Which thread type is more engaging for you?

• Article

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Discussion

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Other (leave us a comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Golden Xan

Staff member
Mallius Odium
Players Playing Bloodbath Demo
Immemorial
Ageless
OG 2020
Grim Scribe
Magus
Vampire Scholar
Old World
Harbinger
Mar 30, 2019
Hey everyone,

We were considering what thread type would be more engaging in the new
Deadhaus Sonata Writing subsection.

So far, we were using the "article" type:
Screenshot_1.jpg
The article type reveals snippets of the text and images in the thread, but also takes quite a lot of space.

And in most subsections we are using this discussion format:
1619569321515.png
They each have their own peculiarities.

Article type reveals snippets and images in the thread. It encourages the use of images and text formatting. It also forces you to scroll a lot more before finding a specific thread.

Discussion type does not show any snippet, only the thread's title. It makes it easier to keep track of what's new and what has updates, and can be easier to find specific threads.

Xenforo also allows for different formats. Here are the currently available options, for those who are interested:

We would like your input, to better attend our writing needs. Submit your vote and leave us any comments below. Thank you!

Reactions: Barkingworm
I tend to prefer the Discussion style of forum layout, it allows people to quickly see what the thread titles are while also allowing for quick navigation. The only thing that the Article layout does better is that it shows a picture if there is one in the main post, and even then, that usually isn't that relevant for the writing subforum.

Reactions: Golden Xan
I'd say discussion as well. the articles people are writing and putting up here are for feedback and brainstorming. people coming into the community may think and be adverse to giving feedback if they think its an article to just read. Not to mention I don't think we need big blocks of info on the page - save that for announcements and other major things

Reactions: Golden Xan
Thank you for the comments and votes. It seems that the people most involved unanimously prefer the discussion type.