races, giants are confermed to be a future playable race most likely the first one to be released after the undead. Other races mentioned but not yet confirmed officially are fairies, dragons, demons and i think angels too but i am not sure

So, Realm vs Realm usually means something like Alliance vs Horde.

So, Realm vs Realm usually means something like Alliance vs Horde.
alliance vs horde would be faction vs faction
realm vs realm would be along the lines of which server you logged into vs another server.

Deadhaus is going to be a single cloud based server (at least that is what has been stated)

PvP will not be introduced until a another Haus is introduced (GigaHaus, DemonHaus, AngelHaus, DreamHaus, DragonHaus, SPIDERHAUS)

Denis did mention that you will be able to group up and party with the other factions and play alongside them as well.

Realm Vs Realm don't necessary have anything do with server vs server, Dark Age of Camelot used that term as you did for Alliance Vs Horde, both are right I guess and no point being nitpicky of it.

It's cool they are introducing new hauses down the line and if they add angels then the purpose of this thread is basically obsolete anyway! (Angels in their righteousness can be evil bastards!)

Last edited:
The game is expected to have 9 Houses total, at least, in the future (years into the future).
We have discussed playing as humans in the forum before. My thought was mainly that, whenever we play a game in which there is a "different" unplayable faction, we want to play as them. Like playing Dungeon Keeper, where you control creatures from "hell", and wanting to play as the humans. :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. But if the undead are meant to be as powerful as they are indicated to be, the disparity between them make it so that humans would not be able to compete against them at all. at least on an individual basis. So in that case you couldn't have a regular game in the same style. But that's just speculation. There are humans who, in character stories, have faced monsters alone and lived, yet they are exceptions.

Basically, I don't see an issue with making human play viable in some way, if they think that would contribute to the players' experience.

From what they told us, in some character backgrounds you will be playing as a human before you become undead, so there is at least that.
However, as others have mentioned, PVP was said to be exclusively focused on the classes of the main Houses, of which humans are not a part of.

The thread has served its purpose. :) I think I can be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.